New Dinner Menu Format on Noordam

Krazy Kruizers

Hello all, we are sailing on our first cruise Dec 15 on Noordam. We where

looking at booking some specialty restaurants but would like to know the menu options if they are available. Do you know if menus are available presailing?

As requested menus for Specialty Restaurants, Alcoholic Beverages, and Room Service in PDF format:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/?page_id=908

Edited by Crew News

On the second segment of our Noordam cruise, there was a new menu format for dinner in the main dining room.

(Items that I have starred are on the menu each evening.)

First page:

NoordamShipPictures2004_zps55d4ffc0.jpg

NoordamShipPictures2005_zps450b4227.jpg

NoordamShipPictures2006_zpsf68adaf2.jpg?t=1417303713

NoordamShipPictures2007_zpsd464703d.jpg?t=1417303605

KK, thanks for posting that and the other pages! I like the idea of the "always available" being included with the rest of the menu items each day.

On our Rotterdam cruise I noticed something I had not seen before. There was a notation on the menu that one could ask for a "smaller portion" of any entrée item. We appreciated that as sometimes it's just too much.

We also had the cordials each evening, with the "free" glass. We managed to collect 26 of them to take home! The SBP includes this drink. The glasses made great gifts for the people in my office. They are quite attractive. The Hazel Eyes, in the menu above was my favorite.

HazelEyes_zps2897492c.jpg

On our Rotterdam cruise I noticed something I had not seen before. There was a notation on the menu that one could ask for a "smaller portion" of any entrée item. We appreciated that as sometimes it's just too much.

We also had the cordials each evening, with the "free" glass. We managed to collect 26 of them to take home! The SBP includes this drink. The glasses made great gifts for the people in my office. They are quite attractive. The Hazel Eyes, in the menu above was my favorite.

That looks yummy! I'm looking forward to trying some of the cordials on our next cruise.

I just wish they would note healthy items. Sometimes you think you are getting a healthy item such as low fat or sugar and then the sauce is loaded with fat or sugar. I asked about it one time and was told they cannot include calorie, fat, ect because serving size is not controlled. Still wish there was a way to help people who want to try not to gain to much or who need to eat healthy to do so.

I like this idea too. Since I'm a plain eater it was always kind of embarrassing to go down to the "always available" menu. I like it being integrated.

I'm sorry, I don't understand. I ate Caesar salad almost everyday and I never once felt embarrassed to do it. Why would you be embarrassed? You like what you like. No shame in that.

You must be a tiny eater. Every time I get on a hal ship the portions are smaller. The meat portion used to be huge. That is no longer true. I bet in most cases the portion of meat would be no more than 4 or 5 onces, some maybe only 3. Starches were tiny, and I found myself asking for more veggies most nights because I like more than one mouthful of veggies.

Page 2 -- gives you information about the chefs -- Chef Rudi showed up the most times on this page.

NoordamShipPictures2008_zps46c415bc.jpg

NoordamShipPictures2009_zps80b28f60.jpg

Good grief...Kendal Jackson is $54.:eek: It is $9.95 in the store...unless you are getting the Reserve - then it is $16. Can you bring your own and pay a corkage fee?

Good grief...Kendal Jackson is $54.:eek: It is $9.95 in the store...unless you are getting the Reserve - then it is $16. Can you bring your own and pay a corkage fee?

Yes. Corkage is $18/bottle. You can also bring one bottle per person for free as long as the wine is consumed in your stateroom.

From the title of your post, I assumed it was about new dining options. Instead, it is about new menu formats. Isn't it a bit absurd to have 42 posts on what the menu looks like?

DON

yet you felt the need to add a 43rd?

:p

From the title of your post, I assumed it was about new dining options. Instead, it is about new menu formats. Isn't it a bit absurd to have 42 posts on what the menu looks like?

DON

Just about as absurd as posting to something that doesn't interest you.

I'm sorry, I don't understand. I ate Caesar salad almost everyday and I never once felt embarrassed to do it. Why would you be embarrassed? You like what you like. No shame in that.

And who would notice or care where someone is ordering from? The steward I'm sure could care less what any pax orders or what section of the menu it is on. I don't get it either.

Edited by peaches from georgia

I think I'm overly sensitive about it. I have one "friend" in our traveling group who always has to make a remark about me ordering from the "always available" menu and "why don't I try something new". I know I shouldn't let it bother me, but..............

I think I'm overly sensitive about it. I have one "friend" in our traveling group who always has to make a remark about me ordering from the "always available" menu and "why don't I try something new". I know I shouldn't let it bother me, but..............

I go through the same thing .... Always order from the always available and always hear the "why not try something different" comments. I am very predictable on what I will eat ... boring lol