Favorite item on the Seaday Brunch menu?

MaiTaiMary

• 2 weeks later...

I had read so many threads about the sea day brunch that I couldn't wait to try it...I told my new husband (we got married on the cruise) that I wanted to go early so that we could go back later and get it twice...so much hype. Honestly, it was absolutely the worst dining experience I had on the ship. My "free" drink was not what I ordered, my breakfast wasn't what I ordered, my husband's breakfast was not what he ordered and the "pastries" were dry and inedible. I was completely bummed as I always swear the food is the best part of cruising and those who complain are just never happy....I will say, that I most likely won't waste my time having sea day brunch again...it really was the only negative on our cruise and I'd prefer to have no negative....

I always order the Flamin' Tomato Soup and Hen a'la Diavola - yummy. It's definitely not chicken, it's a small game hen, so you do have to pick it off the bones, but I love it.

DH always gets the Steak & Eggs. From looking at it, I'm considering ordering the steak & eggs, with the eggs poached with a side of Hollandaise, like a mash-up of Steak & Eggs Benedict!

We loved the pork chop! Here are some pictures! ImageUploadedByForums1413860482.424347.jpg.21a922bacd4493cda666d1095aa998d5.jpg here is the pork chop!

ImageUploadedByForums1413860515.196590.jpg.0436673dd6d9c6911c313b87139f9f52.jpg steak and eggs-- it was ok-- nothing to write home about-- the steak is more like a 2 inch steak medallion!

ImageUploadedByForums1413860574.690210.jpg.760916247638235395969c7fc994e19f.jpg fruit loops French toast-- again looks better than it tastes

ImageUploadedByForums1413860616.693906.jpg.c12ae36407ec26b8b528de3b9a266ccb.jpg eggs Benedict --- would have been better to ask for the hollandaise sauce on the side so they don't bake it!

ImageUploadedByForums1413860683.911040.jpg.0184517bffda0089062b4cbe7b6a4408.jpg some kind of pasta in tomatoe sauce with fried cheese on top- husband said it was pretty good

ImageUploadedByForums1413860732.281164.jpg.637da7188a37d01aa743b899979edb13.jpg bacon Mac and cheese-- just there-- the bacon was good tho! Hope this helps!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We loved the pork chop! Here are some pictures! [ATTACH]328541[/ATTACH] here is the pork chop!

[ATTACH]328542[/ATTACH] steak and eggs-- it was ok-- nothing to write home about-- the steak is more like a 2 inch steak medallion!

[ATTACH]328543[/ATTACH] fruit loops French toast-- again looks better than it tastes

[ATTACH]328544[/ATTACH] eggs Benedict --- would have been better to ask for the hollandaise sauce on the side so they don't bake it!

[ATTACH]328545[/ATTACH] some kind of pasta in tomatoe sauce with fried cheese on top- husband said it was pretty good

[ATTACH]328546[/ATTACH] bacon Mac and cheese-- just there-- the bacon was good tho! Hope this helps!! :)

Mmmmm,mmmmm

Can't wait to try it! Sailing in 5 days.

With four sea days on my upcoming cruise, I can't wait to try some of these delicious sounding and looking items. I hope to try the flamin' tomato soup, bagel breakfast, eggs benedict at least, and if I still have room, that banana pie sounds very good.:)

The tomato soup was very good. I recommend it. I also had the eggs benedict, which were alright.

I enjoy well really I love the brunch- I will usually go early and eat and then go back later and eat again that way I can enjoy multiple items and not be over stuffed. It's all about strategy 😉 some of my favorites are the pastries, steak and eggs, cheese grits, mac and cheese, etc.