Unlimited Dining Package

cb140

We are booked on Celebrity Reflection next August, and we are interested in having the Unlimited Dining package. We just asked our TA to book it for us, and he's just emailed to say that he's contacted Celebrity and was told that you can only book these on the ship - he advised us just to get to the ship early and sort it out ASAP.

Is this right? Has anyone managed to book one in advance?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It's called the "Ultimate Dining Package". The specialty dining folks are right by the boarding door as you first enter the ship. Talk to them as you board and they will sign you up and put a sticker on your seapass.

We had it on the Eclipse 14 day Caribbean cruise. It's $29 per person per day. We have not eaten in the main dining room for our last 8 Celebrity cruises. We thought the Ultimate Package was a great deal!

Agree with most of the postings. You can only book the Ultimate on board, do it when you get on, then line up your bookings. We did it through the Suite Consigner. You can pick any of the venues in any order, or do just the same one every night, but that would be boring. Additionally, you will likely get invitations to lunches that are held on sea days in some of the restaurants. With the Ultimate we also got unlimited use of the crepe eatery which was great for some unrushed breakfast and lunch stops. We did this on a 14 day transatlantic and also paid $29 per person per day. As we were in a Royal Suite that included two Specialty dinners, we only paid for 12 nights. I was told there were about 30 people doing this on our cruise. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

We did 'Ultimate' pkg in April on Reflection at $29pp/day, buying on boarding around noon.

We found it a bit of 'too much of a good thing' eating big meals every night. Especially true the day we had BOTH lunch (Murano) and dinner (Tuscan). BURP!! I would only do it again on a ship with 4 specialty restaurants to rotate thru to reduce repetition. But we liked Silk Harvest and many are not too keen on it.

BTW in Tuscan you can get a pasta entree as an appetizer portion - their alfredo ravioli was nice but so filling and it would have been a waste if I had the entree portion.

You get free Bistro-5 restaurant with the pkg but a couple servers there were unaware and mgr had to adjust.

They do limit the number of 'ultimates' sold given the level of pre-booking of online -3-4-5 pkgs and also allowing some space for 'walk-ins'.

GOOD LUCK

We opted for this on our 2/14 sailing on Reflection. We pre booked a speciality dining venue each night pre cruise to get the times we wanted, and once on board transferred them to the ultimate package and the $$ difference was given back as an OB credit. We are planning on doing this on our 11/14 sailing as well.

We opted for this on our 2/14 sailing on Reflection. We pre booked a speciality dining venue each night pre cruise to get the times we wanted, and once on board transferred them to the ultimate package and the $$ difference was given back as an OB credit. We are planning on doing this on our 11/14 sailing as well.

You have let the secret out of the bag, the way to achieve the Ultimate Dining Package before you sail. We have done exactly this on our past three cruises.

Is the unlimited available on 14 day eclipse cruises? If so anyone know how much? I was getting ready to buy the 5 meal plan but didn't know about the unlimited. We are not big fans of MDR food.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

The cost on our last Silhouette cruise was $29 pp per day. You can have lunch/breakfast at Bistro on five in addition to any speciality dining venue for dinner. During the cruise, typically a couple of speciality restaurants have special lunches during the cruise, which you might want to also enjoy. Also, you can join in the high tea which is included in the package.

We will also be on the Eclipse for two weeks in January, and will, when on board the unlimited dining package.

We really enjoy it!

Enjoy your cruise

Edited by Cruise a holic

Im glad many enjoy eating at the speciality restaurants every day, but Im very pleased with the MDR,choices, presentation and quality, and looking forward to the MDR next week on Eclipse. If people are not happy with the MDR maybe other lines may suit better and once you factor in the dining package fee is Celebrity the best value?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by kevinyork

I have been reading the package offerings. We usually enjoy Specialty Dining while on baord.

How does this work, it seems you are assigned the first night and then you are limited to one dinner here and one dinner there?

On this thread, with a prepurchased package, I am getting the impression that one can pick what they want, except for the first night, even though the website defines the venue and how many times it may be dined in.

Is there a greater latitude or is the website correct that it is as it says.

Thanks for any clarifications.

You can't buy the unlimited dining package until you board the ship and then you arrange when you will eat where.

The meal packages you buy before the cruise each have their own rules....like they pick the first restaurant, etc.

If you call celebrity and just book specialty

Restaurants without the 3,4, or 5 dinner

Specials, you can book every night including the

First night. You pick what ever you want.

This only works if you are planning on

Doing the ultimate dining as you do not get

Price reduction by booking individually.