Will dl/cl lounges go away?

These kinds of threads can be dangerous and counterproductive!

They send a message to RCCL that its most loyal cruisers are expecting changes, and, in many cases, accepting them in advance.

I'm not! If there are changes, I fully expect to be grandfathered into the present reward system.

If RCCL wants to make changes for new folks, fine and good, but I for one expect that the cruise line will live up to the promises it has made to me as I have spent my money in good faith expecting the perks that have been promised!

That's what I was trying to say on post #22
I'm sure if you and others keep posting your guesses It will happen.
Edited by FLACRUISER99

But he will retain Pinnacle status (though his point count may be lower.) And, should he remarry, his new spouse will be Pinnacle upon her second cruise.

That is what I thought , but she said no, that would not happen. He would go back to D+ status and if he remarried the new spouse would not get the Pinnacle status. I told her I didn't believe that would happen and she said that is what she was told.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So you expect a wife to go to the lounge without her husband or vice versa? Or else not use the perk? Really? That would make this perk out of the norm of other perks for airlines, hotels and airport lounges, etc. You always get to bring your spouse. What would Royal gain by going against the norm and angering it's loyal guests?

My husband has the highest tier on several major airlines. When flying together if he gets upgraded to business/first so do I. Same with a hotel concierge lounge.

So, the airline does not give you or his kids high tier status, but treats you well when you travel with your husband, the highest tier member. Well, cruiseline could do that, too. Celebrity allows cabinmates of Elites to attend the cocktail parties, even if the cabinmate personally lacks Captain's Club status. If Royal Caribbean did something similar (allowing cabinmates to share C&A perks), it would solve your husband/wife lounge issue you cite (unless they did not share a cabin for their own reasons). Wouldn't that be a better parellel to your airline example?

Edited by Starry Eyes

That is what I thought , but she said no, that would not happen. He would go back to D+ status and if he remarried the new spouse would not get the Pinnacle status. I told her I didn't believe that would happen and she said that is what she was told.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Perhaps somebody thought it better to underpromise than to risk overpromising? Like you, I doubt they'd take PC away if his wife passed.

So, the airline does not give you or his kids high tier status, but treats you well when you travel with your husband, the highest tier member. Well, cruiseline could do that, too. Celebrity allows cabinmates of Elites to attend the cocktail parties, even if the cabinmate personally lacks Captain's Club status. If Royal Caribbean did something similar (allowing cabinmates to share C&A perks), it would solve your husband/wife lounge issue you cite (unless they did not share a cabin for their own reasons). Wouldn't that be a better parellel to your airline example?

Yes, and I would be ok with that. I think it was crazy of Royal Caribbean to give everyone in the family the same status as the highest tiered member of that family. I don't think people even expected that but that is what they did and still do.

Yes, and I would be ok with that. I think it was crazy of Royal Caribbean to give everyone in the family the same status as the highest tiered member of that family. I don't think people even expected that but that is what they did and still do.

Yes, their current policy does seem crazy to me, too. I'd like loyalty members to be able to enjoy their perks and also their spouse, kids, or other travel companions, but giving high status to a person his entire life because his D+ parents brought him on a cruise or two as a minor seems strange to me. Oh well, their program, their rules.

Yes, their current policy does seem crazy to me, too. I'd like loyalty members to be able to enjoy their perks and also their spouse, kids, or other travel companions, but giving high status to a person his entire life because his D+ parents brought him on a cruise or two as a minor seems strange to me. Oh well, their program, their rules.

I don't think it is lifetime status for children, only until they reach a certain age. At that point, they revert to points for cruises actually taken. But I agree with your overall point. :)

I don't think it is lifetime status for children, only until they reach a certain age. At that point, they revert to points for cruises actually taken. But I agree with your overall point. :)

Yes, they revert to their own points when they turn 18, but they retain the status level. So if you had a child that only took one cruise before 18, but their parents were Diamond, when they hit 18 they would have 7 points, but still be Diamond. They would need to get all the points on their own to make it to the D+ level.

Yes, they revert to their own points when they turn 18, but they retain the status level. So if you had a child that only took one cruise before 18, but their parents were Diamond, when they hit 18 they would have 7 points, but still be Diamond. They would need to get all the points on their own to make it to the D+ level.

OK, my son's have taken one cruise on RC. It was our first cruise on RC. We were probably Platinum by the time our youngest turned 18. Is he Platinum now? I guess I could create an account for him and see what comes up

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the clarification. There is almost always a caveat or two hidden in the fine print. :(

OK, my son's have taken one cruise on RC. It was our first cruise on RC. We were probably Platinum by the time our youngest turned 18. Is he Platinum now? I guess I could create an account for him and see what comes up.

If your son was linked to your account at the time he turned 18, then he should have whatever level you had at that time.

If your son was linked to your account at the time he turned 18, then he should have whatever level you had at that time.

Pretty sure he was not linked, trying to get CA numbers now. Had to contact C&A because Empress is not in the drop-down list

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Pretty sure he was not linked, trying to get CA numbers now. Had to contact C&A because Empress is not in the drop-down list

The fact that he was not linked may be a problem with him getting the same status as you had when he turned 18. I'd be curious what C&A tells you.

The fact that he was not linked may be a problem with him getting the same status as you had when he turned 18. I'd be curious what C&A tells you.

I'll be curious, too. Though Platinum (via parents), as I recall, doesn't get him much all that much more than Gold (on his own). And he will have to earn his way up to Emerald, Diamond, etc from his own points

Yes. They may say he has his own status as he has already turned 18.

Our DD (12) has made D+ through the 19 cruises she has been on, she will remain at D+ status with accrued points when reaching 18

She was linked to our C&A accounts from 6 months:)

And with the DW and DD cruising on 11+ nighters every year without me:(

In suites (double points).

Plus the 2 or more we do each year, Pinnacle will be achievable probably before she reaches 30.

At 18 still will be D+ but will then have to accrue points and status on her own to achieve Pinnacle.

Of course she wants to make it to the top tier before she reaches 18.;)

Bless her she said "Dad Will I be the youngest Pinnacle member"

Anyone know the age of the youngest Pinnacle member, she was D+ when she was 8 in her own right.

Happy Days!

Our DD (12) has made D+ through the 19 cruises she has been on, she will remain at D+ status with accrued points when reaching 18

She was linked to our C&A accounts from 6 months:)

And with the DW and DD cruising on 11+ nighters every year without me:(

In suites (double points).

Plus the 2 or more we do each year, Pinnacle will be achievable probably before she reaches 30.

At 18 still will be D+ but will then have to accrue points and status on her own to achieve Pinnacle.

Of course she wants to make it to the top tier before she reaches 18.;)

Bless her she said "Dad Will I be the youngest Pinnacle member"

Anyone know the age of the youngest Pinnacle member, she was D+ when she was 8 in her own right.

Happy Days!

Hey Graham,

Read here that there was or going to be someone turning a pinnacle in their early 20's. Still a great achievement.

Hey Graham,

Read here that there was or going to be someone turning a pinnacle in their early 20's. Still a great achievement.

Morning Ken.. Agreed that is some cruising. All the best to them I say.

Pinnacle at 20!!! just imagine where they will be at when they retire:)

I am aiming for 50 myself LOL;)

Its a situation similar to making Elite on X because of RC status, however advancing to Elite Plus has to be done by earning the points on Celebrity, the RC points mean nothing

• 1 month later...
I will apologize now for living near Port Canaveral and being able to take 3 night cruises on a regular basis. For this, I am sorry. I was born here, work here, and raised my son here. now, I am D+. I am not wealthy, nor poor. I am a middle class working person along with my DH. We started doing 7 night cruises after our son left the house and our responsibilities went away. Again, I'm sorry to have attained this level with ease.

But, on the other point, anyone could have taken b/b cruises 3/4 nights and earn 2 cruise points for 7 nights instead of 1.

Hey gma, don't be sorry. Many of us who have to fly for our cruises rack up miles and more using certain credit cards. Adding my DH business flights our status gets us free bags and usually upgraded to business class. With miles we often fly free. So there are perks even having to fly. But the flights....hate those.

I really think Good Luck to anyone that achieves any status, ( even Gold ) the ability to cruise is an amazing thing. Despite the growth of the industry there are still many people in this world that would enjoy just one meal in a Windjammer.

However I fail to see that being born to parents that enjoy cruising is actually any kind of achievement, outside of that for the parents that have worked hard enough to be able to enjoy many cruises with their children.

I take my hat of to the parents, as I know full well that we would probably not have achieved even Diamond if we had any children ( unless I had put them to work at an illegal age). :D

Hey Graham,

Hey Graham,

Could it be someone's trophy bride?

Pinnacle by injection :D