Are Tervis Tumblers Overrated?

Richjoxyz

I am Platinum and have six Tervis Tumblers that were given as Platinum cruiser gifts from previous cruises.

We never used them, and they are still in the original packaging. I am thinking about taking a couple for our upcoming B2B and use to keep beer cold. My wife said they are overrated and not to bother.

Should I take them, or are they overrated?

Edited by Richjoxyz

I am Platinum and have six Tervis Tumblers that were given as Platinum cruiser gifts from previous cruises.

We never used them, and they are still in the original packaging. I am thinking about taking a couple for our upcoming B2B and use to keep beer cold. My wife thinks they might be overrated and not to bother.

I had about 10 of them from Carnival, I gave them all way to the crew, I don't need more junk glasses.

Overrated compared to what?

Tervis tumblers are excellent glasses, mugs, water bottles etc...

They are insulated to keep warm "warm" and cold "cold". And they do a great job.

They are made in America by Americans.

They have a lifetime warranty. If yours ever breaks, or chips or even stains you can return it, no questions asked.

My DW takes her morning coffee to work in one and it eventually got that coffee stain film on it and I took it to one of the retail stores and they traded it for a new one.

They have a huge assortment of designs (almost any sports league known to man and will do special versions for organizations, thus your free platinum

CCL glasses) including throwback or vintage sporting designs. Every Military service, Disney etc...

Junk Glasses = complete nonsense!

Overrated = wrong!

Please send me all of your junk overrated tervis tumblers to me if they are so offensive and not being used properly. I will deal with them myself. :cool:

OP - go ahead and take one with you. If you like it, then use it. Win! If you don't like it, throw it away on the ship or give it to someone. That leaves you more room for souvenirs in a bag on the way home. Win! :)

For what it's worth, I was never a fan until I started using my free Carnival Tervis tumblers for coffee. Now I use one every day to take coffee to work. On days off, I use them to take my coffee to the beach in the mornings. I think they're great for casual use.

I have a few carnival tumblers as well. One thing I can say is they are hardy. Beats the coffee mugs that end up with a soaked paper insert and a outer shell that twists and falls apart! They hold up after many times in the dishwasher. As far as keeping my coffee warm, well, it does not keep warm Fir too long. But, I do like my coffee really hot. MHO

I would bring it and as the OP stated. Bring it with and try for yourself.

We have four different 16 oz. Tervis tumblers that we've purchased and use them a lot in the summer. They keep ice frozen much longer than a non-insulated cup or mug. We take ours to the pool with us, or in the car on a road trip, and on our cruises as well. The straws that are made for the Tervis tumblers are better suited for the 24 oz. cups and are too long for the 16 oz. cups, so we bought a pack of regular (plastic) straws that we use. I take a handful with us on our cruise, and throw them away when we need a new one. Are the tumblers overrated. Not in my opinion. In fact, on our next cruise, I'm planning to get one from the Red Frog Pub and the Blue Iguana Cantina. I like them much better than the non-insulated souvenir glasses that you can purchase on board.

No, but the purpose of this thread you started is. You can do what many of us do and give the gifts away. I've given coffee cups, tumblers, travel kits and binoculars away over the past few years. Make a kid or someone at your dinner table smile and send them home with something they usually can't buy.

I do miss the Nike hats, good for running on a misty day!

Being any metal on Carnival is a little overrated.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We take ours with us on our cruises. I love them for getting iced tea/lemonade with meals instead of using the small cups on Carnival. DH uses them for drinks at home especially if we are sitting out on the deck in the warm weather.

I wish they were still giving them out to Platinum guests. I'd take them anytime over the coffee mugs they gave us on our last cruise. I would think they would be great for beer on a cruise. Take one and check it out.

We never used them, and they are still in the original packaging. I am thinking about taking a couple for our upcoming B2B and use to keep beer cold. My wife said they are overrated and not to bother.

These are the only cups my family uses (we have our carnival ones and other designs) We don't use any other type of cups. Mostly because they don't leave a ring and keep our drinks hot or cold.

Just my opinion, but Tervis tumblers are sippy-cups for adults; plastic cup, built-in straw, locking lid. All that is missing is a weighted base.

The times I've received them as the Plat gift, they stay in the box and are placed next to the trash can. No thank you.

p.s. don't ask me about "Bubba" kegs.

I have purchased several Tervis cups and have my ones from Carnival. I LOVE them! I use them most of the time. I have one at work, several in my RV, several at home. I have had one get a film on it and I sent back and received a new one in return.