New price drop

Today I did a mock booking to see the price of a family cruise during the new BOGOHO sale.

The sale price is higher than a couple of days ago and shows there are some cabins not available . Really, ALL the interior promenade cabins are gone. This is for an August sailing for next year. Should I wait a few more days to see if more cabins become available. I tried booking 3 different configurations. I tried for 2 in a balcony stateroom, 3 in an interior stateroom, and 4 in an interior stateroom, because 3 different families. I can't believe these prices are higher before the sale. I was so looking forward to finally booking a Southern Caribbean cruise that was affordable for everyone in my family. Also, if you could pick one port to explore would it be Aruba or Barbados. Looking at a couple different options for ports to stop at. Since this date is not for another year, should I just wait to book at a later date. What would you do?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well, you gotta hand it to them. Obviously RCI has a lot of people fooled. I don't know about you guys but when someone posts a sale, I expect the price to be lower than it was before the sale. We've been looking at a few cruises with RCI looking to book something in Nov 2015. Yesterday the Indy Nov 1 sailing was a little less than $1700 for 3 people. Today with the bogo its more expensive than it was yesterday. Same thing for a couple other cruises we were looking at.

I don't know how things work in the states but in Canada two of our large retailers were fined millions for doing exactly this. Posting big sales then jacking up prices. They're trying to fool people into thinking they're getting a great deal when they're actually getting screwed. Are there no bait and switch laws in the US?

I find it insulting and RCI is doing absolutely nothing to endear itself to me.

Looks like the sale is for selected sailings.

If I go through the sale shopping, the sailing you are asking for and the ones we have at the end of November on the Liberty are not on the list.

So not all cruises are on sale, it appears. bummer.

(just like when there's a BOGO gallon of milk, that does not mean I'll get that for orange juice)

Well, you gotta hand it to them. Obviously RCI has a lot of people fooled. I don't know about you guys but when someone posts a sale, I expect the price to be lower than it was before the sale. We've been looking at a few cruises with RCI looking to book something in Nov 2015. Yesterday the Indy Nov 1 sailing was a little less than $1700 for 3 people. Today with the bogo its more expensive than it was yesterday. Same thing for a couple other cruises we were looking at.

I don't know how things work in the states but in Canada two of our large retailers were fined millions for doing exactly this. Posting big sales then jacking up prices. They're trying to fool people into thinking they're getting a great deal when they're actually getting screwed. Are there no bait and switch laws in the US?

I find it insulting and RCI is doing absolutely nothing to endear itself to me.

Quite a few threads already about this topic. Here's one that's been pretty active...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2079837

I booked two cabins for June 2015 under the first BOGO sale.

Today I priced our (D1 & Inside) under this "new" sale and it would cost us nearly $2300 MORE if we booked now.......:eek:......!!!

WOW......thank goodness I booked when I did because I couldn't afford this "sale".......:o

Edited by GTO-Girl

Looks like the sale is for selected sailings.

If I go through the sale shopping, the sailing you are asking for and the ones we have at the end of November on the Liberty are not on the list.

So not all cruises are on sale, it appears. bummer.

(just like when there's a BOGO gallon of milk, that does not mean I'll get that for orange juice)

Even the ones that are on the list aren't necessarily on sale. I'm looking at an Indy cruise for August 2015. Today with the BOHGO it is about $100 more for 2 of us in a balcony than it was last night.

Under the first BOGO, I had booked two cabins on the Liberty for August 2015; one was a JS for myself; the other a K interior for my son, his wife and two children. The new sale didn't affect my cabin price, but I was able to save $340. on the interior cabin when I called in this morning. Every little bit helps.

My Grandeur sailings in January are still going for more than what I paid for them under the first BOGO, so no savings there either.

I booked two cabins for June 2015 under the first BOGO sale.

Today I priced our (D1 & Inside) under this "new" sale and it would cost us nearly $2300 MORE if we booked now.......:eek:......!!!

WOW......thank goodness I booked when I did because I couldn't afford this "sale".......:o

Absolutely amazing. RCCL has this sale thing done pat. :confused:

So now I see some interior rooms available on the sale date I want but still the pricing is higher than a few days ago. And this is what they call a sale. Really disappointed with them to advertise a sale and it is priced higher than before the sale went into affect.

So now I see some interior rooms available on the sale date I want but still the pricing is higher than a few days ago. And this is what they call a sale. Really disappointed with them to advertise a sale and it is priced higher than before the sale went into affect.

Usually their versions of a sale isn't mine...and you're correct prices tend to rise before hand.

Really, ALL the interior promenade cabins are gone. This is for an August sailing for next year. Should I wait a few more days to see if more cabins become available. I tried booking 3 different configurations. I tried for 2 in a balcony stateroom, 3 in an interior stateroom, and 4 in an interior stateroom, because 3 different families.

Booking 3 and 4 in a promenade stateroom would show no availability as they are double occupancy.

Edited by marci22

Today I did a mock booking to see the price of a family cruise during the new BOGOHO sale.

The sale price is higher than a couple of days ago and shows there are some cabins not available . Really, ALL the interior promenade cabins are gone. This is for an August sailing for next year. Should I wait a few more days to see if more cabins become available. I tried booking 3 different configurations. I tried for 2 in a balcony stateroom, 3 in an interior stateroom, and 4 in an interior stateroom, because 3 different families. I can't believe these prices are higher before the sale. I was so looking forward to finally booking a Southern Caribbean cruise that was affordable for everyone in my family. Also, if you could pick one port to explore would it be Aruba or Barbados. Looking at a couple different options for ports to stop at. Since this date is not for another year, should I just wait to book at a later date. What would you do?

Some really good points posted :-)

This is exactly why RCCL can't offer these 'sales' in the UK as there are laws about consumers being screwed and prices being jacked up.