Royal Caribbean Are You Listening?

ReneeFLL

Dear Adam.

Refit all ships with a safe door on the closet, that way we can lock everything up.

Better yet we can use are magic bands to open it no more pass codes

Sent from Cruise Critic App

Sea Locker...

Not alot of JR suites to check should someone on board want to.

And judging by their nickname / Signature... its Renee & Mike from FLL staying in a JR Suite. Not too hard to figure out

What do you mean by "check"? Exactly how do you propose somebody check this information?

If you're talking about other passengers figuring this out, I'm still not sure how even knowing that there's a Renee and Mike in a JS would tell anybody anything. It's not like they can go ask guest services. And even if they could somehow figure it out, how do you propose they would get into Renee and Mike's room?

If you're talking about a room steward figuring this out, I'm sure they see valuables left in rooms all the time. This is nothing new.

And in either of these cases, you're depending on the potential crook being on CC and seeing this thread during the cruise. Pretty far-fetched.

Not alot of JR suites to check should someone on board want to.

And judging by their nickname / Signature... its Renee & Mike from FLL staying in a JR Suite. Not too hard to figure out

Just look for the person walking around with an iPad since they can't leave it in their room.

I leave iPad, iPhone, Mac air on the desk all the time. Nobody has ever touched them. My girl left her diamond ring on the night stand one morning and when we got back the room it was clean and ring was on the night stand where she left it. All I put in the safe is passport and cash.

We are on Vision of the Seas. I would like to know who makes the decision about the safes in the rooms? We are in a jr. suite and the safe is so small you can't even get an ipad in it. :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad: :eek: What are we supposed to do with our valuables? I hope everyone who has access to our room is very trustworthy. Someone really dropped the ball on this one. They should be in one of these rooms with their valuables. I am sure they wouldn't like it either. When will this be fixed?

Who else is upset with the size of the safes? Do the larger suites have larger safes? Lets let RC know this is unacceptable.

Renee

I have heard they will refund your fare if you are unhappy. Contact the Purser for details.

I don't think it is either

A: Totally unreasonable to expect safe storage for a tablet; they have been on the market a number of years now in fairly standard sizes. As ships increase WiFi capability even more tablets and smart devices will be brought on board; items that exceed the capacity of wallet/jewelry/cash/cell phone sized safe.

B: May be something a lot of people wouldn't otherwise consider until they are confronted with it.

I'm not going to take the baton on this cause, but I honestly see nothing wrong with OP sharing their comments and feelings. But it does make one beg the question of the optimum color.

What do you mean by "check"? Exactly how do you propose somebody check this information?

If you're talking about other passengers figuring this out, I'm still not sure how even knowing that there's a Renee and Mike in a JS would tell anybody anything. It's not like they can go ask guest services. And even if they could somehow figure it out, how do you propose they would get into Renee and Mike's room?

If you're talking about a room steward figuring this out, I'm sure they see valuables left in rooms all the time. This is nothing new.

And in either of these cases, you're depending on the potential crook being on CC and seeing this thread during the cruise. Pretty far-fetched.

I think you're overthinking this. :rolleyes:

The OP never came back, after going downstairs, to let us know if Royal Caribbean is listening. :cool:

Her ipad was probably stolen. :D

I carry my ipad with me, it takes pictures. I leave nothing in the room of value when I'm off the boat, on the boat everything is in my purse or in the safe while inboard only... i dont bring expensive jewelry on board. Passport and birth stuff with me all the time.

Wait,what, There are safes in rooms? No wonder my food would never warm up. RC forget my email about the microwave not working on last few cruises...:eek::rolleyes:

Thank you for my first true LOL all day. Be that I have truly laughed after 18 hours awake, I can go to sleep happy. :D

In our very small inside cabin on Vision recently, I fit an Ipad, an Ipad mini, my small purse, DH's wallet, and my jewelry in the safe. I had no idea that was the one big thing we got in that room or that safes would come in different sizes on the same ship. What were they saving room for in a larger cabin? I do think both Apple devices could have just been left out or in a drawer without the cabin stewards being tempted to take them.