Kids NOT Potty Trained

We were all set to book our family cruise on Serenade, until we realized there is no Splash pool for kids.

We'll have a 1 year old at the time.

No way she'll be potty trained.

But definitely too old to just sit around.

My wife asked me, "What is she supposed to do all day on that ship? She's too little for Adventure Ocean, she can't use the kids pool, There are no Dreamworks characters. I just don't want her having to sit with us and watch her sister and older cousins play."

Parents of little ones not potty trained, what did you do with your little one all day?

We've taken our older daughter on cruises at that age but it was on Oasis & Allure.

We were all set to book our family cruise on Serenade, until we realized there is no Splash pool for kids.

We'll have a 1 year old at the time.

No way she'll be potty trained.

But definitely too old to just sit around.

My wife asked me, "What is she supposed to do all day on that ship? She's too little for Adventure Ocean, she can't use the kids pool, There are no Dreamworks characters. I just don't want her having to sit with us and watch her sister and older cousins play."

Parents of little ones not potty trained, what did you do with your little one all day?

We've taken our older daughter on cruises at that age but it was on Oasis & Allure.

I agree it's hard especially on warm weather cruises....You might consider bringing a small blow-up pool for her to use...just a thought.

How do you fill up a small blow up pool on the ship?

& Bob yes, they're fine on Freedom class, but I'm trying to figure out if we can save plans to stay on Serenade or this is the last straw to kill that ship for us.

You might consider bringing a small blow-up pool for her to use...just a thought.

LOL. I know this is just a joke (if every family with young kids brought their own pool, there would be no room left on the pool deck!), but based on some posts around here, people might think you are serious. :D

LOL. I know this is just a joke (if every family with young kids brought their own pool, there would be no room left on the pool deck!), but based on some posts around here, people might think you are serious. :D

I think they meant more like a small blow up bathtub size thing. And likely they were not kidding.

Uhm...are you trying for sarcasm?

Here's a picture in another thread: http://forums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43615818&postcount=4

I've seen people mention that they use a bucket from the bar (like the one they serve beer in) or even just plastic bags to fill a little blow-up pool with the water from the regular pool. When you're done, you dump the water down the drain (not back into the pool!)

Edited by Illyria

Uhm...are you trying for sarcasm?

Here's a picture in another thread: http://forums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43615818&postcount=4

I've seen people mention that they use a bucket from the bar (like the one they serve beer in) or even just plastic bags to fill a little blow-up pool with the water from the regular pool. When you're done, you dump the water down the drain (not back into the pool!)

The pool in that pic is being used on their balcony not on the outside public areas. There's not exactly room for even a pool that size on the deck. Too many people walking around.

The pool in that pic is being used on their balcony not on the outside public areas. There's not exactly room for even a pool that size on the deck. Too many people walking around.

The poster comments that people would stop and comment on what a clever idea it was. Sounds to me like it was at the pool not on their balcony.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

No reason to be so "quick" with the sarcasim and you know what they say about assuming :rolleyes: ...Many families can be very creative when it comes to their little ones onboard.

No it's not. The poster says he/she used it at the pool

No it's not. The poster says he/she used it at the pool

ok, but it's up against a wall, not next to the pool. OP says they have another child and cousins will be there. Excuse me for my "mistake" wow.

Edited by BND

What do you do with her at home? It will be the same as on a cruise....older kids can have more fun...that's life! So, whatever you do at home, while the older kids are doing things, that's what you'll do on the ship!

Since she can't use the pool, you should bring a blow up tub, so she can splash in a few inches of water....(empty the tub into a shower or floor drain)...and you can still be at the pool area!

Edited by cb at sea

Not a joke at all. We've brought a large blow-up bath tub. We blew it up with our very own mouths!

A blow up pool is a good idea too. I'd bring one and allow another baby or two to play in it with my son as well just to be nice. But that's me :)

Here's my little guy in his bath tub on a pool deck of a Carnival cruise back in December! We had so many comments on what a great idea it was.

IMG_1758_zps5812ed33.jpg

IMG_3694_zps3d77e8dd.jpg

Edited by smileyperry

Didn't mean to create an inflatable pool debate.

But just wondered what parents did to keep the little ones busy.

At home is different.... she has a million toys, we have a pool, etc.

When we took our oldest daughter on Allure, we spent time in the room for kids too young for adventure ocean.

There were a million toys!

We also did the splash zone for her, the royal babies activities, dream works characters, the carousel, pets at sea.

I realize I need Oasis or Liberty for most of that.

I was just looking to hear from parents of little ones on what they did, that was helpful, and if they regretted that class ship.

We're between 7 days on Serenade or 5 days on Liberty so we have more kids amenities.

cost is a bout the same but a little less on serenade.