Finished with engines.

Jimsgirl

Don't give up the ship yet, Lynn. My sainted friend John had to cancel a September trip to Alaska due to serious sickness, and some thought that was the end of his travels. The next May we were on the QUEEN VICTORIA to Norway, so never say never!

Frank

Lynn, your sounding better already. Your too young, too pretty and too much fun to give up. I hope you will find someone to sail with and join us again soon. The September 20, 2015 westbound from Southampton would be a good one. Were on board. See you there!

Mike

I'm sorry to hear your news. It looks like you are recovering at a good rate so please don't feel this is the end of your cruising. Try and keep positive and your eyes on the future. Work hard at the therapy too!!

Edited by maz48

Lynn.....I'm so sorry to read this and send you my very best wishes for a steady recovery. You have always lent a spark to this forum and it would be sad for those who know you to have you not contribute. You have a lot of experience and speak your mind.....so don't just lurk, share that experience and words of common sense.

Strokes are so challenging but if anyone is feisty enough to fight back it is you. So work at the therapy, find that cruising buddy, fire those engines back up and head that bow out to sea. My Mom always used to say that "where there's a will, there's a way".....sending you good thoughts to find that way.

Cheers, Penny

“You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water” Rabindranath Tagore

Penny’s “Affair to Remember” QM2 Review Dec. 2006

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...QM2 to the Caribbean again

October 16,2008...QM2 transatlantic in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage.

December 9, 2008...QM2...back to the Caribbean

July 30, 2009....QM2....transatlantic again...

August 7, 2009....QM2... “home” to Norway

Feb. 7, 2010....Emerald Princess to the Caribbean

Aug 14, 2010...QM2... return to Norway, all the way to the top!

Aug 22, 2011...Diamond Princess....North to Alaska!!

Dec 2,2011...Noordam to the Caribbean...outstanding! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1544173

2012...Assorted land trips in my own stunning country

Oct 2012....OBX

2012...Booked on the lovely Noordam again

2013...5 months at our summer home on Cape Cod....priceless!

Several North Atlantic crossings from childhood thru college on ships of the old Norwegian America line and Swedish America Line...RIP to those marvelous old ships

This phrase signaled the end of the voyage. So it is for me. from now on I will have to be a lurker on this site.

Oct 5 on QM2 , mid channel, all dressed up 5.15p.m on way to Chart room, I had a stroke, fortunately in public area so found at once, off loaded in Zeebruge, horror story, but 6 days later "rescued by" various Depts of Cunard Care, and flown back to Port Charlotte.

Will not be able to cruise solo again, very depressing.

So it is goodbye to all, may you have fair winds , calm seas, and safe harbours.

Lynn

Don't give up! I still see your keen wit. Hopefully, you can find a cruising friend to travel with. Best wishes to you!

Lynn, sorry to hear this.

But don't give up. My father had a bad stroke 10 years ago. The firts weeks were really hopeless. No he is over 80 and on a normal bicycle again. Modern therapies can do a lot. Do whatever is on offer.

Meet you in the Commodore Club.

I wish you the best recovery. Having worked in Neurosurgery for many years I know you will find recovery a test of your will. But from the replies you have on here, you will have a fan club cheering you on and praying hard for the best of recovery. And I am betting, if you asked around, you would find plenty of travel companions. Get well.