New oasis photos 10/14/15

The rccl Web states that Coastal Kitchen is for Jr. Sunite and above . Not sure how they divide the restaurant from the suite lounge. Which is for grand suite and above

That is only on Quantum. On Oasis/Allure it is for Grand Suite and above, and Pinnacle.

On Web site click DO to view restaurants. Then click coastal kitchen and then the tab Details. It states that Coastal Kitchen is for jr. Suite and above. As it is for Quantum

Probably mistakenly links to the info created for the Quantum.

Look at the deck 17 plans on POST # 23 oN this page…states Grand Suite and above plus Pinnacle.

Edited by beachnative

i don't know why, but I'd never noticed that there was no Ben and Jerry's on this class of ship. Do they still charge for the "Cups and scoops" Ice cream?

BTW they haven´t changed the name "Ice Cream Parlor" to "Cups and Scoops". No redecoration at all. It´s just that they now sell the cupcakes there and other ice cream, meaning Ben & Jerry´s instead of the former "hand" made ice cream.

steamboats

On Web site click DO to view restaurants. Then click coastal kitchen and then the tab Details. It states that Coastal Kitchen is for jr. Suite and above. As it is for Quantum

Coastal is GS and above and Pinnacle only on Oasis and Allure

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Misc/14040643_Oasis_Class_General_FAQ.pdf

Scroll to page 15

Deck plan says GS and above. http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/RCI_Deck_Plans/Oasis_v2013_sep_profile_1535.pdf

Edited by Spurschick

Is there any complimentary restaurant on oasis that serves a grilled steak/filet

If you have access to coastal kitchen they offer a filet mignon.

I read somewhere (but can't remember where:confused:) that each restaurant would rotate the menu to a different menu halfway through the cruise. Also each restaurant would have a few alternative choices.

Obviously at this stage can't confirm, but my interpretation may be that these alternative options are based along the lines of the items that used to exist on the MDR menu that remained fixed everyday ie the steak, chicken option etc. that was on the right hand side of the menu.

Quick question: Will the doughnuts be available still? I have read they will be in a self service place across from the hot dogs, but have not seen any other mention since then.

Anyone know?

I've read they will stil have donuts on the Boardwalk.

Quick question: Will the doughnuts be available still? I have read they will be in a self service place across from the hot dogs, but have not seen any other mention since then.

Anyone know?

I will email DH and remind him to check on the donuts.

steamboats

I read somewhere (but can't remember where:confused:) that each restaurant would rotate the menu to a different menu halfway through the cruise. Also each restaurant would have a few alternative choices.

I read the same thing. I probably could chase this, but FWIW, this makes sense. Certainly on Oasis where there are only 3 major restaurants, even if a pax were to evenly rotate, this would mean that they visit each restaurant at least twice. So having a different menu mid week makes for a different experience on a later visit.

The info from RCI indicates that there will be a new (enhanced?) sundeck for suite passengers. We're in a CLS in March, and I'm wondering what the suites' sundeck will be like (now) when we're on board. Would be possible to take and post a picture?

Also, based on your pictures it looks like the Coastal Kitchen and the Suites Lounge are really one big room, undivided. Is that the case?

Edited by Llmtax2000