Will dl/cl lounges go away?

I confidently predict that D+ will be evicted from the CL mid 2015 just after we attain that status. A precedent was set when Ds were evicted just after we achieved diamond level[emoji26]. Seriously, I think vouchers are a prelude to making the diamond lounge for D+ and the CL for suite guests only, but when this will happen depends on acceptance of the voucher system

We've taken a lot of drinks out of the lounges. The waiters even encourage it. I think it turns over seats faster

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

They were letting everyone take drinks out of the CL on Ex. People were walking out with several bottles of beer at a time. I saw this happen several times.

Thanks. I must be sailing the "wrong" ships.

M

Thanks. I must be sailing the "wrong" ships.

M

I think it's a recent development. They were always so strict before. I think they are catering to suite passengers. They are a different type of cruiser (in general) than a loyalty passenger.

Have taken one cruise in a full suite and LOVED the CL - we are just a few points away from achieving Diamond status so would hate to think that they restrict the DL to D+ before we even get a chance to use it, but with the growing number of Diamond status cruisers I think the restricted use of the DL is inevitable

I think it's a recent development. They were always so strict before. I think they are catering to suite passengers. They are a different type of cruiser (in general) than a loyalty passenger.

First noticed on Monarch during Diamond event, but I see it in DL as well now. This is Freedom and Enchantment primarily

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Have taken one cruise in a full suite and LOVED the CL - we are just a few points away from achieving Diamond status so would hate to think that they restrict the DL to D+ before we even get a chance to use it, but with the growing number of Diamond status cruisers I think the restricted use of the DL is inevitable

You would still have the drink vouchers.

For better or for worse, what Royal Caribbean is hearing is the passengers who are saying, "Great. I love the idea of vouchers. Now I can drink with my non-Diamond friends & family. Now I can have my drinks anywhere on the ship. I love this idea!"

Just off Brilliance. Rumors from bar staff were that as of 1/1/15, only suites and pinnacle in CL, D+ in Diamond Lounge and vouchers for Diamonds....makes perfect sense, given RCI history of changing up perks when too many people reach loyalty levels. Next cruise we will be D+ .... Right after we made D they kicked us out of CL.... I am starting to think either I am bad luck or my timing for reaching new levels is off!! Lol!

Just off Brilliance. Rumors from bar staff were that as of 1/1/15, only suites and pinnacle in CL, D+ in Diamond Lounge and vouchers for Diamonds....makes perfect sense, given RCI history of changing up perks when too many people reach loyalty levels. Next cruise we will be D+ .... Right after we made D they kicked us out of CL.... I am starting to think either I am bad luck or my timing for reaching new levels is off!! Lol!

Yeah probably. We can all blame your cruising habits for the changes

Hehe

Luck of draw

But wouldn't be surprised if ps to cl and d+to dl and d vouchers

Big numbers of prople out there

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And I was told, 'suites only!' for CL. They weren't sure about D, D+ and P.

And I was told, 'suites only!' for CL. They weren't sure about D, D+ and P.

Doubt it!

If so the CL will be, as the song goes, "one of the loneliest places in the world."

We've been D+ for a number of years now and many of the Concierge Lounges would be totally empty for most of the night if only for the suities. Suite guests, unlike P, D+ and D, do not tend to hang out in the lounges. They will come in for a drink or two, some snacks and then leave.

I think what RCCL is trying to accomplish here is to see if the free drinks outside the lounges will reduce the numbers inside the lounges. If so, nothing will change. If there is still selected overcrowding on some ships, then it's possible the Ds will be relegated to the three free drinks outside while the D+ take over the former D lounges.

Edited by yogimax

I agree I see the day coming soon where pinnacles/suites in CL and diamond plus in DL

but I hope that wait until all thier ships have a DL... I make Diamond plus after my October cruise and then in january will be on the explorer which does not have a DL.....so I am planning on my morning coffee from the CL

Well we will just have to wait and see

and truthfully we are starting to sail Celebrity more.

Rick

Doubt it!

If so the CL will be, as the song goes, "one of the loneliest places in the world."

We've been D+ for a number of years now and many of the Concierge Lounges would be totally empty for most of the night if only for the suities. Suite guests, unlike P, D+ and D, do not tend to hang out in the lounges. They will come in for a drink or two, some snacks and then leave.

I think what RCCL is trying to accomplish here is to see if the free drinks outside the lounges will reduce the numbers inside the lounges. If so, nothing will change. If there is still selected overcrowding on some ships, then it's possible the Ds will be relegated to the three free drinks outside while the D+ take over the former D lounges.

There were a lot of big families traveling together in suites on our cruise. They came to the lounge in groups, kids and all.

There were a lot of big families traveling together in suites on our cruise. They came to the lounge in groups, kids and all.

Did those families stay for 3 1/2 hours with their kids?

Somehow I doubt it!

Edited by yogimax

my thoughts exactly. Although I won't miss the CL. All ships I've sailed on have a superior DL with sea views not a 'cupboard' with no windows as the CLs on Freedom and Voyager class ships.

Oh just made D+ btw but as you can see from my comments would have stuck with the DL anyway.

Edited by peteukmcr

That makes perfect sense.

I would love to know the exact numbers of cruisers that attained D, D+ and Pinnacle as of Jan 1 2013 for example, and compare them to today. I think it could look rather astonishing imho to see the escalating numbers (with the December Diamonds, triple points in suites, etc etc the past few years). I'm betting half of Quantum will be D+ and above on my Dec sailing .... they'll run out of booze for the entire sailing on the first night :eek::p

I think at the beginning of 2014, there were about 400 Pinnacles. I think I heard 2,500 D+ but that may be low. Don't have any number for Ds.

I think at the beginning of 2014, there were about 400 Pinnacles. I think I heard 2,500 D+ but that may be low. Don't have any number for Ds.

There are at least 600-700 Pinnacles and growing. Thought I heard 5000 D+.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by ARCruisinNana

I also like the Diamond Clubs better on most ships.....except Oasis and Allure. No comparison on these. Concierge Club is awesome, the Diamond Club is cute and a good place to people watch and watch parades, but I don't like the cocktail hour that is usually held in Blaze.

Thought my numbers might be low. Thanks for the better information. Lots of folks are making P, D+ and the two interim levels in D+ -- 350 & 525.

We get a fair number of P's (as well as D+) when we sail from Port C as it is an easy drive for so many Florida locations and lots of folks hop onto cruises last minute.

Edited by SherriZ366

Any statistics are flawed since RCCL doesn't remove people from the rolls when they die or stop sailing.

It's a given that the vast majority of Pinnacles are older and more likely to drop out of the scene for various reasons.

It's not the Pinnacles and Diamond Pluses who have the greatest increase. It's the Diamonds with a relatively low threshold to qualify.

Any statistics are flawed since RCCL doesn't remove people from the rolls when they die or stop sailing.

It's a given that the vast majority of Pinnacles are older and more likely to drop out of the scene for various reasons.

It's not the Pinnacles and Diamond Pluses who have the greatest increase. It's the Diamonds with a relatively low threshold to qualify.

Have heard of some Pinnacles who have passed away and a few D+s.