What's Your Early Morning Routine on RCI Cruise?

Wake up without an alarm by 6 or 7 a.m. Slip into my workout gear and head to the fitness center. Exercise for 30-60 minutes. Head to the buffet for a light-ish breakfast of oatmeal, fruit, cottage cheese, skim milk and perhaps a small pastry. Seek out a quiet, comfy spot in public areas to read for an hour or two. Head back to the cabin to check whether hubby is awake yet.

Early morning coffee in my travel mug, walk around the deck to watch

the sunrise.....

Then....

Toss all the chair hogs towels into one pile!! ;) :p :p

Just kidding...but I am guessing the thoughts have crossed several minds! :D

Someone in the office just asked me this question, and I thought I'd pose it to others on the the Royal Caribbean forum...

What is the first thing(s) that you do when you get up in the morning on your RC cruise? For me, it's to stand on my balcony in my pjs and just take in the beauty of the sunrise...then head to the Windjammer to GO EAT! How about you? ;)

Depending on what port you are sailing into if its a port you don't wake up in, I like to be on the balcony coming into port. St Thomas comes into mind as being scenic to watch the arrival. In the 2 years I was marathon training it was getting to the track before it got crowded. (less of a problem on Allure with the dedicated track.

Early morning coffee in my travel mug, walk around the deck to watch

the sunrise.....

Then....

Toss all the chair hogs towels into one pile!! ;) :p :p

Just kidding...but I am guessing the thoughts have crossed several minds! :D

As the OP of the infamous MEET THE ALLURE CHAIR HOGS THREAD. I like to get up and photograph chair hogs in action.

Depending on what port you are sailing into if its a port you don't wake up in, I like to be on the balcony coming into port. St Thomas comes into mind as being scenic to watch the arrival. In the 2 years I was marathon training it was getting to the track before it got crowded. (less of a problem on Allure with the dedicated track.

Agreed. Sailing into St. Thomas is one of the best!!

As the OP of the infamous MEET THE ALLURE CHAIR HOGS THREAD. I like to get up and photograph chair hogs in action.

Hmmm...me thinks that may be a lot of pork! ;) :p

We actually enjoy sipping coffee and watching from the Viking Crown lounge.

And the funny thing is they never look up to see us watching them.

Always gives us a morning laugh! :D

Edited by island lady

Do you have actual photos of the Hog Squad? I remember someone actually posting a photo series of lounge chair hogs on a RC thread, and they were hilarious! Imagine people waking at the crack of dawn, doing Olympic sprints to the lido deck to confiscate every chair near the pool...unbelievable.

This will be our first cruise and I am hoping sleeping in will be my routine, followed by room service. We have a balcony so I have a sense I will find my husband out there every morning. I applaud all of you who get up and exercise right away, I just don't see that in my future.

I roll out of bed, put on my workout clothes and do 3 1/2 miles on the treadmill. Then I go to my aft balcony, put a towel down, and do my short plank routine. After that I get coffee and breakfast .

We are on the Oasis next summer, so I am looking forward to the substantial walking track, so I can avoid the treadmill. I love mornings on the ship.

Then I eat and drink till my heart's content. [emoji2]

Someone in the office just asked me this question, and I thought I'd pose it to others on the the Royal Caribbean forum...

What is the first thing(s) that you do when you get up in the morning on your RC cruise? For me, it's to stand on my balcony in my pjs and just take in the beauty of the sunrise...then head to the Windjammer to GO EAT! How about you? ;)

The first thing - a few circles on wrap-around promenade.

Then light breakfast before going to gym.

Then another bite in the buffet and pools & sun.

I always go for a walk and fetch my DW a cup of coffee.

We usually get up about 6, have some coffee, breakfast, take a quick walk around the jogging track and then head to the Flowrider for advanced stand up surfing :D

We had rented the Flowrider out two cruises ago at 7 am and we were so very happy when they couldn't get it started because it was SO windy and SO cold (March) and we didn't have shortie wet suits on that cruise, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.