El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Celebrity has a Big,Better promo at the moment with 2 free perks (eg $150 OBC per person + free grats, or drinks package) AND reduced deposits for $25 per person. Not sure how long it's on for.

I called them and asked if another perk could be added to my booking, which I booked back in October, as I only got 1 perk. They refused, which is disappointing as it didn't say for new bookings only.... Bummer. I could have rebooked and lost my $50 deposit (there was a reduced deposit promo when I booked as well), but I booked a balcony guarantee and got a fantastic allocation, so will stick with what I have.

This is all direct through the Celebrity website.

Does anyone know how much the grats are per day per person on celebrity?

Was also looking at their special and wondering if it's worth cancelling and rebooking

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Ru2on

Does anyone know how much the grats are per day per person on celebrity?

Was also looking at their special and wondering if it's worth cancelling and rebooking

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

$12.95 US pp/per day

It's on till 31 January on selected sailings.

I would cancel and rebook if I had a specific cabin, but want to hang on to my guarantee allocation...

Celebrity has a Big,Better promo at the moment with 2 free perks (eg $150 OBC per person + free grats, or drinks package) AND reduced deposits for $25 per person. Not sure how long it's on for.

I was looking at the Top End cruise in March. There is a a choice Go Big 1 perk, Go Better 2 perks and Go Best 4 perks. The price difference for a balcony between the Go Big and Go Better is $339pp. That's quite a big difference to pay per person.

I was looking at the Top End cruise in March. There is a a choice Go Big 1 perk, Go Better 2 perks and Go Best 4 perks. The price difference for a balcony between the Go Big and Go Better is $339pp. That's quite a big difference to pay per person.

Perhaps that cruise isn't on the promo. If it is, it doesn't show a Go Big option - just a Go better with 2 free perks and Go best with all 4.

I checked the prices for my April Panama Canal cruise. It works out nearly the same price, as I booked on board so ended up with $275OBC, grats and Bev package, but will keep checking all month in case the price drops as we head towards final payment.

I checked the prices for my April Panama Canal cruise. It works out nearly the same price, as I booked on board so ended up with $275OBC, grats and Bev package, but will keep checking all month in case the price drops as we head towards final payment.

If the price does drop - will they honour the new price? I called Celebrity about my Go Better offer, and also asked about price drops and they said they will not change the price on the booking. Would have to cancel and rebook. :rolleyes:

I called them and asked if another perk could be added to my booking, which I booked back in October, as I only got 1 perk. They refused, which is disappointing as it didn't say for new bookings only.... Bummer. I could have rebooked and lost my $50 deposit (there was a reduced deposit promo when I booked as well), but I booked a balcony guarantee and got a fantastic allocation, so will stick with what I have.

This is all direct through the Celebrity website.

Are you sure about that? Just copied this from Celebrity website:

Terms & Conditions

Terms and Conditions of Sale:

Go Better Offer:

 Applicable to new individual and non –contracted group bookings made between 4-Jan-16 to 31-Jan-16

Edited by boeckli

With these cheap cruises, it is best to check with the TA before making a deposit/final payment as they may not be combinable with other offers (shareholder credit, future cruise credits, Military Benefits etc).

The TA site does not mention this, but found out when we rang Princess to have our Military credits applied (and rejected due to the fare type).

They are still great prices without the "extras"

Are you sure about that? Just copied this from Celebrity website:

Terms & Conditions

Terms and Conditions of Sale:

Go Better Offer:

 Applicable to new individual and non –contracted group bookings made between 4-Jan-16 to 31-Jan-16

Dang! Didnt see that! I went through the booking (dummy booking) and that's where I saw the offer, and it didn't say new bookings at that stage. It must have been elsewhere on the Celebrity site.

Ar you sure your TA is correct I am assured the shareholder and military benefit is not refused due to any other bargain fares You are entitled to these benefits and with Princess cannot be refused them they are combinable with anything

If the price does drop - will they honour the new price? I called Celebrity about my Go Better offer, and also asked about price drops and they said they will not change the price on the booking. Would have to cancel and rebook. :rolleyes:

It does depend, we had reduced deposits so have taken the potential loss of deposit into consideration. At the moment I would be $23 in front on an $8000 cruise, hence me leaving it as is. I did note today that the $25 deposit had disappeared:mad:

Ar you sure your TA is correct I am assured the shareholder and military benefit is not refused due to any other bargain fares You are entitled to these benefits and with Princess cannot be refused them they are combinable with anything

Yes, Princess told me it was because of the special deal - fair enough.

On their website, as part of the Terms and Conditions, it says:

"Offer excludes all concessionary Staff and Travel Agent travel (including family and friends specials) and Breakaway/Interline fares.

This offer is combinable with most cruise fares. Some restrictions apply."

We've never considered the OBC an entitlement, but something we have previously been grateful to receive.

It depends on if you feel you get value from the perks and I suppose which perks you pick.

Yes, Princess told me it was because of the special deal - fair enough.

On their website, as part of the Terms and Conditions, it says:

"Offer excludes all concessionary Staff and Travel Agent travel (including family and friends specials) and Breakaway/Interline fares.

This offer is combinable with most cruise fares. Some restrictions apply."

We've never considered the OBC an entitlement, but something we have previously been grateful to receive.

Reading that, I agree with Windsor26. I think the Military OBC should apply. It is not a concessionary staff and travel agent travel (either free or very very cheap) or a Breakaway/Interline fare.

I think it is worth phoning again and asking someone else. :)

12 NIGHTS Cruise

South Pacific And Fiji Voyager

Ship: Voyager of the Seas

Cruise Line: Royal Caribbean

Embarkation Port: Sydney, Australia

Disembarkation Port: Sydney, Australia

Departure Dates: 13 Mar 2016

Up to $500.00 ONBOARD CREDIT

* OBC on selected categories

Big New Year Offer

NOW $1,007.04

$83.92 p/day

Aus Traveller - what exactly is a Breakaway/Interline fare?

Does anone have a number to ring in Sydney, rather than go through the call centre?

This one I have to guess. It is in the same sentence as Travel Agents travel (they pay only a very nominal amount) and family and friends (a bit more but still very cheap). Because the Breakaway/Interline fare is described as concessionary travel, I suggest it is a courtesy extended to employees of other cruise lines in the same way employees of one airline get a discount on other airlines. It cannot apply to a person booking as a passenger.

I assume you have booked as a passenger. Therefore I cannot see that this part of the Terms and Conditions applies to you. I am sure if they let you book your cruise at one of those concessionary rates, you wouldn't mind if you didn't get the military OBC.

Try again and see how you go. :)

Edited by Aus Traveller

Breakaway ,and others like it, really apply to the American market . It is aimed at flight personnel who have access to cheap/free ,last minute/standby flights and as such can fly at a moments notice to take a cruise and fill an empty cabin.

Hi Everyone ,

Found a cheap balcony cruise on the Voyagers of the sea ,last min deal leaves on the 30th Jan ,I will be in Victoria at this time or I would be on it !!

South Pacific & Fiji

Royal Caribbean International, Voyager of the Seas

Depart: 30th January 2016, for 10 nights

X - Balcony Stateroom - Guaranteed just $744 each

Now that is a great price !!!! for a balcony

Cheers Deb

Hi Everyone ,

Found a cheap balcony cruise on the Voyagers of the sea ,last min deal leaves on the 30th Jan ,I will be in Victoria at this time or I would be on it !!

South Pacific & Fiji

Royal Caribbean International, Voyager of the Seas

Depart: 30th January 2016, for 10 nights

X - Balcony Stateroom - Guaranteed just $744 each

Now that is a great price !!!! for a balcony

Cheers Deb

Wow what a great deal.