Blow up pool on Breakaway

Squirty27

I've read of posters bringing them before. If you're cruising in summer, you might want to give some thought as to where you'll put it. Some posters have put small splash pools on their cabin balconies. Having only been on the Dawn in summer, the Lido is SO packed, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a space for it.

As someone who is traveling the same ship (8/31) with a 1.5 year old, I would say that a 4ft foot pool is just too large to bring. It will stand out quite a bit and take up a good deal of space. For me, rule of thumb should be to limit to the amount of space a deck chair would occupy.

I purchased this, as it seems the most reasonable in terms of size and water logistics. :

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Disney-Princess-Inflatable-Bathtub/15657408

Just what folks want under your balcony is water splashing/dripping down unto their railing then on to them. The balconies are small enough with some having overhang so you have sit right at the railing to get sun.

Edited by Ilovesailing

• 3 months later...

I see this come up from time to time and really do not get it.

A 1 year old will not feel left out because they are not in the pool. They will not see the ocean and think "gee, I want to sit in some water". If somebody went and stayed at a mountain lodge, would then take a pool? Or a hotel?

Draggin it, unpacking it, filling it, trying to empty it, etc seems like alot of effort to make the parents feel good.

As to fitting in the bathroom - sure you could squeeze it in the there - wall to wall. But, why?

Edited by garycarla

I see this come up from time to time and really do not get it.

A 1 year old will not feel left out because they are not in the pool. They will not see the ocean and think "gee, I want to sit in some water". If somebody went and stayed at a mountain lodge, would then take a pool? Or a hotel?

Draggin it, unpacking it, filling it, trying to empty it, etc seems like alot of effort to make the parents feel good.

As to fitting in the bathroom - sure you could squeeze it in the there - wall to wall. But, why?

I have to agree with this. If you really want your child to have some water to play with, take a small bucket and fill it so the child can dip in and get wet. That's more than enough for a little one.

Are small 48" round pools allowed on Breakaway? I know some ships allow them. Our grand daughter is 11 months old.

Thank you

I think it is way too large, but if it fits on your balcony, by all means take it, but please don't take it to the pool deck and take up that much space, as it is crowded enough.

Leave the pool home. Leave the kid home too.

I totally agree with leaving the pool at home.

As to the kid - to each their own. I would assume there are some other siblings or something as well. If people want to take a one year old on a cruise, then go for it. I would not do it, but it is fine if others want to. My brother did it with 2 &3 year old kids - and could not wait to get home to relax. Again, it is fine for those that want to do it.