Quantum of the Seas - Maiden Transatlantic Voyage - Nov 2-10, 2014 - Live Report

jv_nyc

We are in a D1 7690 starboard on the second hump. We love this room. First cruise for us. Fabulous stateroom attendant Rowena. Balcony slightly larger I believe. Great view forward but not back. Two chairs with foot stools and small table. Sofa bed. Ample storage, I mean über storage. Bathroom perfect and the water is hot. [ATTACH]330045[/ATTACH]

Bed is by balcony but fine for us and room all the way round.

[ATTACH]330046[/ATTACH]

We had no problems booking dynamic dining before boarding and ate at American icon grille last night. Amazing food, amazing service and we were asked to share but as it was the first night of our honeymoon we had a very quiet table without question and a smile.

The bay of Biscay giving us a roll today so mamma Mia cancelled tonight but that's ok we will roll with that one.

Overall for running 3,400 passengers, only 6 days after official handover my new husband and I are extremely impressed with everything and are forgiving of glitches so far. Any help we can give them to iron out and thanks in return gratefully received. Ship itself, no disappointments are watching it being built for a year.

Staff everywhere we have been have been fantastic, shame about some of the guests....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What are you doing in the Bay of Biscay- Aren't you on a transatlantic?

What are you doing in the Bay of Biscay- Aren't you on a transatlantic?

Could be they are travelling south first before they head west to New Jersey. Might be some weather the Captain is trying to avoid, or they are taking a route they think will be smoother.

Thanks for everyone's reports. I know it takes time away from your vacation to do this, but I was eagerly awaiting this.

I hate asking this, as it likely was already asked and I missed it. I understand that the kids menu isn't ready yet. Prior to sailing, I know people were concerned about there being a secondary menu of staple items at each complimentary restaurant. Is there something like that? Or, just the menus from the website?

Thank you.

Scooby D, thanks for the shots of the deck 6 DO, looks like they are a bit of a lottery--I hope I win a good view in at least one direction! :)

Man, I'll cross my fingers for some hiccups for a 25% credit and some more OBC so I can ride the RipCord again. I wonder if you can give your minute to another passenger (though I'm pretty sure I know the answer) :p

Hope the ride smoothes out soon.

"Those less than 6 feet tall must weigh less than 230 lbs, and those over 6 feet must weigh less than 250 lbs." is from the Royal Caribbean website. I searched for this because I am 6 foot 5 and 255 pounds. I was thinking I would be a little heavy. I hope that I will have the extra 5 pounds gone by April.

My daughter has done Ifly which is the same as Ripcord a number of times in Singapore and Australia- indeed the Rip cord is one of our main reasons for going on the Anthem this June. The 1 to 3 minute time is fairly standard as that is the equivalent of a sky dive from a plane which it is attempting to simulate. It is not uncommon for people to have problems getting off the ground- it seems more to do with the individual's technique than their weight as the operator can vary the amount of air being pushed into the cylinder.

At lest I know where all my Cruise Credit is going on our cruise- though I am hoping on a 14 day cruise we get 2 goes each! Jennie

Hello, thanks so much for doing this and allowing us to live vicariously through you. I thought the menu posted on RCCL's web site showed Guinness on tap at Michael's, but the menu you posted didn't seem to indicate.

If you happen to be in one of the bars would you ask if Guinness - with proper pour - is available? Thanks.

Edited by ksg
distinguishing between RCCL posted menu and CC posted menu - for clarity

We have been getting free drinks all afternoon in 3 different venues. Anyone else getting this?

Hi everyone, have avoided posting so as not to take up space and will remove my sig (hint you can just untick the little box before you submit your reply). I can't see what the free drinks thing was all about.... must have missed the explanation.... commentary so far has been awesome..... great job everyone!

Pee Wee....sweet dreams tonight! Hope that the sea is smoother and you do not have as many issues disturbing your sleep! Hopefully you got a can of soda before retiring to your stateroom so that you have it in the am!

Many thanks to all of the cruisers that are reporting their experiences!

Hi everyone, have avoided posting so as not to take up space and will remove my sig (hint you can just untick the little box before you submit your reply). I can't see what the free drinks thing was all about.... must have missed the explanation.... commentary so far has been awesome..... great job everyone!

Not sure if the commenter was confused by the free drinks. I thought just under 2 years ago Royal Caribbean changed all transatlantics to Ocean Voyages and one of the new perks was automatic drink packages. I would assume that Quantum would get the same perk so I wonder if the commenter didn't realize they would get that.

The one menu I saw posted was a little different than those posted on the Royal website. The American Icon grill has turkey instead of surf and turf as shown on the website. Someone else mentioned that the Grande had lobster Thermidor which isn't on the website.

Royal wants us to pre-book restaurants, but they are making it difficult if their menus posted are not accurate. I did notice they say they are sample menus so the have an out.

Thanks to all the info everyone has provided and in advance for any other menus. Hopefully the weather will improve for everyone!