Has RCCL been hacked?

04cruises

Our daughter received an email today from: Royal Caribbean International Express Notification Alerts with boarding instructions on our upcoming Allure of the Seas cruise this Sunday. The only place that our daughter's email address is available is as our emergency contact person on our on-line check in. Why and how did she receive this email that should be sent to us?

Has anybody else received an email from this email address? It did have a place to click to confirm receipt. With the amount of scams going on we are curious to see how this happened. Again, her email address only appears on our on-line check in. Should this be something we should make RCCl aware of?

Our daughter received an email today from: Royal Caribbean International Express Notification Alerts with boarding instructions on our upcoming Allure of the Seas cruise this Sunday. The only place that our daughter's email address is available is as our emergency contact person on our on-line check in. Why and how did she receive this email that should be sent to us?

Has anybody else received an email from this email address? It did have a place to click to confirm receipt. With the amount of scams going on we are curious to see how this happened. Again, her email address only appears on our on-line check in. Should this be something we should make RCCl aware of?

We had the same thing happen a couple months ago. I believe RCL just has some issues with their software sending to the wrong party.

I wouldn't worry about it, I'm pretty sure it's yet another glitch. I've gotten a few strange emails from them lately: my courtesy hold is expiring (didn't have one), a survey about my phone call with someone with a distinctly female name (the call I had was with a man), and a couple others I can't specifically recall. I just roll my eyes and hit delete. Not sure why their IT department can't get it right. It's worse than IT where I work! :p Remember last week Christmas in January and Thanksgiving in October? LOL. :rolleyes:

My NINE year old niece got repeated emails to purchase a drink package on our last cruise (she was a 5th person in two room suite with her own reservation number [RCI can only put 4 peeps max to a ressie]). So it's not surprising to me. When emailing the MDR to request a table by the window, they sent back a confirmation with our table number and listed her as age 50 and my college aged daughters as 104...I wouldn't sweat it.:p

RCCL has been sending out lots of strange emails lately. Many people in our group got emails telling them to pick their times for My Time Dining; but we're all listed and confirmed for first seating.

I got that email too and was irritated because I'm definitely signed up for the late seating!

RCCL has been sending out lots of strange emails lately. Many people in our group got emails telling them to pick their times for My Time Dining; but we're all listed and confirmed for first seating.

Yep, we got that email...also show confirmed for early seating.

Edited by CMurph

I received an email today from them. It was an invoice but I paid the balance of my cruise weeks ago. I can't open the invoice on the iPad so I haven't checked to see what it could be for.

The last time I received an invoice that I didn't ask for it was because I was upgraded.

Last week I got an e-mail about my one night cruise coming up in 2019! Oh, and I was demoted to Gold from Diamond. LOL

I really don't think it's fair to the rest of us that we can only book cruises into 2016, and you are already booked in 2019!;)

this is beyond ridiculous :mad:

RCI really needs to get their act together. I shouldn't have to be so nervous about something getting screwed up on my two upcoming cruises. I'm scared to check my reservations for fear they'll either disappear or double in price, and I can't book the shore excursion I want because they have it listed on a sea day :rolleyes:

My 2015 cruises are the last I have booked on RCI. Other than the final sailing of the Majesty in 2016 or maybe 2017, I don't see myself booking more with them until they get these issues straightened out. There are just too many problems. People are having cabins taken away from them, pre-reserved shows and dining are being messed up, and it goes on and on and on.

RCI really needs to get their act together. I shouldn't have to be so nervous about something getting screwed up on my two upcoming cruises. I'm scared to check my reservations for fear they'll either disappear or double in price, and I can't book the shore excursion I want because they have it listed on a sea day :rolleyes:

My 2015 cruises are the last I have booked on RCI. Other than the final sailing of the Majesty in 2016 or maybe 2017, I don't see myself booking more with them until they get these issues straightened out. There are just too many problems. People are having cabins taken away from them, pre-reserved shows and dining are being messed up, and it goes on and on and on.

Wile I totally agree with your post, I got a good laugh at the OP's question of the website being hacked. I think if the website was hacked they'd go after information, not email your emergency contact about a cruise...

A few emails gone wild and a huge IT change over (takes 2 years to bring things back to where they were) are not going to keep me from cruising RCI They have always been pretty accommodating. I would love to be booked in 2017 or 2019 but am for 2015 & 2016! :p

A few emails gone wild and a huge IT change over (takes 2 years to bring things back to where they were) are not going to keep me from cruising RCI They have always been pretty accommodating. I would love to be booked in 2017 or 2019 but am for 2015 & 2016! :p

It's not just the IT issues. Oh sure, I'll probably be sailing on them in 2017 and beyond, just not exclusively and probably not even the majority of sailings. The overall service level has plummeted since my first cruise with them in 2004.

It's not just the IT issues. Oh sure, I'll probably be sailing on them in 2017 and beyond, just not exclusively and probably not even the majority of sailings. The overall service level has plummeted since my first cruise with them in 2004.

Agreed. IMO the only thing they have going for them at this point is the ships. I'm much more partial to resorts over cruises than even five years ago. The only reason we cruise anymore is the feeling of being at sea. The quality and atmosphere has totally plummeted.

I just roll my eyes and hit delete. Not sure why their IT department can't get it right. It's worse than IT where I work! :p Remember last week Christmas in January and Thanksgiving in October? LOL. :rolleyes:

But....Thanksgiving IS in October....where I live....:p;)

:D

I dunno - so far I find the IT glitches more amusing than anything else. Like my T-day cruise becoming a New Year's Cruise. None of the glitches has resulted in anything permanent being screwed up with any of my reservations. If you keep the emails with your cruise invoices, you have proof of what you have booked and when. The couple of times something has gone awry, I call and it's fixed.

But yes, they really should hire some IT people that know what they're doing.

So have all the other massed produced cruise lines plummeted since 2004;)

We have people on our Quantum sailing whose reservation was canceled, somehow they caught it and reassigned them to a room in the forward area of the ship. After much conversation, they did move them.

We have all had reservations made on my next two cruises go missing or be changed. I finally got docs today for a trip I leave on in two weeks. These web and computer programmers would be fired anywhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk