Buying airline ticket to Fort Lauderdale???

bigmama9224

Most people know prices fluctuate. There are threads every week (at least) here on Cruise Air about "when should I book to get the lowest price??", which automatically means they know prices can vary. T.

members HERE represent less then 1% of the sailing public.

So I agree that MOST people here know about the prices and how they work- the general public-- the other 70 people on that plane with you-- not so much

So I agree that MOST people here know about the prices and how they work- the general public-- the other 70 people on that plane with you-- not so much

I would argue that 95% of people flying know prices fluctuate. It's one of the biggest complaints. But this is just semantics at this point.

I have done that for the past decade or two- its not going to change at least for me- best days of the week to check and book air fare is Tuesday and Wednesday and I ALWAYS track a flight
it depends on the hub that you are looking. No matter where I am looking to go- flights are always-- and i mean ALWAyS cheaper on Tuesday and Wednesdays.
Just ask yourself this: If you need to fly on a specific date, and tickets for that flight were always cheaper to buy on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, why would anyone ever buy a ticket for that flight on any other day of the week? And why would the airline willingly take less money for those tickets by persisting with this pricing pattern, when it could make more money by charging more on Tuesdays and Wednesdays?

If you really think that your theory is correct, why don't you post some details?

Tell us a flight that you've booked, and what you paid for it. And then let us know how much a new ticket is for that flight, day by day for five or six weeks. Then we can see whether it really is cheaper to book on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

70 people on a plane? Where are you flying from? I have not seen those little planes in many years. I have noticed on most flights that they are much fuller than they were 4-5 years ago. If you get bumped, there are no seats on the next or the next. It also seems there are more cancellations than there used to be and almost never do you get offers to fly on another airline when your seat vanishes for some reason. I guess that since I fly just about monthly as a retired person -- that most of the folks on the plane fly more often than I do.

I do not have any idea why Tuesday at 3 PM got started. I started a thread on it when Brian Williams had the ridiculous article on it last month. The world goes in real time. They know what you are watching and bring that up the next time you sign in to web site. I have seen prices go up and down in just an hour on the web site for the same flights. They are in Real Time! Go ahead and buy on Tuesday and Wednesday-- leaves the rest of the week for me.

I think the "Tuesday afternoon" myth is actually quite useful. I know when to act and avoid the rush and higher fares. It's a great idea for the airlines to promulgate this...Tuesday/Wednesday are slow booking days and creating froth helps level the week.

70 people on a plane? Where are you flying from? I have not seen those little planes in many years. I have noticed on most flights that they are much fuller than they were 4-5 years ago. If you get bumped, there are no seats on the next or the next. It also seems there are more cancellations than there used to be and almost never do you get offers to fly on another airline when your seat vanishes for some reason. I guess that since I fly just about monthly as a retired person -- that most of the folks on the plane fly more often than I do.

I do not have any idea why Tuesday at 3 PM got started. I started a thread on it when Brian Williams had the ridiculous article on it last month. The world goes in real time. They know what you are watching and bring that up the next time you sign in to web site. I have seen prices go up and down in just an hour on the web site for the same flights. They are in Real Time! Go ahead and buy on Tuesday and Wednesday-- leaves the rest of the week for me.

70 people isn't really that small...CRJ-700s, for example, have around 70 and there are tons of them. Plenty of 50 seat planes around too. And by plenty, I mean tons.

70 people isn't really that small...CRJ-700s, for example, have around 70 and there are tons of them. Plenty of 50 seat planes around too. And by plenty, I mean tons.
If all you fly are WN 737s, then the CRJs are small.

OTOH, if you only fly on Emirates A380s, then the 737 is "small".

If all you fly are WN 737s, then the CRJs are small.

OTOH, if you only fly on Emirates A380s, then the 737 is "small".

Reminds me of waiting at the gate for our ZRH-IST flight a couple of months ago. Our plane was a Turkish Airlines' A320 I believe, while at the next gate there was an Emirates A380. Quite the contrast!

I usually wait and shop price but since I'm cruising within hours of the airplane's arrival, I chose to let HAL make that reservation for me. If anything goes wrong and I miss the cruise, they will arrange to get me there to the next port at their cost. Kind of like, insurance?

I usually wait and shop price but since I'm cruising within hours of the airplane's arrival, I chose to let HAL make that reservation for me. If anything goes wrong and I miss the cruise, they will arrange to get me there to the next port at their cost. Kind of like, insurance?

No, it's not insurance and this isn't true. Please read your documentation carefully; there is no guarantee they will do this.

From your cruise contract:

Liability and Relationship With Airlines:... Our relationship with airlines is that of an independent travel agent. We assume no liability for any acts or omissions of any airline including, without limitation, those involving cancellation of flights, schedule changes, re-routings, damage to or delay or loss of baggage, flight delays, equipment failures, accidents, pilot or other staff shortages, overbooking or computer errors. Accordingly, you will not have any right to claim or recover against us as a consequence of any act or omission of any airline. The liabilities and obligations of an airline to you, and your rights against an airline, are subject to any and all terms and conditions of the airline's ticket and tariffs and any and all governmental laws and regulations bearing upon or otherwise relating to such rights, liabilities and obligations

I don't see anything that says they will pay to get you to your next port. Suggest you purchase trip insurance.

Edited by 6rugrats

I need to find a dead horse to beat.

Wishful thinking! This just isn't true.

Reminds me of waiting at the gate for our ZRH-IST flight a couple of months ago. Our plane was a Turkish Airlines' A320 I believe, while at the next gate there was an Emirates A380. Quite the contrast!
A bit like this?

14jrod4.jpg

[Clicky to image source.]

A bit like this?

14jrod4.jpg

[Clicky to image source.]

Back in high school I spent a summer at an aviation camp. I was taxiing out in a four-seat Cessna 172, and we crossed taxiways past a cargo (Atlas? I don't remember) 747-400. I about had to change my underpants.

Also being on a CRJ-200 that taxied past an A380 a couple years back was...interesting...

Where was this pic taken? The BA380 and a small BA bird with a Hawaiian Airlines plane in the back is weird. I didn't think BA flew anything "small" to the US.

Toulouse, I assume.

The A320 in the foreground is wearing an "F-" registration indicating BA are yet to take delivery of it as it'd then revert over to a "G-" registration.

Where was this pic taken? The BA380 and a small BA bird with a Hawaiian Airlines plane in the back is weird. I didn't think BA flew anything "small" to the US.

If you click the image (per the caption) it will link to info. It's at the delivery center. The farthest tail on the right is the A350 tail. I don't recognize the gold tail.