What colors mean what on Boarding Passes

madjohn

I noticed different boarding passes are different colors. I figure it tells what circle cruise level you are. No where on my pass does it say. So what do the different colors mean. My reason is on my personalizer at one place it says ruby and on another platinum. It should be platinum. The only real benefit I see to this is possibly the boarding and would hate to miss the one benefit I see value in.

I noticed different boarding passes are different colors. I figure it tells what circle cruise level you are. No where on my pass does it say. So what do the different colors mean. My reason is on my personalizer at one place it says ruby and on another platinum. It should be platinum. The only real benefit I see to this is possibly the boarding and would hate to miss the one benefit I see value in.

Your boarding pass will say "preferred" and have a green band.

Don't forget the free internet minutes!! That is more important to me than getting on 15 minutes before everyone else.

The color does not matter as much as whether it says "Boarding Pass" or "Preferred Boarding Pass."

They really just indicates if you can get on the preferred check-in line or not. (And often the regular line may be shorter.)

Once you have been given your cruise card, its color will let the ground personnel know if you actually get preferred boarding or not.

(And you should call Princess to make sure that "ruby" is changed to "Platinum" where you see it on the Personalizer.)

Interesting. I've never noticed the colour of boarding passes. I'll look more closely next cruise.

Only the band at the top is colored.

And it does not matter if you print it in just black and white.

Edited by caribill

The green stripe on the top and the word "Preferred" mean that you have preferred boarding. This is people who have a full suite or are Elite or Platinum in the Captain's Circle.

A blue stripe is for all others.

No stripe means you do not have a color printer. :)

Don't forget that the boarding pass is just for check in. Once you check in and receive your cruise card, that will determine your actual boarding priority. In some ports, Elite are in one section, Platinum in another and general boarding in another.

We have the green Preferred boarding pass, but our children and grandchildren do not have the green boarding pass. Will they allow us all to check in together as I actually have the credit card that is required to be presented at their check in? Or will we all need to go to general check in line?

Are they in the same cabin as you? Of so, they can checkin with you in the preferred line.

If not, it will depend on the person directing traffic. Even if they check in with you, they will probably be directed to the regular boarding area, while you go to the preferred area.

This is my first boarding pass that would have that green boarder. Was tempted to buy ink to print in color. But then I remembered by the time I get to the port it never matters. I always just walk on.. right on to my cabin.

So no new ink for me.

...it will depend on the person directing traffic. Even if they check in with you, they will probably be directed to the regular boarding area, while you go to the preferred area.

The key word here is "probably." It really does depend on the staff on the pier. Playing politely dumb is better than assuming you can't do something. We had blue, ruby, platinum and elite in one group. We were busted up to check in but they then boarded us all together under my elite. Go figure...