Carnival signs partnership with Cowboys

jimbo5544

Carnival must have a VP somewhere charged with created marketing gimmicks that nobody gives a rip about. Just how the heck is a football team supposed to convince me to take a cruise??? Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you are joking. It's a partnership. Does Dallas football make you want to go out and get AT&T or do business with Bank of America or get insured with Nationwide? I can go on and on. It's just a corporate partnership and all about $$$.

Carnival has inked a multi-year partnership with the Dallas Cowboys. Their will be branding in the stadium as well as other items. America's team and and America's cruise line.

Hunh?

I don't understand I guess.

I also don't care I guess.

I'm originally from South Jersey and I'm an Eagles (pronounced Iggles:p) fan. My three sons are Giants fans (yes, it gets interesting in our home). Then there's DH the long-suffering Cleveland Browns fan, but we won't go there.;) From a marketing perspective I think partnering with the Cowboys is a good move and I wouldn't hold it against them at all. (Hey, no one sails from Philly.) We sailed out of Galveston four years ago and liked it. Now that they've announced a return to cruises to Costa Rica and Panama from Galveston, we'd consider another Texas cruise. But no, I won't be purchasing any Cowboys souvenirs. :p

I too grew up an igglez fan but I realized the err of my ways a good 5 years or so ago. Truth be told I am really not too much into the nfl anymore but I kinda quietly hope the cowboys do well because I know how much it drives igglez fans crazy and tends to ruin their entire week after a loss. I admire the jintz for what they have accomplished over the years and I would maybe even root for the igglez again if they had the jintz ownership and management. I abhor the igglez management and ownership and the way they run their franchise and treat their fans and players. But people have to see this cowboys thing as a national sponsorship campaign and not just a local Texas thing. It all makes sense. I have to fly (or drive if its out of bwi or nyc) to cruise but a lot of irrational igglez fans will book away from carnival just because of the cowboys thing. It's stupid but it's how they are.

I hope you are joking. It's a partnership. Does Dallas football make you want to go out and get AT&T or do business with Bank of America or get insured with Nationwide? I can go on and on. It's just a corporate partnership and all about $$$.

Some people will. People see that a business is the official whatever of their favorite sports team so it must be superior to the other similar products, right? It's bs but a lot of over emotional sports fans fall for this trick. They are irrationally loyal to their franchise and see supporting anything associated with it to make them better fans. I studied this concept extensively in school and see it in practice in everyday life. People are easily manipulated.

You know what E-A-G-L-E-S spells, right? LOSERS. Since the last time the iggles won a championship, all 3 other major sports teams in Philadelphia have won 2.

Not to mention, all the other teams in their division have also won at least 1 Super Bowl.

This combination of factoids drives igglez fans up the wall because they simply cannot offer a retort. Uh well it was like 20 years since the cowboys won but they still have a handful of rings and the giants have been very successful lately. Washington even has multiple titles LOL. But omgz, the eagles have been to like 2 superbowls and lost both times. Hahaha. Since 1960 no less. But whatever. I just hope carnival doesnt lose customers because of this gimmick in trying to gain them in cowboys nation.

Good luck wit dat! Romo will choke again as usual and let's see if Sean Lee can stay on the field this year.

Wait that's a good thing for us Eagles fans.

How bout dem Cowboys!:D

Bill

LOL. Romo is a career choker but foles hasn't even played a full season yet and they are treated him like the savior. Typical desperation and overhype by the pathetic eagles talent destruction department and pr machine. I bet foles doesn't last the year and that the cowboys will reign supreme on thanksgiving if the game still even means anything by that point. :D

Romo is a career choker cowboys will reign supreme on thanksgiving if the game still even means anything by that point. :D

He only knows how to win during the regular season

Wasn't it a few years back he went to Cabo with Jessica Simpson instead of getting ready for the playoffs

Edited by jonbgd

Carnival has inked a multi-year partnership with the Dallas Cowboys. Their will be branding in the stadium as well as other items. America's team and and America's cruise line.

Annual Oxnard Training Camp...just started yesterday...(sigh)...so now every time I drive by, I can be reminded that I'm NOT on a cruise...sad....LOL! :rolleyes:

Damn, thanks to Windawn I just realized I will be in Grand Turk on Thanksgiving day when the Cowboys play the Eagles. Family will not let me change cruise dates!!

I'm sure the game will be on the big screen ,on the lido deck

Now I'm afraid to book a Carnival cruise late in the year. What if their ships sink like the Cowboys in December?

bud-ah-bing

Lol. You should be good. As long as Jerry Jones stays away from Carnival, she'll stay afloat.

Another example of wet-behind-the-ears Yale MBA's having NO CLUE as to the likes and dislikes of 250+ million Americans. Clearly, they have never sat inside a stadium (or tavern or bar) and seen the power of American football to unite, divide and polarize Americans. This will end as an epic advertising fail.

all within a month carnival has gone to my favorite cruiseline to one i dispise omg i dont really believe it go figure.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Let me guess, smoker? Can't stay away from the Carnival boards huh?

Another example of wet-behind-the-ears Yale MBA's having NO CLUE as to the likes and dislikes of 250+ million Americans. Clearly, they have never sat inside a stadium (or tavern or bar) and seen the power of American football to unite, divide and polarize Americans. This will end as an epic advertising fail.

Clearly it's YOU who hasn't been inside an NFL stadium or attended an event live at any professional sport arena. Virtually every professional team in every major league sport has "official team sponsorships." And I am not talking about the FOX or CBS broadcast sponsorships of the nationally televised game.

In the case of this marketing partnership, The Dallas Cowboys have named Carnival as the Official Cruise Lines of the Cowboys. Not the other way around. Carnival did not name the Dallas Cowboys as the Official NFL team of Carnival Carnival Cruise Lines.

... the Dallas Cowboys are entering a marketing agreement that will expand the ship operator's brand at the team's stadium and other properties. The largest cruise operator in Texas said Thursday the multi-year deal will include giveaways for fans on game days and sponsorship of the team's training camp show on a regional sports cable network.

Miami-based Carnival will send golf carts around the stadium parking lots on game days offering prizes that will include cruise vacation giveaways. The cruise line also will have a presence in Cowboys media (Gameday Magazine / Digital changeable stadium signage) and online properties.

So unless you are physically at AT&T stadium for a Cowboy's home game, or attend a practice camp event, or log on to Dallascowboys.com or tune in to the regional Cowboys update cable TV show, this exposure has nothing to do with you, and will not be seen by you nor anyone or any of the 250+ million fans watching a game from home or at a sports bar (tavern).

Edited by AdGuyMG

Clearly it's YOU who hasn't been inside an NFL stadium or attended an event live at any professional sport arena.

Unless you are physically at AT&T stadium for a Cowboy's home game, or attend a practice camp event, or log on to Dallascowboys.com or tune in to the regional Cowboys update cable TV show, this exposure has nothing to do with you, and will not be seen by you nor anyone or any of the 250+ million fans watching a game from home or at a sports bar (tavern).

Very well said. I think some people here will never get it.

So unless you are physically at AT&T stadium for a Cowboy's home game, or attend a practice camp event, or log on to Dallascowboys.com or tune in to the regional Cowboys update cable TV show, this exposure has nothing to do with you, and will not be seen by you nor anyone or any of the 250+ million fans watching a game from home or at a sports bar (tavern).

Very well said. I think some people here will never get it.

I agree. It's marketing people, this is how it works! If Carnival wants to sell more cruises in Texas, then they are their target market. It's a win, win situation for both of them.

They won't be selling it to me;).

Probably not. In setting up this marketing partnership, I highly doubt Carnival was depending on people from Vermont to fly to Dallas and buy a Cowboys gameday ticket for the opportunity to purchase a Funship Freddie Doll or Tervis Tumbler from a kiosk inside AT&T Stadium.

Edited by AdGuyMG

As a Giants fan who is currently sitting in the airport after taking yet another Carnival cruise...this makes me nauseous. Horrifying and senseless partnership.

Carnival loves giving me reasons to stay away. Their Miami Heat affiliation was bad enough.

Edited by TheTravelista

Probably not. In setting up this marketing partnership, I highly doubt Carnival was depending on people from Vermont to fly to Dallas and buy a Cowboys gameday ticket for the opportunity to purchase a Funship Freddie Doll or Tervis Tumbler from a kiosk inside AT&T Stadium.

That, and I won't be buying any Dallas Cowboy/CCL branded merchandise on the ship either:).

As a Giants fan who is currently sitting in the airport after taking yet another Carnival cruise...this makes me nauseous. Horrifying and senseless partnership.

Carnival sails more ships out of Texas than they do from NY. Horrifying and senseless? Not by a long shot.

Carnival loves giving me reasons to stay away. Their Miami Heat affiliation was bad enough.

LOL:p:D

You guys continue to miss the point. I'd rather step on a dog turd than watch the Cowboys play. It's JUST a partnership that will be visible in Dallas. There will be no evidence of this on Carnival ships. Carnival started the same thing with the Saints last year.