Michael's Club: What's available

Classynfun1

Hi all!

We will be on the Celebrity Summit in a few weeks and I'm trying to decide if we should/need to purchase a beverage package now (and save money with the credit card discount) or just forego it for this cruise. After weighing the pros and cons, it's basically going to come down to what is available in Michael's Club for us. I drink wine, craft beer, vodka, and fruity drinks every now and then. BF likes craft beer, red wine, and scotch. Obviously we won't be drinking every drink in there, but if we end up being able to consume a few each afternoon/evening, then the other drinks we purchase outside of Michael's club will not make it worth our while to purchase the package on such a port intensive cruise.

For any that have sailed recently and have info, I'd love to hear it!

Thank you!

Based on the wording of your post...

Assume you are thinking about Michael's Club the Sports Bar / Craft Beer venue ?

Or are you referring to the recent change to this spot being the Lounge area for high level Suites & Captain Club Members ?

Knowing your train of thought, we can give you a more complete answer / point you in the right direction.

Cheers!

I don't see the need to purchase a package if you have access to Michael's Club. you can get virtually whatever you want there. If they don't have it they will try to get it for you. You can take drinks from MC and so you can take one to dinner or if you want to join friends outside MC. The door is kept unlocked and you can take bottled water, iced teas, soft drinks from the cooler anytime you wish. Been in MC for 2 cruises and so far never had a problem. A package will expand options, but unless you are a heavy drinker it would most probably be a savings to pay for any drinks outside MC.

Edited by Orator

My experience in Michaels Club was they would get your drink for you. They stock plenty of wine, vodka and scotch. I like craft beer and they did not have much there but were willing to grab some and have them available for me so they got some dogfish head the next day.

But if you are in Royal Suite, with new perks in April, you get drink package in top of Michael's anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forums mobile app

I don't see the need to purchase a package if you have access to Michael's Club. you can get virtually whatever you want there. If they don't have it they will try to get it for you. You can take drinks from MC and so you can take one to dinner or if you want to join friends outside MC. The door is kept unlocked and you can take bottled water, iced teas, soft drinks from the cooler anytime you wish. Been in MC for 2 cruises and so far never had a problem. A package will expand options, but unless you are a heavy drinker it would most probably be a savings to pay for any drinks outside MC.

That is exactly the type of info I was looking for, as this is my first cruise since the conversion of Michael's club. Thank you Orator, and thank you to all the replied! :D

My experience in Michaels Club was they would get your drink for you. They stock plenty of wine, vodka and scotch. I like craft beer and they did not have much there but were willing to grab some and have them available for me so they got some dogfish head the next day.

But if you are in Royal Suite, with new perks in April, you get drink package in top of Michael's anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forums mobile app

Thank you!! Just the type of info I was hoping for! :D

. The door is kept unlocked and you can take bottled water, iced teas, soft drinks from the cooler anytime you wish. Been in MC for 2 cruises and so far never had a problem. .

I was unaware of this perk....thanks for mentioning the water...it will seriously reduce the amount we bring on board with us for our next cruise....:)

I was unaware of this perk....thanks for mentioning the water...it will seriously reduce the amount we bring on board with us for our next cruise....:)

They have Evian, Pellegrino, and one other brand whose name I forget in a large bottle. They sometimes have Evian in a large bottle. Also Arizona Ice Tea.

Thanks for the thread. We were considering this, but to do so we give up the drink package. So twice I have heard we can take drinks out of there and once I heard they have to be consumed in the bar. Which for the most part is probably fine, but for water etc it would be nice to have in suite.

They have Evian, Pellegrino, and one other brand whose name I forget in a large bottle. They sometimes have Evian in a large bottle. Also Arizona Ice Tea.

Great!! Evian works, or any regular bottled water!!! DH will like the Ice Tea too!!:)

Stayed in an RS on the Summit in August. I was told by the Michaels concierge that any alcoholic drinks must be consumed within the venue. No takeout! :(

With regard to music, the piano guy (Jordan Peterson) was playing in there one evening and the sound system was not good.

I found Michaels Club to be a rather stuffy environment, but that is just personal taste.

On Equinox we were able to take any drink outside the club. We went in before dinner and carried our wine to the dining room. We took bottled water back to our suite every night. And we took soft drinks out all the time.

Stayed in an RS on the Summit in August. I was told by the Michaels concierge that any alcoholic drinks must be consumed within the venue. No takeout! :(

With regard to music, the piano guy (Jordan Peterson) was playing in there one evening and the sound system was not good.

I found Michaels Club to be a rather stuffy environment, but that is just personal taste.

I was in Michael's Club on Century when it first opened. I asked Lucy, who was training the MC Concierges, if I could take drinks away from Michael's Club. She told me that MC was not the Elite Hour and you could take whatever you wished to take with you. Lucy went from ship to ship to do the training. Obviously someone on Summit is either a replacement or they weren't paying attention to Lucy. Lucy is wonderful!

I was in Michael's Club on Century when it first opened. I asked Lucy, who was training the MC Concierges, if I could take drinks away from Michael's Club. She told me that MC was not the Elite Hour and you could take whatever you wished to take with you. Lucy went from ship to ship to do the training. Obviously someone on Summit is either a replacement or they weren't paying attention to Lucy. Lucy is wonderful!

MC Concierge was Jolie/Jole (sp?) on Summit.

Sorry to butt in. Is Michael's only open to suit guests? I was interested in the craft beer bar. Thanks!

Craft beers have been moved to Cellar Masters. Michael's Club is a private lounge. Do a tread search and you'll fine dozens of threads on this topic.