New Sabitini's menu

5:00_Somewhere

Don't know if anyone else has seen this yet (a search didn't reveal any other threads on the topic), but we just received an email in preparation for our upcoming sailing on the Regal announcing, among other things, that there are new menu items in Sabatini's as part of the 50th Anniversary celebration:

New Sabatini's Menu Items

We haven't dined at Sabatini's in quite awhile. Looks like it might be worth a try this trip. :)

Just thought I'd share.

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere

As long as they keep the salt baked sea bass....... Everything else is a bonus!
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the salt baked sea bass left the menu months ago. The new options might entice us to try Sabatini's again after skipping it for our last five cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I too noticed that the salt baked fish (our favorite ) wasn't on the menu. We will try the new menu at Sabatini's but may not eat there more than once ( we usually dined there at least twice a cruise). The Vitello Milanese does sound good.

" ... dishes will include a Costoletta di Vitello alla Milanese (a crisp-fried breaded veal chop, straight from Milan), .....

How can they get it fresh to the ship from Milano?

Sounds as if it will be a frozen cutlet heated in a microwave.

Ira

We had a new menu on Golden this weekend and were unimpressed, although the manicotti were awesome. I didn't like having to order pasta as a separate course - I prefer the taste of the pasta du jour.

And our waiter seemed determined to make us sick with too much food - we ordered dishes to share and he insisted on bringing full individual portions, which went to waste. I realize that's not the fault of the new menu, but it turned us off to what had been our favorite venue on Golden.

Our last dinner on the Regal was Sabatini's and unfortunately it was a miss. I wouldn't eat there again if it were free. The food was okay, a couple good things however nothing really stood out that really warranted an extra charge. The service could have been better too since there were only like 3-4 tables occupied the entire time we were there.

Crown grill is another story...I wouldn't mind paying for that 3-4 times on our next cruise

Anyone know what a turbot filet is? I am hoping it is seafood, since the salt encrusted fish is off the menu and the lobster is so horrid. I would love to eat at Sabatinis, but only will if they have decent seafood.

Love the addition of manicotti, but adding only veal dishes?! No, thank you!!

See, I can't eat seafood, so I appreciate more non-seafood dishes! Sometimes it seems like more than half the items on these specialty restaurant menus are seafood!