Help, please!!! Left jewelry in cabin on Liberty.

gkrnjlr

I have a friend that got off the Liberty today from the 8/30 sailing. She got home and realized that she accidentally left a diamond necklace in the cabin.

What are the chances of her being able to get this back? She developed a relationship with the cabin steward....if that helps.

How can she go about contacting the ship's crew to find out if the cabin steward turned it in?

Thanks for any help!

Jennifer

My husband left a silver money clip on our last cruise. I just called the 800 number and they put me in touch with a rep. They called the ship and opened a lost claim for 30 days. It never turned up but I know people who have gotten their stuff back. Carnival is really good about helping you track down items. Good luck and I hope your friend gets her jewelry back.

Edited by geezersgirl

Hate to be a party pooper but you have little or no chance of recovering your jewelry. I left a 1/2 carat pear shaped diamond wedding ring with an anniversary ring on top and bottom. A very expensive ring and very very sentimental! Realized it an hour after we left the ship. Called and reported the loss but no one ever called me back. So So Sad:(

I made the mistake of asking my son to check the closets to see if I had gotten everything he said he checked well he didnt I called Carnival as soon as I got home descibed all the clothes that I had left they opened a claim and I have never heard another word. Guess someone got themselves some new clothes

Several years ago we cruised the Splendor out of Long Beach, and when we got to the car after the cruise we realized that my wife had left her car key in the safe -- black key, black safe bottom.

Went back to VIP check-in, but they said that we couldn't go back on the ship to retrieve, we could file a report.

Apparently all lost items are shipped immediately to Miami, as after we got home I got an e-mail from Carnival that they had the key and they would ship it to us . I think it was UPS for about $8 on my CC. Well worth it, as a replacement key was well over $200.

gary

How can she go about contacting the ship's crew to find out if the cabin steward turned it in?

Try emailing the Carnival Liberty's Guest Services team at liguestservices@carnival.com and be sure to include as much information as possible, including her name, stateroom number and a detailed description of the item.

Hopefully someone will respond to you and assist you further. If not, I hear Corey Rogers, the Cruise Director, is very responsive at licd@carnival.com. Good luck!

Edited by Disconnections

Six weeks after returning home, a package arrived via UPS. A pair of earrings, somewhat valuable, left by me, I think, on the far nightstand. Did not know they were gone, but thankful they were returned. Keep up hope and file an insurance claim. :)

Last year my sister left her cell phone on the Splendor. We replaced her phone thinking it wouldn't be sent back. To our surprise she was contacted and informed her phone was located and it was sent back to her, this was without her contacting Carnival informing them it was left behind. I would say do whatever you need to do to locate the item. Hopefully it will be returned to your friend. Good luck!!:)

It is all about how honest your cabin steward is. Since they know the cabin number all they would have to do is annotate it with that along with the date and the item would make it back to the owner. From the looks of things this does not happen a lot and Carnival could handle the situation better.

It is all about how honest your cabin steward is. Since they know the cabin number all they would have to do is annotate it with that along with the date and the item would make it back to the owner. From the looks of things this does not happen a lot and Carnival could handle the situation better.

Not necessarily. I have lost track of the number of "found" item posts here when the next stateroom occupant finds something left behind and THEY don't turn it in, thinking the ship staff will just keep it...and they decide to try and find the owner themselves.

Its not always the staff's fault an item is never found.

Sorry I can't help your friend but just a reminder to folks- do not travel with any jewelry that is special to you or is valuable. I used to do this but not anymore. I have a whole bunch of nice fake stuff that I take on all of my cruises. If I leave it or lose it I can replace it without going broke.

Sure hope she gets her necklace back.

Tell your friend to try this...

All leftover items recovered on board are forwarded to our Lost & Found Department and kept for 30 days. You can send your inquiry to guestcare@carnival.com. Please provide a detailed description of the item(s) in question as well as the last place seen. We will do everything possible to locate the item(s).

All item(s) that are located will be shipped to guests at their expense (including a $20.00 USD handling fee). A Lost & Found Representative will contact you to make arrangements for delivery.

Hope they found it and return it.. Good Luck

Six weeks after returning home, a package arrived via UPS. A pair of earrings, somewhat valuable, left by me, I think, on the far nightstand. Did not know they were gone, but thankful they were returned. Keep up hope and file an insurance claim. :)

File an insurance claim for losing something? Adding dishonesty to absent-mindedness?

Sending good thoughts. My mom wore 2 rings all the time..I am sure one was coveted by all of us (4 daughters)..my favorite sister on a weak moment took it night she passed. In March she lost it..we reported it..went to all second hand stores..etc..well one never knows..painful lessons on a lot of levels on that one...

If you can have a photo it helps. some things come back,,some we just have to let go..a lost report with police at port might be an idea too...they told us to always make the police report.

Good luck. I do think some insurance policies have "lost item" clauses for things. We gave up on that route for mom's ring. Local artist made it..very special..her dad had made for her...

Edited by sjn911

File an insurance claim for losing something? Adding dishonesty to absent-mindedness?

I don't think this is being dishonest. You can file the claim, but it will denied almost everytime. Some people assume that since it is lost that the insurance will cover it. But most insurance companies will not pay for items left behind or things that were stolen due to the policy holder negligence.

Last March I left BOTH of my camera bags with all the lenses in my room on the Freedom. I realized it about an hour later. We went back to the terminal and begged someone to check the room (as they were still debarking the ship). After waiting for two hours a rep came out to say they found a camera but couldn't tell us if it was ours but it had been shipped to Miami while we were waiting (probably drove right past us).

As it was Sunday and guest services was closed, I had to wait until Monday to call in a claim. The claim was going to be open for 30 days. After following up a few times with nothing, I was called about 25 days later to advise they had found both my cameras. It cost me $35 UPS (as I live in Canada) + $15 duty from Customs but I had it back the next day.:D:D

We had a great room steward who must have turned it in right away. Too bad though, I thought I would have to take that cruise over to get pictures:o