Carnival signs partnership with Cowboys

jimbo5544

America's Team is whoever you root for. There's no way an Eagles, Redskins or Giant fan will ever say that Cowboys are America's Team! We went on the Magic 2 years ago out of Galveston and every one that we met was from Texas/OKC or Louisiana. There is a huge market here.

My family goes to the Cowboys games which feels real different in the new AT & T stadium vs. the Texas stadium. Cowboys just broke ground in my town in Frisco Texas for their new training facility which will also include restaurants and shopping venues. I've been living here 10 years (originally a Northeasterner) and we do get caught up in the excitement at Cowboys games. Great marketing for a team that breaks their fans hearts every year. That being said, I will always be a Giants fan and wear my shirt proud at Cowboys vs Giants games. Wonder if I'd get thrown overboard with my Giants t-shirt on?

That being said, we have a conflict of interest in my house. My 14 year old was asked and will be dancing this Saturday night onstage with the Dallas Cowboy Rhythm and Blues Dancers (DCRB) at a dance fest. She's has danced at the stadium before and is very excited that Carnival and Cowboys are getting "married" (her words). She thinks she'll get to cruise more which I hate to break it to her - isn't happening! I am not choosing a cruise line one way or another over an affiliation with a football team.

America's Team is whoever you root for. There's no way an Eagles, Redskins or Giant fan will ever say that Cowboys are America's Team! We went on the Magic 2 years ago out of Galveston and every one that we met was from Texas/OKC or Louisiana. There is a huge market here.

My family goes to the Cowboys games which feels real different in the new AT & T stadium vs. the Texas stadium. Cowboys just broke ground in my town in Frisco Texas for their new training facility which will also include restaurants and shopping venues. I've been living here 10 years (originally a Northeasterner) and we do get caught up in the excitement at Cowboys games. Great marketing for a team that breaks their fans hearts every year. That being said, I will always be a Giants fan and wear my shirt proud at Cowboys vs Giants games. Wonder if I'd get thrown overboard with my Giants t-shirt on?

That being said, we have a conflict of interest in my house. My 14 year old was asked and will be dancing this Saturday night onstage with the Dallas Cowboy Rhythm and Blues Dancers (DCRB) at a dance fest. She's has danced at the stadium before and is very excited that Carnival and Cowboys are getting "married" (her words). She thinks she'll get to cruise more which I hate to break it to her - isn't happening! I am not choosing a cruise line one way or another over an affiliation with a football team.

It's a national thing with them. Sports fans are emotional and often times irrational about stuff involving their team and other teams. It makes no sense really, but sports partnerships wouldn't be a huge market if they didn't work. They will now get exposure to millions of fans all around the country and world who are Cowboys fans and see their partnership with Carnival and may be more likely to book a CCL cruise because of it. Good move by them. Cheaper than buying ad time in every city and stuff like that. I mean, I would never buy a product just because they are the "official" product of the Phillies or Flyers (just means they spent the most money to get the title which many sports fans are clueless about too) but I know people who would.

Edited by FlyingCruiserNJ

I bet we will see the Cowboy's star onboard Carnival ships , and on other things onboard , I would think t-shirts , Mugs , maybe napkins , ect

I forgot to add that if the Cowboys Cheerleaders will be onboard, my husband will definitely want to take more Carnival cruises! Carnival does need new entertainment right?

I bet we will see the Cowboy's star onboard Carnival ships , and on other things onboard , I would think t-shirts , Mugs , maybe napkins , ect

LOL, I would love to see people get in fights onboard about people carrying items with CCL/Cowboys logos on them and that kind of thing. Probably going to be some vandalism of stuff with Cowboys logos on it also onboard too. Hope Carnival thought of that beforehand.

This is purely a marketing move on Carnival's part; good business move as it will expose the brand to millions of Texans. Texas is a booming cruising source market.

With that said: GO PATRIOTS!!!!

bI3efFhbcOC1gePIxLwDM1jNjwkewEEqleoSUcTnEGiyAk6k4w9XEQnkho5sdDoX.jpg

However only eagles fans would hold it against CCL that they booked with a much more successful and popular franchise in a potentially very lucrative market.
I'm originally from South Jersey and I'm an Eagles (pronounced Iggles:p) fan. My three sons are Giants fans (yes, it gets interesting in our home). Then there's DH the long-suffering Cleveland Browns fan, but we won't go there.;) From a marketing perspective I think partnering with the Cowboys is a good move and I wouldn't hold it against them at all. (Hey, no one sails from Philly.) We sailed out of Galveston four years ago and liked it. Now that they've announced a return to cruises to Costa Rica and Panama from Galveston, we'd consider another Texas cruise. But no, I won't be purchasing any Cowboys souvenirs. :p

Carnival has inked a multi-year partnership with the Dallas Cowboys. Their will be branding in the stadium as well as other items. America's team and and America's cruise line.

This is not going to go over well. Which bonehead beard is claiming responsibility for this goof?

This is purely a marketing move on Carnival's part; good business move as it will expose the brand to millions of Texans. Texas is a booming cruising source market.

With that said: GO PATRIOTS!!!!

bI3efFhbcOC1gePIxLwDM1jNjwkewEEqleoSUcTnEGiyAk6k4w9XEQnkho5sdDoX.jpg

And I thought I respected your opinion....go figure.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This is not going to go over well. Which bonehead beard is claiming responsibility for this goof?

Maybe the same one that sent a brand new ship to Texas. I bet you said the same thing back then.

LOL, I would love to see people get in fights onboard about people carrying items with CCL/Cowboys logos on them and that kind of thing. Probably going to be some vandalism of stuff with Cowboys logos on it also onboard too. Hope Carnival thought of that beforehand.

My guess is that it's the other way around, there will be Carnival logo stuff at the ball park.

With Carnival cruising out of Galveston I would think they would link with the Texans :rolleyes:

But when was the last time the Cowboys won a playoff game:eek:.

Go NINERS

San-Francisco-49ERS-Super-Bowl-HD-Wallpaper.jpg.8e5775637a4a9914c7d3ddca2d70f202.jpg

Why does this need to go over well? It's just a partnership. Carnival did the exact same thing with the New Orleans Saints last Oct. Was that a goof also?

According to Forbes, the average value of a NFL team is 1.7 billion....The Cowboys are valued at 2.3 billion. Fan or Foe.....Lover or Hater, it is purely a marketing move.....on yea....Go Cowboys :)

Carnival is really gung-ho for Texas these days - the addition if those long S American cruises out of Galveston, now this Cowboys thing.

Geez

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Cruise Critic App

Very successful union. They have been nothing but overjoyed with their ships sailings from Galveston. That is why they put a brand new ship there in the Magic and have added a third ship in the newly renovated Freedom.

Cowboys were branded Americas team a long time ago. Nothing's changed. They are the most valuable nfl franchise with the biggest national and worldwide following. And if some if you are ignorant enough to NOT book a cruise with carnival because they have signed a partnership with a team different than the one you like well have at it. To me that's just plain ignorance.

Carnival Pride 7 day Mexican Riviera: September 2008

Carnival Inspiration 4 day Mexican Riviera: September 2013

Carnival Miracle 15 day Hawaii: coming October 2015

With Carnival cruising out of Galveston I would think they would link with the Texans :rolleyes:

But when was the last time the Cowboys won a playoff game:eek:.

Go NINERS

Minus the last three years the niners haven't been relevant at all since the mid 90's. And then they go and lose in the Super Bowl in 2013. I wouldn't be bragging a whole lot.

Carnival Pride 7 day Mexican Riviera: September 2008

Carnival Inspiration 4 day Mexican Riviera: September 2013

Carnival Miracle 15 day Hawaii: coming October 2015

Carnival is really gung-ho for Texas these days - the addition if those long S American cruises out of Galveston, now this Cowboys thing.

Geez

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Cruise Critic App

Maybe Carnival is looking at moving their Headquarters to Texas :eek:

Minus the last three years the niners haven't been relevant at all since the mid 90's. And then they go and lose in the Super Bowl in 2013. I wouldn't be bragging a whole lot.

Aw you must be a Coboy fan. :p

I wasn't bragging just stating facts

And I wil add more

It was 2003 since we were irrelevant:o Ask the NYG about 2002

Neither team has won the big game since the mid 90's

And the Coboys are 5-03 in Superbowls we are only 5-1

I only care about Alabama and Auburn. If Carnival painted their funnels crimson with a big white A on it, I never say another bad word about them. Roll Tide!!

Alabama huh? Well that explains a lot. Can't believe I didn't figure this one out on my own.