El Cheapo Cruises Thread

As long as you realise that is very port intensive . 32 days out of the 34 you are in port. As with most Med cruises your ship is a Hotel that floats from port to port overnight.:)

I have actually seen passengers staggering ashore saying..Where are we today?:D

Yes the Med cruises tend to be like that. We have 18 in 22 coming up on our med cruises.

Med cruises can be exhausting. Need a holiday to recover from it. My 12 med cruise only has 2 sea days.

I think our 12 night Baltic Sea cruise had 4 sea days. I would have liked a sea day after 2 days in St Petersburg but it was straight onto Helsinki and Stockholm the day after. I'm getting too old :eek: for 5 port days in a row. If they were places we had been before (eg Pacific Islands, Qld or NZ) I would have been tempted to stay on the ship.

Anywho, back on topic, there seems to be lots of last minute specials at the moment but has anyone seen any deals (inside cabin less than $100pppd) for the second half of this year?

I think our 12 night Baltic Sea cruise had 4 sea days. I would have liked a sea day after 2 days in St Petersburg but it was straight onto Helsinki and Stockholm the day after. I'm getting too old :eek: for 5 port days in a row. If they were places we had been before (eg Pacific Islands, Qld or NZ) I would have been tempted to stay on the ship.

Anywho, back on topic, there seems to be lots of last minute specials at the moment but has anyone seen any deals (inside cabin less than $100pppd) for the second half of this year?

Yes know what you mean about the Baltic cruises.

As for specials in the second half of the year, so far they are only for overseas (Caribbean/ Europe/ Asia) with none around Australia/ NZ just yet.

To all the experts out there; I need your help please: Are there still bargains available for an Australian single on the Sydney to Hong Kong segment Pacific Princess departing Feb 12, 2016 and where do I find them? I can't find them!

Not sure if this is a great deal but I did find availability and singles prices on a US vacation site, in USD. yes the most expensive is inside!!

Inside 3838

OV 2374

Balcony 2749

This time next week we will be waiting to sail at 2pm on Pacific Dawn, determined not to compare too much to Solstice or Sea Princess. This time last year we were on our first cruise, doesn't take much to get hooked :)

Not sure if this is a great deal but I did find availability and singles prices on a US vacation site, in USD. yes the most expensive is inside!!

Inside 3838

OV 2374

Balcony 2749

This time next week we will be waiting to sail at 2pm on Pacific Dawn, determined not to compare too much to Solstice or Sea Princess. This time last year we were on our first cruise, doesn't take much to get hooked :)

Yes it only takes one to get you hooked for life.:D

As long as you realise that is very port intensive . 32 days out of the 34 you are in port. As with most Med cruises your ship is a Hotel that floats from port to port overnight.:)

I have actually seen passengers staggering ashore saying..Where are we today?:D

I've seen that on cruises to nowhere :D:D:D

Hi Everyone ,

There is a balcony deal on Voyagers of the sea -27th Feb from Sydney 7 day ,at only $571 each ,inside and outside and balcony all at the same price ,on the RCI site.

I am already on this cruise ,so got cheeky :Dand I just rang and they offered me a upgrade to an outside cabin from my inside for nothing ,or a $150 to a balcony ,not bad for a solo cruiser .:D

Cheers Deb

Hi Everyone ,

There is a balcony deal on Voyagers of the sea -27th Feb from Sydney 7 day ,at only $571 each ,inside and outside and balcony all at the same price ,on the RCI site.

I am already on this cruise ,so got cheeky :Dand I just rang and they offered me a upgrade to an outside cabin from my inside for nothing ,or a $150 to a balcony ,not bad for a solo cruiser .:D

Cheers Deb

Wow a bargain, if just pesky old work didn't get in the way.

Hi Everyone ,

Cheers Deb

That's great. More generous than US cruisers would get as well...

Hi Everyone ,

Cheers Deb

Good work, especially for a solo.:D

Hi Everyone ,

The price has gone up to $671 to inside and outside. $771 for a balcony.

The price has gone up to $671 to inside and outside. $771 for a balcony.

Most likely supply and demand due to rooms being booked.

I had a look at booking and the final quote is showing at $1025 pp for an outside. Something is not right.

Perhaps they are being snapped up and it is a case of 'you snooze, you lose'.

Most likely supply and demand due to rooms being booked.

Perhaps they are being snapped up and it is a case of 'you snooze, you lose'.

Maybe they haven't updated the first page yet. All cabin catogories seem to have the different prices. Balcony is showing $771.73 on first page and $1243.45 on second when you choose book now.

I'm on the radiance at the moment and asked future bookings officer about the voyager deal and they are offering them with the obc for booking whilst on board here. Seems to be very popular with cruises on radiance.

Shame I'm not retired. Only 30 years to go.

I'm on the radiance at the moment and asked future bookings officer about the voyager deal and they are offering them with the obc for booking whilst on board here. Seems to be very popular with cruises on radiance.

Shame I'm not retired. Only 30 years to go.

Yes, it would be great to drop everything and just go.:cool:

Ship Name: Radiance Of The Seas

Cruise Code: RD03APR16

Departure Date: Sunday, 3 April 2016

Cruise Name: Sydney to Honolulu

Nights: 17

Departing: Sydney - Australia

From $1301 pp (inside) $1790 (oceanview) pp, balcony guarantee pp $2268

Ship Name: Celebrity Solstice

Cruise Code: SL09APR16

Departure Date: Saturday, 9 April 2016

Cruise Name: Sydney to Honolulu