Missing Half Moon Cay?

Seany527

With a hurricane probably forming in the Atlantic, it looks like our stop at Half Moon Cay might not happen on 10/19. (Maybe I'm wrong though- I don't usually follow hurricanes).

For those of you who were not able to tender to port, how was the morale on the boat that? Did Carnival have more activities to do on the ship and update the Fun Times?

RE: your question about what they do if they skip a port. They will announce the change and then usually re-publish the Funtimes with new activities and times etc. for a seaday. Or if you're lucky and they know soon enough ahead of time they may substitute a different port if there is space available for them to do so.

Or if you're lucky and they know soon enough ahead of time they may substitute a different port if there is space available for them to do so.

Didn't know this. Glad I asked. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

RE: your question about what they do if they skip a port. They will announce the change and then usually re-publish the Funtimes with new activities and times etc. for a seaday. Or if you're lucky and they know soon enough ahead of time they may substitute a different port if there is space available for them to do so.

Don't get your hopes up. The substitute port is usually Nassau.

With a hurricane probably forming in the Atlantic, it looks like our stop at Half Moon Cay might not happen on 10/19. (Maybe I'm wrong though- I don't usually follow hurricanes).

For those of you who were not able to tender to port, how was the morale on the boat that? Did Carnival have more activities to do on the ship and update the Fun Times?

We are on the Glory with you so just waiting to see.

Seany527, I'll be on the Glory that week also. Looks like the system is going to turn up to the Northeast and won't affect us. There's another little system behind it, but I don't think that one will impact us either. Hopefully we'll have a wonderful sunny day in HMC very soon.

We're on the same cruise as you are and "Soooo looking forward to it."

The best I can say is - go with the flow.

Still time for the storms change direction and they go "North"

Tropical Weather Outlook Text

TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK

NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL

800 PM EDT FRI OCT 10 2014

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Subtropical

Storm Fay, located several hundred miles south of Bermuda.

1. Showers and thunderstorms have become a little better organized in

association with a tropical wave located about 600 miles east of the

Lesser Antilles. Further development is possible over the

weekend, with environmental conditions becoming more conducive for

tropical cyclone formation by early next week. This system is

expected to move west-northwestward at about 10 mph for the next

couple of days and interests in the Leeward Islands and Puerto Rico

should monitor the progress of this system.

* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.

* Formation chance through 5 days...high...60 percent.

2. Disorganized showers and thunderstorms located several hundred miles

west of the Cape Verde Islands are associated with a westward-moving

tropical wave. Upper-level winds are not favorable, and significant

development of this system is unlikely.

* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.

* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent

Edited by canadiancruiser13

If you miss HMC, you will have a typical sea day likely.

My last cruise in 2012 we missed HMC. It was raining so hard and waves were huge ..we were sailing past the island and we couldn't see it. Everyone was mostly bummed. That was the main island we wanted to go to. It ended up being a typical sea day. Carnival did arrange to make an extra stop at Freeport the next day. We took a cab ride to a nice beach and enjoyed the day. We still had a great cruise! :)

my last Bahaman cruise we missed HMC because of high winds (could not tender), so they added the stop to Freeport. nothing near the port, but we took a bus to Port Lucaya and had a great day. it is what you make of it.

We're scheduled to be at HMC on Wednesday.

I'm not too worried about Fay now since she will be moving well away from the area by then...only threat would be wave-action.

I AM worried about "Disturbance 1," which may well affect our HMC and Grand Turk stops. If there's too much wind, they have to miss Grand Turk since the docking "fairway" is too narrow and there is no pilot service.

If i have to miss HMC I would prefer a day in Freeport than another sea day-because I have not been to Freeport yet.:) But it looks like your storm is heading north.

I would take a day at sea in a heartbeat over Freeport. Many much better places to go

We were on the Fantasy Aug23-30 and missed HMC because of rough waters and could not tender. We just had to suffer thru an extra sea day. Wasn't happy, but Carnival can't control the weather.

Misslucy01

As long as the sea day included the brunch, I would be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We missed HMC last cruise :( but we got extra time in St. Thomas :D and refunded port fees which bought a couple of drinks :p. I enjoyed the ship time and the fact we were heading to Sunshine. It would have been cloudy had we been able to tender.