choice air, yes or no?

kcool

Saved much money using Choice Air on one-way international flights.

Thanks

When I first started reading about it, I actually thought it was an airline carrier, then the light bulb went on.................

Safe travels

Sea Ya

We just got back from the Oasis TA and due to the shambles that was disembarkation and transfers we missed our 3.40pm flight from Miami. We arrived at the airport at 3.30, phoned ChoiceAirs emergency number and they had us on a 6pm flight within 10 mins. Our original routing was MIA to JFK, 2.5 hour layover and then fly to Dublin all with Delta. The new one was fly to Zurich, 1.5 hour layover and then fly to Dublin with Swiss. It worked flawlessly, I really couldn't complain. It helped that Zurich is a much nicer airport to transfer in and Swiss a much nicer airline than Delta - we even had real cutlery, warmed bread rolls with dinner and complimentary Swiss chocolate :)

I discovered why choice air is more money then regular airline website

Is there a fee for using ChoiceAir?

Yes. There is a $15.00 per person non-refundable service fee for domestic North American destinations and $25.00 per person non-refundable for International destinations.

I just compared the exact same flights/dates on the Jet Blue website vs choice air(using jet blue)

The regular Jet blue website was $30 cheaper then booking with choice air/

Thats RT from JFK to orlando for 2.

You really don't save anything when booking a domestic flight with Choice Air. The real deals can be found in one way and R/T international flights.

Yes. There is a $15.00 per person non-refundable service fee for domestic North American destinations and $25.00 per person non-refundable for International destinations.

That fee is waived once if you are a Platinum or above C&A Member.

From the RCI website under C&A:".........Complimentary ChoiceAir Plus fee will only be waived once per reservation. The non-refundable $15.00 for travel in US/Canada and $25.00 for International travel for a ChoiceAir booking is not refundable. Fees for guests outside of North America are determined by the local Royal Caribbean Cruise Line office. For any additional changes made after the initial request, the normal custom air fee will be applied".

Edited by cruisenfever

On an international flight, the service fee is a pittance.

Example: leaving tomorrow night, Newark to Barcelona one-way on United.

When I purchased, $2900 on United website. Choice Air, $420!!!!

We booked Choice Air for our Australia trip this past March and chose our seats after booking choice Air by calling Quantus, so not sure why BA won't let you pick your seats. Our 1 way to Syndey , Aust thru the airlines would have been $1250 PP, we paid using choicee air, $841.91.

We booked Choice Air for our Australia trip this past March and chose our seats after booking choice Air by calling Quantus, so not sure why BA won't let you pick your seats. Our 1 way to Syndey , Aust thru the airlines would have been $1250 PP, we paid using choicee air, $841.91.

Some airlines won't let you pick seats if you have a certain type of fare, or if the fare is not ticketed yet. It's happened to us with Choice Air and BA before.

incredible.. how can it be so much less

It's not a guarantee - sometimes prices are the same.

However, they sometimes sell special industry prices when available. So it's not always less, but if they have some clearance to sell, you can get lucky.

This is true. A similar fee to other non-direct flight ticketing systems. This is what pays for their "Assured Arrival" perk that the OP was wondering about.

You really don't save anything when booking a domestic flight with Choice Air. The real deals can be found in one way and R/T international flights.

That fee is waived once if you are a Platinum or above C&A Member.

From the RCI website under C&A:".........Complimentary ChoiceAir Plus fee will only be waived once per reservation. The non-refundable $15.00 for travel in US/Canada and $25.00 for International travel for a ChoiceAir booking is not refundable. Fees for guests outside of North America are determined by the local Royal Caribbean Cruise Line office. For any additional changes made after the initial request, the normal custom air fee will be applied".

It is true that the best deals are on international flights, however I have seen AMAZING deals on domestic flights through ChoiceAir. Your mileage may vary, always shop around.

As far as the Fee, that information is outdated. The $15/$25 fee applies to everyone regardless of C&A Level now. Also, "ChoiceAir Plus" (What it is called when you reach them via phone instead of the web site) has no additional fee for anyone currently.

This is true. A similar fee to other non-direct flight ticketing systems. This is what pays for their "Assured Arrival" perk that the OP was wondering about.

Yea perhaps but if were talking snow, there are no air planes leaving the airport.

That is likely my biggest fear.

As for me......I was told when I called that Choice Air does not fly out of the city where I live so I can't use it even if I wanted to.

You might use your nearest hub airport. For example if you were flying internationally would there be a direct flight from your local airport.

We signed up for ChoiceAir for our cruise in June to the Baltic. When and how can we choose seats? Not able to access anything yet on British Airways who our reservation is with.

BA charges a fee for selecting seats until 24 hours before the flight. I have used choice air with other airlines and can select seats.

Yea perhaps but if were talking snow, there are no air planes leaving the airport.

That is likely my biggest fear.

That would be a bad situation for sure. The assured arrival perk would provide for alternate transportation once the snow clears, flights or otherwise, as well as lodging, meals etc. I have heard they will even fly you down-itinerary to catch up with the ship if necessary. Not the ideal start to one's vacation to say the least, but better than having to stay home.