Relative Lunch on Embarkment??? Does it still exist?

West Coast Gal

Several years ago Princess offered a luncheon for $30 in which you could bring your noncruising relatives on board for lunch in the MDR and touring the ship . . . anyone know if they still offer this deal, we are on Princess Aug 31st and would love to bring the adult kids on board for lunch.

It's the Bon Voyage Experience, is now $39 pp, and is only offered on select cruises. Not only do participants not have to be relatives, they don't even have to know anyone on the sailing. Regardless of whom you booked your cruise through, the BVE is booked directly through Princess. This has to be arranged for a number of days before the sailing. Since your cruise is in 10 days, call them ASAP.

Edited by shepp

Call your TA or Princess directly to find out if it's being offered for your cruise and if so, whether there are any places left. Not all US embarkation ports offer it nor is it offered on all ships at the port.

Not to argue, but I just this week checked with my Princess-experienced TA, who called Princess to double-check. Has to be booked through 1-800-PRINCESS, not the TA. And yes, a limited number of places.

we are on Princess Aug 31st and would love to bring the adult kids on board for lunch.

This has to be arranged for a number of days before the sailing. Since your cruise is in 10 days, call them ASAP.

Time is not that critical as the OP's cruise is not for 24 days.

Relatives will have to enter their passport and credit card info into the Personalizer after you/they make the reservation. Even though they are not sailing, Princess and the feds need this info to make sure they are a) not terrorists and b) can pay for any extras that they purchase on board, i.e. booze.

The BVE includes: tour, lunch in the dining room with wine, any other food they want to grab, and boarding photo. They also will get a FCC of $39 to be used toward a future cruise within a specified period of time. (6 months?).

The BVE guests board FIRST and you get to tag along!!:D

Do a search here for some of the reviews that have been done, so you will know where to go and what time to arrive.

Never done the BVE...does anyone know if kids under 5 are charged the $39 also and do they need a passport or birth certificate?? They would come with their parents....might be a fun excursion for them... But they don't eat $1 worth so not sure if I wanna broach the subject. No mention of kids on the BVE online info I found.

Thanks

I don't think this has been mentioned, but a BVE needs to be booked in advance of the actual date, 7 days I believe. I just call Princess and specifically ask for a Bon Voyage Experience person. It is separate from regular cruise sales. Just be aware it can not be done as a late thought.

Not to argue, but I just this week checked with my Princess-experienced TA, who called Princess to double-check. Has to be booked through 1-800-PRINCESS, not the TA. And yes, a limited number of places.
My TA does book BVEs and doesn't need to check with Princess whether they can or not. However, it's a PITA for them since they don't get any commission. That's why some TAs will say they can't book a BVE.

Never done the BVE...does anyone know if kids under 5 are charged the $39 also and do they need a passport or birth certificate?? They would come with their parents....might be a fun excursion for them... But they don't eat $1 worth so not sure if I wanna broach the subject. No mention of kids on the BVE online info I found.
It's $39/pp regardless of age. You're not paying for just the dining room luncheon as you can go anywhere to eat, whether it's the buffet, grill, pizza, Alfredo's, etc. You also get professional photos and are able to hang out anywhere on the ship. I've even hung out in the Sanctuary (with permission.) Anyone on the BVE can also purchase an FCC for a future cruise.

As for ID, when you book a BVE, it's an actual Princess booking with a booking #. You sign into your Captain's Circle Account and print out your boarding pass. Since it's done in conjunction with the TSA, whatever ID a child uses for a flight is what would be needed to do the BVE.

Thanks

I believe a body onboard is a body onboard, I think they would charge for a person regardless of age.

Just as the auto tip its charged for any passenger kids included.