Carnival signs partnership with Cowboys

jimbo5544

It was just a matter of time before cruise lines entered into partnerships with sport teams. Airlines have been doing it for years. Now you have NCL as the official cruise line of the Miami Dolphins and Sun Life Stadium, and now CCL has pretty much done the same thing with the Cowboys.

I'm a Texas girl but not a football fan; I am more of a Dallas Cowboy's cheerleader's fan as I thought I would grow up and try out one day...a girl can dream right? :rolleyes: Either way, this announcement doesn't excite or upset me, I really could care less. Now Carnival partnering with the Spurs....that would be fun. Love wearing my 5 rings championship shirt around Dallas. :D

Not weird at all. Texas and Carnival have been a good match. With the addition of the Freedom, Carnival will have 600,000 cruisers next year, by far the largest cruiseline and they are pleased as punch with sailing from Galveston. There are over 8 million Texan's within a 3 hour drive (or so) of the port.

What he said! Not to mention the bordering states that can also drive 5-8 hours to the port and cruise. We just need new itineraries!!;)

Edited by cynt

I agree; actually I think they are the most disliked. Only the media has made them

Disliked and successful are two separate things. They are by FAR the most successful and profitable NFL football franchise. This coming from a Giant fan.:confused: My guess in Texas, these two things equal the same thing.

Edited by jimbo5544

There is a potential for a lot of business out of the South Texas coast. I live in Dallas and the one hour flight with 2 bags fly free on Southwest is very appealing. Economically speaking, Texas did not feel the crunch a lot of other parts of the country has. So, I can understand the business decision. But when I think "America's Team" I think of Tom Landry, Don Meredith, Roger Staubach, Drew Pearson, Troy Aikman and Emmett Smith... It has sad that the team has not flourished.

I would love to see some longer cruises out of Houston/Galveston. Y'all come on down. We are a friendly bunch.

We all love our own teams.

Weird CCL chose to increase marketing in Texas of all places. With their already 1800's alcohol regulations and the impact on the cruise ship and guests, I would be pulling my ships out of Texas, not marketing more.

Galveston is a hugely profitable port for Carnival and Dallas is one of the top markets in the country.

Their alcohol regulations only affect the ships at the pier on embarkation day. Not the entire duration of a cruise.

This is a good move.

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/carnival-becomes-official-cruise-line-of-the-dallas-cowboys.html?nspPage=1

As a Redskins fan, I am far from pleased.

Especially since there's no cruise port anywhere near Dallas. The Miami Dolphins or New Orleans Saints would have made far more sense.

Oops. Just saw that NCL had the Dolphins. But I stick by the Saints!

Edited by greenmind0428

Weird CCL chose to increase marketing in Texas of all places. With their already 1800's alcohol regulations and the impact on the cruise ship and guests, I would be pulling my ships out of Texas, not marketing more.

From the way I look at it; you are blaming Carnival when you should be blaming the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission.

The alcohol rules here are definitely archaic, but I don't think it's having as big of an impact as you might imagine or I doubt they would be moving a third ship here.

I guess they can team up with whomever they choose but what does cruising have to do with football? One doesn't have anything to do with the other.

Technically you are correct. As with most things in life, it is all about advertising and money.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Carnival has inked a multi-year partnership with the Dallas Cowboys. Their will be branding in the stadium as well as other items. America's team and and America's cruise line.

Where is the like button !! Great combo !:D

Been a while since a team from California has won a superbowl has it not?:cool:

With the exception of the other joke team of the NFL in Oakland, I would that SF or San Diego start to take Dallas 8 out of 10 games. Dallas hasn't been America's team in years. That saying

needs to die.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Partnership with the Cowboys? This would be the first valid reason that I have read over the years to stop sailing with Carnival. E-A-G-L-E-S

I was just thinking to myself, that partnering with the Cowboys will turn off a lot of Redskins and pigeons fans from booking CCL. I say, good on CCL. I hate the eagles, and anything that gets under their skin is good for me. :D Not that I am a Cowboys fan but I surely don't hate them. As a matter of fact, the whole NFL is nothing but a bunch of mercenaries who move from city to city every few years with no loyalty to any of them but that's neither here nor there LOL. However only eagles fans would hold it against CCL that they booked with a much more successful and popular franchise in a potentially very lucrative market.

I guess they are trying to get Cowboys fans from everywhere to get more exposure to the carnival brand, not just people in Texas. Partnering with a team like that will give your brand national and worldwide attention that they might not get as easily elsewhere. People who follow Cowboys games everywhere see those ads, whether they are in Plano or Pennsylvania. They know what they are doing, let's not doubt them on that.