New Princess sale coming

caribill

I'm already booked for May 2015 to alaska, do you think the sale will be for "new bookings only" or will the already booked get any benefits.

If so, you can always cancel and rebook (I have done it). If you have a refundable deposit on your current booking, or the amount you would lose is less then you would save by rebooking, then it can be worth it. Just be sure you factor in any OBC and other discounts you may gain or lose in the process (ie: some sale fares do not give any extra discount for past passengers).

Saw the new sale last night on the Princess site. I woke up very excited and ready to book our first cruise.

So you can now imagine my great disappointment when I find out this morning that every British Isles cruise BUT the one we're taking qualifies for the sale.

Our cruise dates are firm since they coincide with another event. I suppose this falls into the "First World Problem" category. :o

I'll continue to count my blessings - of which there are many!

Kristen

I'm already booked for May 2015 to alaska, do you think the sale will be for "new bookings only" or will the already booked get any benefits.
We booked an Alaska cruise for May 2015 about a month ago. Noticed the price went up on the Princess website a couple of weeks ago. Now, with the new sale the bottom line is back to what we booked. Notice that a lot with Princess sales.

After doing so well on the Caribbean sale over the weekend I was so excited I was up at 0200 checking the sale for our BI cruise next August. Well, we are booked in our TA's "group" rate and the sale did nothing for us at all....but we are almost a year out and there will likely be other sales and promos in the months ahead.:)

Once again, Princess stuffs it to solo cruisers. Tried booking as 2 pax and everything is fine. Try booking it with one pax and "pricing, cabin, date....not available." A few of the offerings are available to solos but not many. :(

Once again, Princess stuffs it to solo cruisers. Tried booking as 2 pax and everything is fine. Try booking it with one pax and "pricing, cabin, date....not available." A few of the offerings are available to solos but not many. :(

Agree. Sales always seem to exclude solos. And price reductions end up costing more since the supplement gets raised so the "sale" ends up costing more. Haven't ever been able to take advantage of a drop in price that others get since the drop in price ends up being an increase for solos. Sigh...maybe someday.

Very happy over the savings we received on our two cruises next year--Spring TA savings was over $400 net savings even though we had to forfeit earlier free gratuities promotion, and our British Isles cruise was a savings of $324 plus $300 OBC. Thanks Princess and even bigger thanks to CC--I would have never known to check fare drops and new sales not to mention the shareholders benefit without the savvy advice from experienced cruisers on CC.

I had an existing reservation for May 12th to Alaska and called to ask if there was any way to apply the new deal to my reservation without changing our room (we are in C752 - Aft cabin). Lovely lady I spoke with said that was no problem, she could apply it. Got us a lower price booked and $75 OBC per person... saved us about $600 overall.

We were just able to get the 3 for free deal and got a big price drop on our balconies from $4353 to $2799. We also now have $585 in OBC and will get $250 more from stock after final payment. A cruise that was very expensive is now a great deal. In addition a couple of weeks ago I was able to book Princess Air for $1137.00 pp from Nashville to London!!:D

Three-for-free Princess sale starts Wednesday.

For Alaska, Europe, Japan

o Free Room Upgrades (Sail in the best stateroom available for the lowest fare within selected stateroom type)

o Free Shore Excursion Spending Money -- $50 to $100 for first two people in a cabin, $25 to $50 for next two people in cabin.

o Free Spending Money -- $25 to $50 for first two people in a cabin, $15 to $30 for next two people in cabin.

Thanks Carbill for posting the info about the Princess Sale. I called Princess this AM and had them reprice our 14 day Baltic next year. BOOM! $1,669 savings from the original booking and additional onboard credits. Major Savings. Thanks again. It pays to keep up to date on Cruise Critic.

Happy Camper

Kevin

I would like to say thanks also. The drop for my cruise tour was about $300 and I received $150 cruise credit. The changes basically make my flight free in a round about way. (I know it doesn't pay for the flight, but it makes that much difference.)

I'm new to all this. My husband and I have booked our first cruise to Alaska in 2015. Looks like we can't get any deals other than 3 and 4th pax discount. No one is going with us..am I missing an opportunity to save here? Is their some deal

I'm not seeing?

Edited by zephyrella14

I'm new to all this. My husband and I have booked our first cruise to Alaska in 2015. Looks like we can't get any deals other than 3 and 4th pax discount. No one is going with us..am I missing an opportunity to save here? Is their some deal

I'm not seeing?

If you click on the 3 Free Offers sale on the Princess website and enter your cruise dates, you should be able to see the savings for your cruise. I believe for Alaska, you get the lowest fare pricing in your category, on board credit and additional credit for excursions. I haven't checked Alaska as we are going to Europe next year on a cruise, but it's part of the same sale.

I'm glad some are getting great deals. No specials for a cruise for two, sadly. But that's alright :) I'll pay the original fare if I have too, I'm just grateful I have the finances to plan a trip like this.

it is showing your cruise is on sale. I would contact whoever is your contact-TA or Princess. Doesn't hurt to check.

I agree - call your TA (or Princess if you booked direct). It doesn't hurt to ask. I wasn't going to call because the sale was for new bookings, but I still got a discount and OBC. The worst thing that happens is you waste 2 minutes of your time calling and being told "no". I will keep my fingers crossed you get lucky though!

We called and found out that our rate for our mini suite (cat MA) on our 2015 Mediterranean cruise through another promotion was actually lower that their "3 for free sale." The additional on board credit we would have received would not have justified us taking a higher cabin rate. Sometimes these sales work out, sometimes they don't. Just like other posts have said, it doesn't hurt to call and see if you can save some $$$$. :D