water on board?

cebee123

I haven't been on RCCL in over a year but Rules do change. Can you still bring bottled water on board the ship? I have a bottle with filter so that may be a better option but would like to know for sure. Also, can you bring Soda on board?

Water and soda are still technically prohibited, but they usually don't enforce that rule except during spring break.

does anyone know if there is an option for water available from the Coke Freestyle machines? We have the soda package but it would be nice to be able to fill my cup with ice water for by the pool.

The Freestyle machines do have Dasani water, which is just filtered tap water anyway, so yes you can get icewater with or without a dash of other flavors.

I also only drink water for the most part. The last last few times I have cruised I have taken a case of bottle water and had the porter put a luggage tags on it and both times it has made it to my cabin. But I noticed that at the end of the trip I has bottles left over because the water on board is really good and you can get water anywhere MDR, windjammer, Cafe, Sorrentos or any bar just walk up and ask for it. No need to worry water is not an issue.

The Freestyle machines do have Dasani water, which is just filtered tap water anyway, so yes you can get icewater with or without a dash of other flavors.

As is a large percentage of bottled water. I believe that Naive is actually bottled from a natural spring, though that does not mean the water is any more pure. Just doing a small amount of research shows that bottled water companies have less strict standards than municipal water supplies. My belief that those who feel that bottled water is a true necessity are simply having their wallets emptied graciously. While there are times when having a bottle of water is great for traveling, most studies even show that paying for bottled water is a huge waste of money. But, to each their own....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This is Canadian prices. One liter (one us quart) is about $3.00. This makes it about $12.00 a gallon. A lot more expensive than gasoline.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

It's kind of funny that people will scream bloody murder at the cost of gasoline per gallon, but think nothing of what bottled water or pop costs.

Just my 2 cents. My experience is that the stateroom water taste ok (I boiled it before drinking). I drank from both the tap and from the water at Cafe Promenade.

By the fourth night, the skin of myself and my family have a bit of rash n bumps, luckily not itchy. It's gone a few days after I'm back home in Singapore.

I believe it's caused by the water. I think the water is clean, but maybe not used to the MOS ship's filtration.

For my upcoming 7 night cruise, I'm not taking chances and intend to get a water package.

Edited by surfuz

Can't remember exactly but aren't there water fountains in the gym?

I always drink water onboard and get it from places like MDR, Windjammer, Café Promenade, Sorrento's etc. I don't know if it's the same water (maybe it is) but I don't get my water from bathroom's taps (public nor cabin).

I've brought gallon water bottles on board before and ended up not using them all. I drink a lot of water, so I carry a Tervis tumbler and just pour cups of water from the Windjammer into it, or at the dining room, a waiter will fill it for me, to carry around after dinner.

I get a bucket of ice at night from the room steward, and then pour some of it, with the water it has made from melting, into my cup to drink while getting dressed in the morning. You will almost ALWAYS see me with a cup of water in my hand, except for when getting off in port. I usually stop at the first store and buy a bottle then.

I always bring a bottle and refill it in the buffet area or out of the tap (and bring Mio's to flavor it). Just make sure you bring a bottle where the portion you drink out of unscrews from the bottle (so, like a top you screw off), instead of just refilling bottle of bottled water, so you can refill using the beverage dispensers hygienically.

To answer the OP question, the water does not taste bad. You will not have a problem finding water on board. Technically you are not supposed to bring water but if you bring a 12 pack in your carry on they typically do not say anything. If they do say something and you reply it is for medical reasons, it has been my experience they let you pass.

There are many reasons people (like myself) bring water on board. As for me, there is the possibility of a high sodium content of the desalinated water, the quantity could depend upon the maintenance of the cells in the evaporators. For those on a low sodium diet every little bit helps, so bringing on specific bottled drinking water is beneficial.

Can't remember exactly but aren't there water fountains in the gym?

Yes, there are water fountains in the gym. Can't remember which ships, but there's also a water fountain on the deck above the pool deck.

To answer the OP question, the water does not taste bad. You will not have a problem finding water on board. Technically you are not supposed to bring water but if you bring a 12 pack in your carry on they typically do not say anything. If they do say something and you reply it is for medical reasons, it has been my experience they let you pass.

There are many reasons people (like myself) bring water on board. As for me, there is the possibility of a high sodium content of the desalinated water, the quantity could depend upon the maintenance of the cells in the evaporators. For those on a low sodium diet every little bit helps, so bringing on specific bottled drinking water is beneficial.

Do you use ice on board? It comes from the same place.

BTW, on our recent cruise on the Adventure, we notice they have iced water dispensers (self serve) at a lot of the bars and the windjammer.

The Freestyle machines do have Dasani water, which is just filtered tap water anyway,...
Just to emphasize BillOh's point: Freestyle machines have containers of concentrated flavor, which is mixed with water from the "municipal" water supply. In this case the "municipal" water supplier is the ship, so anything you get out of the machine is made with ship's water.

8. Water, water everywhere. No need to lug a case of water with you when you go cruising. The tap water on cruise ships is completely safe and drinkable, having been through rigorous filtration and testing, all of which are overseen by U.S. and European heath agencies. While some cruisers claim that the tap water in restaurants and bars tastes different from what comes out of the cabin bathroom, it is all, in fact, the same water.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1475

I haven't been on RCCL in over a year but Rules do change. Can you still bring bottled water on board the ship? I have a bottle with filter so that may be a better option but would like to know for sure. Also, can you bring Soda on board?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details/print.do?faqId=260&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqType=faq

Do you use ice on board? It comes from the same place.

BTW, on our recent cruise on the Adventure, we notice they have iced water dispensers (self serve) at a lot of the bars and the windjammer.

Read what I said Chief, For those on a low sodium diet every little bit helps, so bringing on specific bottled drinking water is beneficial. Bringing water on board minimizes the intake amount. I am fully aware food, ice... and whatever , contains the on board water. If you were in the Navy and a fleet sailor you should know about the desalination process, otherwise you would not have made chief.

Edited by rolloman

8. Water, water everywhere. No need to lug a case of water with you when you go cruising. The tap water on cruise ships is completely safe and drinkable, having been through rigorous filtration and testing, all of which are overseen by U.S. and European heath agencies. While some cruisers claim that the tap water in restaurants and bars tastes different from what comes out of the cabin bathroom, it is all, in fact, the same water.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1475

Again....while it may be safe, its contents may not agree with select individuals. Also I would not put too much credit with your health agencies seal of approval. There are plenty of ships that fail these inspections, so clearly prior to recognition of failure, individuals have been exposed. This goes for any type vacation destination not just cruises.

Edited by rolloman

I have seen in different places people talking about bringing bottled water on cruise ships, and I see RC offers cases of bottled water for sale..so my question is- are there no water fountains etc where one could fill up a water bottle or is the water on board horrible.. or is the only way to get drinking water to buy it? I know it sounds silly, but I drink a lot of water but am not fussy. I dont want to drag bottled water along if the water on board is adequate. If marginal i could bring some crystal light packets I guess?

I am going on the Vision of the Seas in March ( although I assume the answer would be the same for any ship?)

We usually bring water on board with us, but it is to take with us when we get off the ships at the various ports of call not to drink on the ship.

I checked in 2 cases of beverages on my last cruise - one Gatorade and one water and they did not say anything. I heard they shake them to be sure it is not alcohol but my cases were shrink wrapped. This year I am not bringing cases but maybe a few 1L bottles of seltzer water flavored. The gym also has water dispenser