What's included in Cabin Bar Setup for $80

pris993

Considering purchasing Cabin Bar Setup for $80. X web site is not very specific about what is available in this option. Any purchase recently? What choices are available? What did you get?

I was looking for a way to purchase a bottle of spirits (Scotch) for the cabin, like we do on HAL and Princess. Does X have a similar option I am missing?

We did this a couple of years ago and got a 1ltr bottle of absolute vodka & I think 6/8 can mixers?... It's quite an expensive way of doing it but guess its cheaper then bar prices!

For us we didn't even end up opening up the bottle on board and ended up taking home with us.... The most expensive bottle of vodka we have ever bought! 😳

On the Celebrity website look for the small print on the bottom if the home page "Gifts By Celebrity". Click there, then go to "Gifts By Celebrity delivery Aboard", then "Spirits, Cellars and More" then "Liquor Packages" and you will see what brands they offer.

On the Celebrity website look for the small print on the bottom if the home page "Gifts By Celebrity". Click there, then go to "Gifts By Celebrity delivery Aboard", then "Spirits, Cellars and More" then "Liquor Packages" and you will see what brands they offer.

Thanks that is what I was looking for... then I can see if they even have brands we like.

Yes, this is a pricey option with one - 1 litre bottle, 6 cans of mixers and a box of

Gourmet nuts included. But it is just so wonderful to be able to enjoy a nice cocktail on your balcony whenever you wish. Your stateroom attendant will bring you the mixers of your choice after you arrive. Be sure to ask him/her to empty out the little cooler in your cabin so you can keep your own bar supplies nice and cold. If there is no ice bucket, again just ask for one and tell them when and how many times a day you wish to have it filled. We have had great enjoyment from our Stateroom Bar set ups on all of our cruises and if you run out, you can just order another one onboard. Cheers!

Edited by PEIpair
Misspelling

We are considering an April TA cruise. Previously we have done HAL for transatlantics, but the Celebrity works best for us in 2015. My question is can I order a single bottle of scotch. We don't need mixers or the bar snacks. On HAL we can order a single bottle of Cutty Sark for about $30. What would be the cost on the Constellation. We will probably opt for a Sky Suite, if that makes any difference.

Yes, this is a pricey option with one - 1 litre bottle, 6 cans of mixers and a box of

Gourmet nuts included. But it is just so wonderful to be able to enjoy a nice cocktail on your balcony whenever you wish. Your stateroom attendant will bring you the mixers of your choice after you arrive. Be sure to ask him/her to empty out the little cooler in your cabin so you can keep your own bar supplies nice and cold. If there is no ice bucket, again just ask for one and tell them when and how many times a day you wish to have it filled. We have had great enjoyment from our Stateroom Bar set ups on all of our cruises and if you run out, you can just order another one onboard. Cheers!

Exactly !!:D

Celebrity has full sized bottles, I think Princess only offers 375 ml size so allow for that when comparing prices.

That would have been my question. We drink Jack Daniels, and for $100, I was wondering what size bottle it is. The website doesn't say... Is it the 1 ltr bottle?

John

That would have been my question. We drink Jack Daniels, and for $100, I was wondering what size bottle it is. The website doesn't say... Is it the 1 ltr bottle?

John

Yes 1ltr bottles

If ordered ahead of time via Gifts by Celebrity, no 15% gratuity will be applied.

If ordered via the cruise planner under Beverage options, I believe a 15% gratuity WILL be applied.

EDIT: I was wrong, no gratuity added via the PreCrusie planner.

Edited by cle-guy

Thanks for the clarification, cle-guy.

That still works out to over $13 per drink. Seems to me it would be less expensive to wander down to the bar and bring a cocktail back up to enjoy on the balcony (or send one's significant other to do it).

If ordered ahead of time via Gifts by Celebrity, no 15% gratuity will be applied.

If ordered via the cruise planner under Beverage options, I believe a 15% gratuity WILL be applied.

That's right, I ordered it from Gifts by Celebrity in June for my Sept 4, 2014 cruise , no 15% gratutity. They do ask what you what on the card though :D...just said Bon Voyage!

Debbie

I imagine there is tax (or a service charge) added to the $80?

At one can of soda per drink, that would work out to six rum and cokes for just under $100. Seems a little steep to me.

No tax or service charge is added if ordered in advance.

Depends on how stiff you make 'em!

1 liter of rum has 33.8 ounces in it.

Highball glass holds 8-10 ounces, half of which is displaced by ice. So let's call it 4 ounces.

Typical R&C would be 1.5 oz rum and 3 oz coke

So the rum bottle has 33 / 1.5 = 22 drinks. Make 'em doubles, 11 drinks.

R&C from a bar is I think $7 plus 15% = $8.05

11 drinks x $8.05 = $88.55

So mathematically it works out to be practically a wash, considering the nuts!

That's right, I ordered it from Gifts by Celebrity in June for my Sept 4, 2014 cruise , no 15% gratutity. They do ask what you what on the card though :D...just said Bon Voyage!

Debbie

I preordered some champagne, well sparkling wine, Domain Chandon (which by the way is cheaper from Gifts at $37 a bottle with no service fees, than it is on board, still! HINT HINT to those sparkling wine drinkers)...

On the card I put "Please make sure it is in cabin and chilled for departure" as sometimes I have read gifts may be delivered after sail away depending on how busy the crew is.