What's Your Early Morning Routine on RCI Cruise?

We're also early risers. Room service tray with coffee/tea and Danish to enjoy out on the balcony, then breakfast in the MDR, followed by a walk around the ship (we go all around deck 4, out to the bow, then end up back in the promenade for another cup of tea/coffee (and usually a cookie :eek:) When we were sailing on Mariner, our morning walk would include a trip to the peek-a-boo bridge, but I don't think they have one on FOS.

We'll have a coffee maker/tea pot in our room for our next cruise, but I doubt we'll change our routine. We really like walking around the ship together.

I would love to be able to sleep in. Body clock just never allows.... always wake up before the alarm. Ho Hum.

Same here. Even when we have the luxury of sleeping in at home, which is rare, we're both up early anyway. Early morning is my favorite time of the day.

I am an early riser also. My routine is to grab my soda cup and camera. Fill up the cup and then explore different areas of the ship to take pictures. Usually I am up before sunrise so I love taking pictures of the sunrise.

I wake up early and then get aggravated that my husband and kids aren't up yet. After I get over that, I typically go get coffee and walk around the ship taking pictures and enjoying the ship before crowds. Oh yeah… then I go to the pool and save lounges. :D Kidding.

Debbie

Me I set the alarm for 4.30am quick change then up to the pool deck and after a quick look around I put 4 towels each on 4 loungers even through there are only two of us so after using up the 16 towels on the best chairs I then head back to my cabin and back to bed.

At 9.30am I get up AGAIN and head down to the main dining room where I complain about everything until I get a offer of a free bottle of wine at diner.

Then back to the room for a 60 min rest before we head down to the front desk to complain about kids running around the ship last night at 8.30pm after I get a offer of a free meal at Chops I then head to the shops for free testers of after shave, I then have to quickly head up to the windjammer for my 1st lunch and then after a hour rest and head to the promenade café for a top up.

It's now 3.30pm I need to get up to MY LOUNGERS on to pool deck to get some rays.

After a rest we head down to the show where our friends have saved us 6 seats.

I love RCCL

I have cruised with you before. Next time, I will kick your butt. Next time.

Unless you pour me a glass of that yummy, comp wine.

:)

Edited by Rulers Mom

Me I set the alarm for 4.30am quick change then up to the pool deck and after a quick look around I put 4 towels each on 4 loungers even through there are only two of us so after using up the 16 towels on the best chairs I then head back to my cabin and back to bed.

At 9.30am I get up AGAIN and head down to the main dining room where I complain about everything until I get a offer of a free bottle of wine at diner.

Then back to the room for a 60 min rest before we head down to the front desk to complain about kids running around the ship last night at 8.30pm after I get a offer of a free meal at Chops I then head to the shops for free testers of after shave, I then have to quickly head up to the windjammer for my 1st lunch and then after a hour rest and head to the promenade café for a top up.

It's now 3.30pm I need to get up to MY LOUNGERS on to pool deck to get some rays.

After a rest we head down to the show where our friends have saved us 6 seats.

I love RCCL

. Lol! Best response ever!

I'm up at 5am...quick protein drink then out to run a few miles....then I'm off to find coffee...will bring back a cup for my wife who is still sleeping.

(PS...Don't knock it...I'm 63 years old and feel like I'm 40)

BTW, I can't tell you how many people are out there putting towels on chairs...unbelievable!

Edited by B-52

0600 coffee at Café Promenade and pick up the daily Compass, then walk to the pool, swim a few laps, followed by relaxing in the hot tub and reading over the upcoming days activities in the Compass. If we are on Oasis class I walk over to the Solarium Bistro for my first breakfast... a plate of fresh fruit. Continue walking aft to pick up a donut at the Boardwalk. If it's close to 0900 then it's time to head back to the room and wake up my sleeping family for breakfast. (If it's not 0900 I might consider stopping by Park Café for a breakfast sandwich!)

It's no wonder I need to diet after a cruise!

Early riser. Have room service deliver pre-breakfast of coffee and pastry. Hit the gym for a workout, on the Allure or Oasis it's the fabulous track or the treadmill on the smaller ships. Then real breakfast in the WJ. Same every day, every cruise and I would not change a thing.

Sleep w/Curtains open so I don't get up until the sun does.

My Cruise Treat is Breakfast Bagel w/Salmon, Cream Creese, Tomato and Capers. If it's a ship that serves that in the CL, we head there. If not, "Hello Room Service..."

Then I try to hit the treadmills before they get too busy. If I time it right I get to watch us come into port during the walk.

My husband is always up very early and goes to take pictures of sunrise and start walking.

I do wake early. Earlier than at home, usually! I go for coffee, walk laps around (usually) the upper deck, joining my husband. Then I go to whatever stretch class they have. Sometimes, they have another free class after that, too.

Then, back to the cabin to freshen up and head to the Windjammer for breakfast.

Sometimes, we have balcony cabins and if that is the case then once or twice we would have early room service.

As some others have mentioned, it is always amusing to see the people staking out lounge chairs early in the morning.

Frequently, it is the husbands and some actually sit there for a while until it is time for breakfast. Oh, the chairs that I could poach! Ha, ha!

I am up early almost every day at home so sleeping in is a luxury I won't forfeit for a sunrise, breakfast or much else.

Ditto! We sleep until about 9:30 on seas days, with a breakfast of pastries and fruit delivered with coffee. Curtains wide open, sitting on the balcony!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

i get up early, go up to pool deck and watch how many people place towels on loungers. Then hurry back to cabin, power up my computer and sign on to cruise critic to tell everyone how many I counted. What we do before heading out to breakfast is very personal and I don't wish to publish it here:):)

My next cruise will be my first in quite a few years, so my routine is not set. However, it will probably go like this: 7:00 a.m. coffee, followed by 7:30 a.m. coffee after which I will wonder why I am up so early during vacation and head back to bed with the DND sign on the door.

jayblue RCCL cruiser

I normally wake up by 6:30 and hubby sleeps a little later. I usually get ready and head up for coffee and then walk around the outside decks for while. I bring 16 oz disposable coffee cups with me so i can have a large cup of coffee instead for the small cups in the WJ.then around 8 I will go back and check to see if hubby is up. Normally he is by then. Them it is off to breakfast in the DR.

Speaking of early rising: on any normal' date=' non work day in my life, you cannot pry me from bed before 8:30. I hate, hate, hate mornings. Not cruising: up before 6:00am and up late into the night/early morning. Too much going on and I'm not missing any if it.[/quote']

That's me too! And I love it. :D