TS Gonzalo ( soon hurricane ) heading for Bermuda

sebas030

Good morning all,

A new Tropical Storm, Gonzalo, is heading towards Bermuda.

It should be a Hurricane during the day tomorrow and is expected to be a strong one...and is heading straight for Bermuda. The eye of the storm could be over Bermuda Sunday morning, but the winds should be present on the Island beginning Friday.

On the news in Bermuda they are already beginning to talk about it as a serious threat.

From TS Fay, there is still about 8000 person without power this morning...

<a href=TSGonzalo1_zps090d5fa6.jpg' alt='TSGonza

Edited by sebas030

The TS Gonzalo is now a Hurricane... :(

The new predicted path puts it right over the island in the night of Friday to Saturday...

My thoughts are with all the residents...

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

The TS Gonzalo is now a Hurricane... :(

The new predicted path puts it right over the island in the night of Friday to Saturday...

My thoughts are with all the residents...

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Yes, scarey. Our friend is getting ready for the next onslaught.

Yup, I think Fay was the dress rehearsal for Gonzalo. Hoping he turns and misses us. Last thing we need right now is another storm. I didn't prepare for Fay (aside from digging out some flashlights and pulling the bbq into the house on Saturday evening) but will definitely be preparing for Gonzalo, should he choose to visit us.

One good thing about Fay, she took all the heat and humidity with her. Loving the cooler weather we're experiencing right now!

Yup, I think Fay was the dress rehearsal for Gonzalo. Hoping he turns and misses us. Last thing we need right now is another storm. I didn't prepare for Fay (aside from digging out some flashlights and pulling the bbq into the house on Saturday evening) but will definitely be preparing for Gonzalo, should he choose to visit us.

One good thing about Fay, she took all the heat and humidity with her. Loving the cooler weather we're experiencing right now!

stay safe......

Latest forecast confirms the path for a straight hit on Bermuda around noon Friday.

The Hurricane will be classified as a MAJOR Hurricane with sustained winds ABOVE 110mph :eek:

<a href=Gonzalo3_zps28bfc594.jpg' alt='Gonzalo3_

Please, all residents, stay safe, prepare and secure your house...my thoughts are with you.

Latest news....

2pm Friday should be the time when Gonzalo, a category 4 Major Hurricane with sustained winds of 130-155 mph, will impact Bermuda.

The predicted path is clear...right over the Island....

A category 4 Hurricane is twice as more powerful as TS Fay was a few days ago near Bermuda.

<a href=Gonzalo4_zpsd1ae00da.jpg' alt='Gonzalo4_

Please, be safe in Bermuda.

FWIW, the storm is expected to be back down to category 3 when it passes over Bermuda. The Bermuda Weather Service's map shows details that the National Hurricane Center map does not. BWS takes information from NHC's technical forecast discussion and puts the data on their map, while NHC does not for some reason.

http://weather.bm/maps/TropicalStormInfo.asp?WTNTnum=WTNT23&20141014231346

Cat 3 is still a very powerful storm, but obviously not as bad as a cat 4.

Edited by njhorseman

After a fabulous three days there on Summit, last month, Bermuda and her wonderful residents have a special place in our hearts. So, stay safe folks -- hopefully this one will take an unexpected turn, and pass you by. We're looking forward to returning for another visit, next May. :)

You are in my prayers, beautiful Bermuda. I pray that God keeps you all safe and sound and protects your island during this horrible storm. Bermuda is a small piece of heaven here on earth. She is my very favorite place to visit. Keep her safe, God, so we can continue to enjoy our visits. Please protect all of her residents.

Just watched AIDALuna depart.

Praying for a miracle to happen and the storm blows away from Bermuda.

We were there in July and had one of our favorite family vacations.

Plan on going back next year.

Stay safe!!!

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

You are in my prayers, beautiful Bermuda. I pray that God keeps you all safe and sound and protects your island during this horrible storm. Bermuda is a small piece of heaven here on earth. She is my very favorite place to visit. Keep her safe, God, so we can continue to enjoy our visits. Please protect all of her residents.

Our thoughts are the same.. stay safe