Room Service Breakfast

shofer

Having been on RCI only once and never used room service, I am wondering if they offer a full service breakfast like Celebrity? Princess only offers Continental Breakfast in regular cabins.

We are going to be on Vision of the Seas in the Mediterranean next May and are thinking it might be more efficient of our time to have breakfast in our room prior to going on an early excursion.

Do you order room service on the TV or does this class of ship still employ the cardboard door hanger?

Sue

Hope room service breakfast works well for you on Vision.

We thought it would be great to order room service on our recent cruises when we had early shore excursions. We placed our order the night prior using the hang tag card. Example...we selected delivery between 6:30 -7:00 am. No food by 7am. Called room service # and was told it would be there "soon". Waited 15-20 min....no food son we called to cancel and then made a quick dash to the Windjammer to get something to eat before we had to meet for our excursion. I think many have the same idea on days with early excursions and room service is a bit overwhelmed. Too stressful for us so we won't chance it any more.

Wow I've had the exact OPPOSITE situation. We wanted breakfast about 8:30 so debated if we should put 8:30 to 9AM. We'd put 8-8:30 as the time frame and we'd ALWAYS get a call about 10 minutes before 8 saying it was on its way and it was always there BEFORE 8.

We were afraid if we put 8:30 to 9 it would come at 9 or later, but no matter when we asked for it, we always got it about 10 minutes prior to the earlier time listed. Maybe it has something to do with proximity to the area where they prepare the room service trays? I don't know.

Wow I've had the exact OPPOSITE situation. We wanted breakfast about 8:30 so debated if we should put 8:30 to 9AM. We'd put 8-8:30 as the time frame and we'd ALWAYS get a call about 10 minutes before 8 saying it was on its way and it was always there BEFORE 8.

We were afraid if we put 8:30 to 9 it would come at 9 or later, but no matter when we asked for it, we always got it about 10 minutes prior to the earlier time listed. Maybe it has something to do with proximity to the area where they prepare the room service trays? I don't know.

Glad it's worked well for you. Were the days you ordered early excursion days? What ship(s)?

:D I didn't say it actually worked WELL for me. It was always EARLIER than we really wanted to get up. Sometimes sea days. Sometimes port days. It has habitually been early for me. As I said, maybe location in reference to the kitchen is a player in the game? I have no idea. And this has been on the Navigator, Explorer, Voyager. (as well as every Celebrity ship I've been on which is ALMOST every Celebrity ship sailing and some that are gone). Just my luck I guess. I WANT it on the late side of the window and it always arrives BEFORE the early time. The one time I ask for a window on the later side… it will probably be the other way around.

I think he reason it didn't work well for us was we chose big port days (Rome, St Petersburg) with early departures for shore excursions. On those days I think many others thought the same way we did and room service couldn't handle the volume of early orders. '

I can see where having room service arrive earlier than what you ordered wouldn't be good. We'd just like it in the middle. :)

On port days when we have an excursion we always order room service. We order it early in the morning and have never had a problem. This includes the Navigator, Legend, and the Majesty as well as the Celebrity Infinity.

I love room service on RCI. It`s like an extra alarm clock. They always call before they`re coming, so if I slept in, they get me up. Usually comes a bit earlier in my experience. But then I`m a tad compulsive so I set the order a little earlier than we actually need it.

I always have my room service tip set out on a specific place on the desk before I go to bed. This way I do not have to have a conversation before tooth-brushing. Just nod, point and hand the server my tip.

We ordered room service only once during our cruise last year. It was breakfast and it was horrible. It was cold, missing items (like syrup for pancakes) and just not the experience we.we were hoping for. And we were in a GS, so that didn't even help assure good service.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

Can you write in hot chocolate on the breakfast card? I see it listed on the main menu, but it's not on the hanging tag.

You can try. I've read of people having their written requests granted, but it may not be the policy on that ship.

We ordered room service only once during our cruise last year. It was breakfast and it was horrible. It was cold, missing items (like syrup for pancakes) and just not the experience we.we were hoping for. And we were in a GS, so that didn't even help assure good service.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

I have to agree with you. Hash browns and eggs were lukewarm. I would rather run up to the Windjammer to get it, cover it with a plate and bring it back to the cabin if I want eggs and hash browns.

But for a continental breakfast it was fine. If you order coffee and like creamer, make sure you ask for milk, too. They don't always put it on your room service delivery if you don't ask for it.

Also, if you order room service, KEEP THE TRAY! That way during the cruise if you want to run up to the Windjammer for lunch you can take the tray with you to bring back what you want instead of trying to juggle a couple of plates. They didn't have trays the last time I cruised so it was a bit difficult to bring food back to the cabin.

I have to agree with you. Hash browns and eggs were lukewarm. I would rather run up to the Windjammer to get it, cover it with a plate and bring it back to the cabin if I want eggs and hash browns.

But for a continental breakfast it was fine. If you order coffee and like creamer, make sure you ask for milk, too. They don't always put it on your room service delivery if you don't ask for it.

Also, if you order room service, KEEP THE TRAY! That way during the cruise if you want to run up to the Windjammer for lunch you can take the tray with you to bring back what you want instead of trying to juggle a couple of plates. They didn't have trays the last time I cruised so it was a bit difficult to bring food back to the cabin.

Now that's a good tip I need to remember

Dropped a couple of midnight snacks over the years

I like it

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can you write in hot chocolate on the breakfast card? I see it listed on the main menu, but it's not on the hanging tag.

I'm not sure, but to be safe just grab a few packets of the hot chocolate mix from the WJ or Cafe Promenade and keep them in your cabin. Then you just need to order hot water for tea and you're set.

As you can see by my countdown clock, it's still a long way till our cruise but all these discussions sure keep me excited about going.

I've had both good/bad experiences with room service but in a pinch for time, it's a good decision.

Sue

we did room service when we were on the Jewel and Freedom of the Seas and we liked the convience of it. Sat on the balcony and had breakfast. Like someone else mentioned, it always came earlier than we expected but they do call to "warn" you that they are on the way.