No luck with platinum priority luggage!!

cwb348

We have been on four platinum cruises so far at Miami, New Orleans and Galveston ports. We have "priority" on our luggage tags, the porter slaps on another sticker, we tip him, board by 11:30 am, and then receive our luggage the same time as everyone else - about 5 or 6 pm. Any idea what we could be doing wrong? Are you having luck getting your luggage early? Thanks for any responses!

As Platinum...our luggage has always been there by 12:30ish. We usually get to the port at 11:30ish and are onboard by noon. One time, our daughter's suitcase was a little later....but still around 2:00....(but of course she was panicking....where is "MY" luggage....but it came....no problems)

Not sure why yours' is so late. :(

I'm a "Diamond" member, and sometimes my luggage gets to the cabin at 1 P.M., other times I don't see it until 5:30 or later! Who knows why??? Probably has a lot to do with the old "first on - last off" situation. :confused: Doesn't bother me much. I usually go to dinner in the clothing I boarded in, on the first evening. ;)

"SKY"

There are bins clearly marked for FTTF bags.

Your luggage should be going in one of those bins.

It sounds like the porters are just putting it anywhere they want.

the FTTF bins are loaded up every 20-30 minutes-- as soon as it is full. then sorted then sent on their way/.

Every time I've pointed out the priority on the tags and waited until they put the bright orange sticker on them, they've arrived fairly early. In May on Pride, I didn't bother (shuttle driver was passing the bags over to the port baggage handlers).

I think it was about 2 and I was seeing lots of bags outside doors, but not mine. I made a loop around my aft section, looking to see if they were priority or not - some were, some weren't.

A guy saw me and asked if he could help, and I asked him if the priority bags were going to be delivered soon. He asked for my cabin number and I went back to the cabin. About 20 minutes later, he knocked on the door and had my two bags - no others - on his cart. He carried them in and apologized for them being late.

I don't have to have them early, but I like to get unpacked before muster drill. Then I truly feel like the vacation has begun. ;)

Got ours late out of NY too! Carry on always has 1 days worth of clothes , bathing suit and cover , all Meds , and personal articles. Everything else can arrive later.

The room was ready so I got rid of the carry on and all was good. We'll see what happens on our next cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last cruise our bags were delivered to our room right after we got there which was probably around 11:45. Couldn't believe how fast. Hope you have better luck getting your bags early on your next cruise.

I guess I have been fortunate. The latest I have ever gotten my bags, platinum or not, has been around 3pm and well before muster drill.

The last cruise we got to port at 10ish am and the porter didn't put any other tag on it, but saw it was priority and acknowledged it was priority and took bags off to put ours on. The load went straight to the ship. When we boarded the ship around 1115-1130 we went to our cabin and sure enough, ALL of our luggage was waiting there for us.

The cruise before that was just as quick. We got to the cabin and the bags arrived a few minutes later!!!!

We have been on four platinum cruises so far at Miami, New Orleans and Galveston ports. We have "priority" on our luggage tags, the porter slaps on another sticker, we tip him, board by 11:30 am, and then receive our luggage the same time as everyone else - about 5 or 6 pm. Any idea what we could be doing wrong? Are you having luck getting your luggage early? Thanks for any responses!

Last January was the first time that we were entitled to reap the Platinum benefit with FTTF on our ship.

We made sure the orange sticker was put on our bags. Boarded the ship early, went to cabin to drop off carry-on, went to lunch, came back and our luggage was waiting for us. It was very nice to be able to unpack before muster drill.

We had FTTF on Magic, before we made Platinum, and still no luggage until 6pm. I even called around 5:30 and ask if all the luggage was delivered.

Can't remember if we received early or not after Platinum.

I really don't care as long as we get it.

We always get to the port early (before they start boarding) and since they started expediting Platinum luggage, it has gotten to our room by 1. Unpacking before muster isn't as important as unpacking while I'm still semi-sober!

Edited by WendyVF

We had FTTF on Magic, before we made Platinum, and still no luggage until 6pm. I even called around 5:30 and ask if all the luggage was delivered.

Can't remember if we received early or not after Platinum.

I really don't care as long as we get it.

Did you ask to be compensated for the service failure that occurred when using a service that was included with your Faster to the Fun package?

Can't speak for Miami but in Galveston we have always gotten our bags early (by 1-1:30) sometimes sooner. Doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong. I always make sure I SEE the porter put the orange FTTF sticker on the bag before I tip them.

In Ft Lauderdale our priority bags beat us tot he cabin!

Maybe you are just "lucky" and have received poor service each time.

Our last cruise we had FTTF. Our luggage did not make it to our room until right before muster even after getting the orange tags and everything at the drop off.

The next morning I checked my S&S bill, and they had completely refunded FTTF without us asking for it.

The next trip, we are visiting with family in the morning before we get on the cruise, so we're just going to show up around 1 and after doing the security and check-in routine, we'll just walk right on the ship.

We had problems once and I couldn't figure out why. We were platinum and in a suite so there was no reason for them to be late. I had printed the tags on our laser printer so they were black and white (which the website says is ok) but from then on I used a color printer and have had no problems!

Sent from my iPad using Forums