El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Diamond Princess 8 nights around Japan, leaving 26th July.

Inside 497 outside 85 more.

cruise 500 each, flights 725 each, rail pass 300 each and extra 10 nights in japan 500 each. plus a bit of spending money.

great way to celebrate turning 60.

Great special!

Yes. Did that same cruise on Aurora in 2004 . Its a segment of the World Cruise. Great cruise on a great and now classic ship.:):)

We have done the same segment twice on the Oriana which is sister ship and identical to Aurora. As David says, a classic ship and a great cruise. If you're thinking about it just "Do it" you won't be sorry!

I was just doing some browsing of various cruises and I noticed this fall in the category of less that $100 per person per day. RCL cruises these are there are a few more.

Ship Name: Voyager Of The Seas Cruise Code: VY18OCT16 Departure Date: Tuesday, 18 October 2016 Cruise Name: Singapore to Sydney Nights: 14 Departing: Singapore

Inside from $1097 pp, Oceanview $1390 pp

Ship Name: Legend Of The Seas Cruise Code: LG20NOV15 Departure Date: Friday, 20 November 2015 Cruise Name: Hong Kong to Brisbane Nights: 18 Departing: Hong Kong - China

Inside from $1765 per person

Ship Name: Legend Of The Seas Cruise Code: LG27SEP15 Departure Date: Sunday, 27 September 2015 Cruise Name: Fremantle to Singapore Nights: 14 Departing: Fremantle (Perth)

Inside from $919 pp, Oceanview $1275 pp

Ship Name: Legend Of The Seas Cruise Code: LG13SEP15 Departure Date: Sunday, 13 September 2015 Cruise Name: Singapore to Fremantle Nights: 14 Departing: Singapore

From $924 pp, Oceanview $1212 pp

Ship Name: Voyager Of The Seas Cruise Code: VY22OCT15 Departure Date: Thursday, 22 October 2015 Cruise Name: Singapore to Sydney Nights: 14 Departing: Singapore

From Inside $1055 pp, Oceanview $1237 pp

Ship Name: Explorer Of The Seas Cruise Code: EX13NOV15 Departure Date: Friday, 13 November 2015 Cruise Name: Fremantle to Sydney Nights: 16 Departing: Fremantle (Perth)

Inside From $1248 pp

I know, its very tempting. I causes me to constantly change my mind with my travel plans. Booking this, unbooking that because I find a better deal somewhere else.

When we booked our Explorer of the Seas trip - I was worried I had booked too early and was told by the TA that if we tried to rebook the same trip at a later date they wouldnt honor the sale price - is that everyone elses experience as well? Not that I'm too worried, I am happy with the cost and am looking forward to the cruise anyway!

Just found on Cunard site Med. 14n cruises QV 27June, 3rd July, 18 July, 25th July. Prices are from and include taxes, port charges.

Inside $A979, outside $A1099 Balcony $A1269, Princess Grill $A2008, Queens Grill $A2429

Never seen such value but how to get there? Flights are insane expensive.

They must be trying hard to fill that cruise. Just had a newsletter come through about it. As you say the prices are amazing value .....

only problem....

you have to get to Trieste and then fly home from Istanbul. The flights would be prohibitive, especially at such short notice.

Last minute deals are perfect for ex Flight staff who can get get free or heavily discounted stand by fares.

When we booked our Explorer of the Seas trip - I was worried I had booked too early and was told by the TA that if we tried to rebook the same trip at a later date they wouldnt honor the sale price - is that everyone elses experience as well? Not that I'm too worried, I am happy with the cost and am looking forward to the cruise anyway!

Well you get the price at the time you book. So if you book a couple months down the track and the price is more than it was when you first saw the cruise then that is a "snooze you lose" type of thing.

If the cruise is cheaper a couple of months down the track you can try and refare it, however, it depends on the agent and the booking conditions at the time.

Celebrity have a Fly Free Promotion on selected cruises at the moment ...

Receive a FREE one way economy class flight from Auckland to Sydney or Sydney to Auckland on selected cruises on board Celebrity Solstice

Celebrity have a Fly Free Promotion on selected cruises at the moment ...

Receive a FREE one way economy class flight from Auckland to Sydney or Sydney to Auckland on selected cruises on board Celebrity Solstice

FYI sailings are 2 and 14 Nov and 4 Dec 2015 for anyone interested.

Well you get the price at the time you book. So if you book a couple months down the track and the price is more than it was when you first saw the cruise then that is a "snooze you lose" type of thing.

If the cruise is cheaper a couple of months down the track you can try and refare it, however, it depends on the agent and the booking conditions at the time.

As I am happy I am not going to worry about it! Sometimes getting a cheaper fare can result in a cabin we arent happy with etc etc. We were able to fit it into our budget and its done now! At the end of the day ............ I get to look forward to another cruise :) :) :)

• 2 weeks later...

18 Jul 2015 Central Mediterranean Cruise V517N Queen Victoria - 14 nights ex Trieste, Italy

14 nights from

$949 pp inside, $1059 pp Oceanview, Balcony $1319, or how about live it up Queen Style in a Suite $2009 pp

Great value on Inside gty.......

Sun Princess ex Bne 20 August 15.... 10 nights South Pacific - insides from $880 pp.....using an FCC as our deposit, finally found an agency that accepts them, we ended up with $275 obc between the two of us...:D:D She's not our favourite class of ship but for the price paid and extra's on offer we will have a wonderful time...... ;):D:D

an added bonus for us was Saturday night John scored 3rd division in lotto which paid for 3/4 of the cruise.....:D

Sun Princess ex Bne 20 August 15.... 10 nights South Pacific - insides from $880 pp.....using an FCC as our deposit, finally found an agency that accepts them, we ended up with $275 obc between the two of us...:D:D She's not our favourite class of ship but for the price paid and extra's on offer we will have a wonderful time...... ;):D:

an added bonus for us was Saturday night John scored 3rd division in lotto which paid for 3/4 of the cruise.....:D

Well done for both things

I have never had trouble using my FCC through my agent (who is in Brisbane) in fact he tells me I have them and which ones he will use.

Have a great cruise I would have tried it but we are on Emerald Princess at that time :D

Sun Princess ex Bne 20 August 15.... 10 nights South Pacific - insides from $880 pp.....using an FCC as our deposit, finally found an agency that accepts them, we ended up with $275 obc between the two of us...:D:D She's not our favourite class of ship but for the price paid and extra's on offer we will have a wonderful time...... ;):D:D

Wow, great score on both counts!

Ship Name: Dawn Princess Cruise Code: D527 Departure Date: Monday, 7 December 2015 Cruise Name: South Pacific / Fiji Nights: 14 Departing: Sydney

From $1286 pp inside, $1462 obstructed oceanview pp

Ship Name: Sun Princess

Cruise Code: S525A

Departure Date: Tuesday, 24 November 2015

Cruise Name: South East Asia

Nights: 26

Departing: Fremantle (Perth)

From $2388 pp inside

Edited by icat2000

Well Done, Shiona. You can't go wrong with a cruise to the South Pacific in winter at those prices. Enjoy!

Ship Name: Legend Of The Seas Cruise Code: LG27SEP15 Departure Date: Sunday, 27 September 2015 Cruise Name: Fremantle to Singapore Nights: 14 Departing: Fremantle (Perth)

From inside $983 pp

Edited by icat2000