Carnival signs partnership with Cowboys

jimbo5544

Yes! Yes! Yes! Carnival + Patriots = Great partnership!:D

The Patriots partnered with Celebrity Cruises at least a year ago. I believe they have an annual alumni cruise and do some promotional stuff together.

Edit: My bad, it was this past January. Football seemed so long ago. Thank God training camp started. :D

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2014/01/20/new-england-patriots-cruise/4656347/

Edited by Big_G

From the way I look at it; you are blaming Carnival when you should be blaming the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission.

:confused:

I think if you actually read my post the last thing you would see is me blaming Carnival for something that is out of their control. Could CCL possibly lobby Texas ABC harder? Of course. Is Carnival to blame for archaic alcohol regulations in Texas? Not at all.

Edited by RD3P0

The alcohol rules here are definitely archaic, but I don't think it's having as big of an impact as you might imagine or I doubt they would be moving a third ship here.

I had initially misunderstood the regulations. I thought there were no alcohol sales at all the first day. I now see that was an incorrect thought. I understand individual sales can happen one the ship hits a certain point off the coast, but bottles purchased are not delivered and Cheers! transactions still not until Day 2?

Well, I'm not sure if it was the smartest move or not -- I'm a COWBOYS fan, and will always be one!!! Through thick or thin, I'll watch them and cheer...

But most any advertising campaign will polarize some group and alienate another. They look for their target market, and aim for it.

Will this keep the fans "against" the Cowboys away??? That would be bad for Carnival -- but I have a feeling it won't be great enough to affect business.

SO... I'll keep cruising and smile when I see the Cowboys mentioned or their logo and Carnival's linked. And I hope we do see more of their football on the ship's screens -- and if they have a better than 8-8 season, I'll be thrilled and credit it to Carnival!!! ;)

Saw yesterdays post today, just like the Cowboys, old news. America's team has no real meaning today. Cheerleaders still are hot, Cowboys are not. Really think that Jerry has alienated a lot of fans and owners with his arrogance and lousy choice of coaches.

Partnership with the Cowboys? This would be the first valid reason that I have read over the years to stop sailing with Carnival. E-A-G-L-E-S

You know what E-A-G-L-E-S spells, right? LOSERS. Since the last time the iggles won a championship, all 3 other major sports teams in Philadelphia have won 2.

Not to mention, all the other teams in their division have also won at least 1 Super Bowl.

So I take it you're not a Patriots fan?;););)

Well, I guess the political way to answer it is we love to play them in a super bowl. Sister in law is a HUGE pays fan who would not even watch the 1st one with me. First family get together afterwards i said to her Sue (that's her name;)) You know what my two most favorite number are now? She replies no what are they? I say 18 and 1. Can't repeat what her response was to that.:eek:

Edited by jimbo5544

Well, I'm not sure if it was the smartest move or not -- I'm a COWBOYS fan, and will always be one!!! Through thick or thin, I'll watch them and cheer...

But most any advertising campaign will polarize some group and alienate another. They look for their target market, and aim for it.

Will this keep the fans "against" the Cowboys away??? That would be bad for Carnival -- but I have a feeling it won't be great enough to affect business.

SO... I'll keep cruising and smile when I see the Cowboys mentioned or their logo and Carnival's linked. And I hope we do see more of their football on the ship's screens -- and if they have a better than 8-8 season, I'll be thrilled and credit it to Carnival!!! ;)

Good luck wit dat! Romo will choke again as usual and let's see if Sean Lee can stay on the field this year.

Wait that's a good thing for us Eagles fans.

How bout dem Cowboys!:D

Bill

Good luck wit dat! Romo will choke again as usual and let's see if Sean Lee can stay on the field this year.

Wait that's a good thing for us Eagles fans.

How bout dem Cowboys!:D

Bill

But his self destruct function is so much fun to watch......does that make me a bad person?:o

Carnival has inked a multi-year partnership with the Dallas Cowboys. Their will be branding in the stadium as well as other items. America's team and and America's cruise line.

I can't wait for football season to start. Will have to watch for any mention of Carnival. Thanks for sharing the info. The article I read also states that Carnival will be out driving in carts giving away freebies on game day.

Why would the Dallas Cowboys naming Carnival as their official cruise line alienate fans of other teams? The Patriots, Broncos, Packers, Raiders, Dolphins and whoever else can do the same thing.

It's not like Ford alienated their customer base by being named as the official truck of the Dallas Cowboys. It's a marketing deal for anything cruise related regarding the Dallas Cowboys. American Airlines, Miller Lite, Domino's Pizza, Pepsi, etc have all done the same thing.

Jerry Jones is a wheeler and a dealer. He makes money from every angle you can imagine.

Carnival has inked a multi-year partnership with the Dallas Cowboys. Their will be branding in the stadium as well as other items. America's team and and America's cruise line.

Good place to advertise their product - Even if it is the Cowboys :mad:

Carnival must have a VP somewhere charged with created marketing gimmicks that nobody gives a rip about. Just how the heck is a football team supposed to convince me to take a cruise??? Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk