WS Question

ssawjo

Hello, my DW and I are doing a B2B2B on the Golden for some coastal cruises starting in Vancouver to LA. We booked the window suite, F307, cat. S7, for the three cruises. My question is does booking a window suite, as opposed to a "regular" suite, count as two cruise credits? I called Princess and the rep said that it does. But you guys are the experts and I would like to hear it from you. Also, any comments about window suites and the location in general would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Bill and Kathi

Love, love the WS & yes it counts as two cruise credits. We have been in a WS four times now - the location is perfect, room is perfect for longer cruises.

That is exactly what I wanted to read! Thank you.

Bill

The WS has more storage than a regular suite plus a double sink in the bathroom. Tons of space. I also love the location. It's really close to so many things including a morning cup of coffee at International Cafe. We have our second one booked for next spring. I think they're a great deal.

If you have not been in a suite before you will enjoy all the perks. we love the breakfast at Sabatinis. Did you book all the legs as 1 cruise or are they booked seperately?

They are all booked separately because I wanted to up my cruise credits. Having a suite doubles that. We were going to do 3 back to back cruises on the Crown in February but now we will not have to. A bit more expensive up front but we will save time and money in the long run.

I am aware of the suite benefits because we had one on the Star last year from Valpo to LA. It was great. Especially the free laundry because we were on a ten day trip to Machu Picchu and Chile. The minibar was nice too.

Looking forward to these cruises. More relaxation than anything else. Thank you for your replies.

Bill

We each booked this cruise as a single to receive 2 cruise credits each. Where in the Personalizer would it show the number of cruise credits? I've looked but cannot find. Thanks.

We each booked this cruise as a single to receive 2 cruise credits each. Where in the Personalizer would it show the number of cruise credits? I've looked but cannot find. Thanks.

Are you booked in a suite as a solo? You will earn 3 credits each, if this is what you did. Generally, you will not see your credits (under Captain Circle) until you have completed the cruise. You can check now to see the list of past cruises.

On the left in the "My Princess" section the top item states "You have sailed 24 times" etc click on that and each cruise will be listed along with the credits for each.

Mike:)

I was wondering if doing 3-4 day cruises in a suite entitles one to the specialty dining on embarkation day? The reason I ask is that I was reviewing the suite perks and in the small print, it says that this particular perk is only available on cruises 6 days or more. Does anyone know what the current policy is?

Thank you, Bill

It was mistakenly provided on the short California cruises but was unavailable on others. No one has reported lately on the CA cruises.

We did not get it on the (5 day) Ruby in February in Fort Lauderdale.

It was mistakenly provided on the short California cruises but was unavailable on others. No one has reported lately on the CA cruises.

We did not get it on the (5 day) Ruby in February in Fort Lauderdale.

Well, that is upsetting. I was looking forward to it. Once onboard I will see what transpires. Thanks.

I was wondering if doing 3-4 day cruises in a suite entitles one to the specialty dining on embarkation day? The reason I ask is that I was reviewing the suite perks and in the small print, it says that this particular perk is only available on cruises 6 days or more. Does anyone know what the current policy is?

Thank you, Bill

Wish I knew the current policy too, because we are sailing in September on the Golden in a WS on a 4 day including Santa Barbara. Last year, we received the free Specialty dinner on the West Coast, but it was not offered for those sailing on the East Coast. The stated policy at the time was 6 days or more. Maybe, we got lucky.

We got 2 credits in the WS and after this cruise we will have Elite status.

Edited by candide333

Currently, there are no short California Coastals until everyone returns from the Alaskan season. Every 3 day cruise I took last year (5 or 6) had them for the suites. I will understand if they change it his year but will be disappointing. There's so much to eat anyway.

Planning on anytime dining and maybe having room service more often. Anyone, please report back when you go on your cruise.

A couple booked a suite on two one day repo cruises between Vancouver and Seattle a couple of years ago. On the first cruise they got the free diner and on the second cruise on a different ship two days later they didn't. That is one thing that is consistent on Princess, "Inconsistency" ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

A couple booked a suite on two one day repo cruises between Vancouver and Seattle a couple of years ago. On the first cruise they got the free diner and on the second cruise on a different ship two days later they didn't. That is one thing that is consistent on Princess, "Inconsistency" ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We are sailing on the Golden in September in a WS, how will we know if we get this or not? I read that it was supposed to be on 6 days or more, so not planning on it, but how will I know? We are doing a 3 and a 4 day, hey that equals 7! Just kidding, I'll be on a cruise ship!!

If I remember correctly, there will be a letter in your suite when you board letting you know that a dinner at one of the specialty restaurants is available free of charge for the first night only.

If you don't get the letter, I would assume it's not available on cruises less than 6 nights. It never hurts to double check though.

We are sailing on the Golden in September in a WS, how will we know if we get this or not? I read that it was supposed to be on 6 days or more, so not planning on it, but how will I know? We are doing a 3 and a 4 day, hey that equals 7! Just kidding, I'll be on a cruise ship!!

If you booked these as a single 7-day cruise (only one booking number) and you do not get a notice about the dinner, I would speak with the Captain's Circle rep since you did book a 7 day cruise.

However, if booked as two separate cruises, I would not expect it.