Celebrity SPAM has to stop!

jayoldschool

I've received four phone calls and four texts with the arrival time message. One would be sufficient. One email would have been preferable, however. The worst was the latest text, inviting me to "A House of Tanzanite event on my upcoming cruise". Brutal.

Celebrity, get your act together, put some quality people in place to handle customer communication, and stop pushing your valuable customers away. I'm about to embark on my 12th cruise with you three days, and you sell a product in a very competitive marketplace...

I've received four phone calls and four texts with the arrival time message. One would be sufficient. One email would have been preferable, however. The worst was the latest text, inviting me to "A House of Tanzanite event on my upcoming cruise". Brutal.

Celebrity, get your act together, put some quality people in place to handle customer communication, and stop pushing your valuable customers away. I'm about to embark on my 12th cruise with you three days, and you sell a product in a very competitive marketplace...

I'm feeling cheated. I've never gotten any such attention prior to a cruise. :rolleyes:

Not counting the daily spam you receive in your cabin when on board.

Art gallery, spa, shops etc etc

That's what trash cans are for ;)

(It happens on the other cruise lines as well. I know - it's a really huge waste of paper and cost, but I can't do anything about it, so I am not going to let it bother me.)

I was driving to Fl and kept getting text messages from Celebrity about boarding time. Problem that I have is I do not have a text plan and have to pay for every text. I have now removed my cell phone number from my profile and will no longer list it on my cruise documents.

Happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

They have started a new staggered check in/boarding time now, which is by deck number. If you do not reply that you received the message, they will keep emailing or texting you. I got one text and accepted it (replied) and never got another text from them.

Edited by whataboutport

They have started a new staggered check in/boarding time now, which is by deck number. If you do not reply that you received the message, they will keep emailing or texting you. I got one text and accepted it (replied) and never got another text from them.

They say they're boarding by deck, but they're not. They're just attempting to smooth out the boarding process. I just sailed from Ft. Lauderdale after receiving multiple texts, e-mails, voice mails. No boarding by deck.

Guess I'll reply the next time I get one of those texts to save followon messages!

Linda

Well yes, it's just a recommendation. If you show up before your scheduled time, you will not be turned away. But we showed up at our time and security was less than 10 mins, maybe even less than 5, and check in was less than 20.

Last year on Princess we waited about 2 hours.

Well yes, it's just a recommendation. If you show up before your scheduled time, you will not be turned away. But we showed up at our time and security was less than 10 mins, maybe even less than 5, and check in was less than 20.

Last year on Princess we waited about 2 hours.

and of course anyone else who arrived at your scheduled time would have had the same fast checkin...whether or not it was their assigned time :)

That's what trash cans are for ;)

(It happens on the other cruise lines as well. I know - it's a really huge waste of paper and cost, but I can't do anything about it, so I am not going to let it bother me.)

I have always wondered, if you stack the paper, say on the floor beside the garbage do they recycle it? I hate to throw all that paper in the garbage.

I have always wondered, if you stack the paper, say on the floor beside the garbage do they recycle it? I hate to throw all that paper in the garbage.

I could be wrong, but I believe most ships incinerate waste - including paper and cardboard products.

I believe some (perhaps many?) cruise lines recycle things like glass and plastic - among other things.

Celebrity boast they are saving the waves by not allowing rubbish etc to be thrown overboard. They could cut down on some of the paper distributed on board their ships and this save a multitude of forests

Hello, did you not know that we plant and grow trees for the sole purpose to make paper, just as we grow tomato plants for the sole purpose to produce tomatoes. :eek:

Celebrity boast they are saving the waves by not allowing rubbish etc to be thrown overboard. They could cut down on some of the paper distributed on board their ships and this save a multitude of forests

Hello, did you not know that we plant and grow trees for the sole purpose to make paper, just as we grow tomato plants for the sole purpose to produce tomatoes. :eek:

Correct, Wino-O. Paper products come from several sources, including "farmed" trees mentioned above. The major sources, however, are waste wood from the lumber industry and recycled paper. A typical "forest" tree is rarely cut specifically for paper.

This means that almost all paper today is made from material we used to throw away. The production of paper products has a zero impact on our forests.

http://www.tappi.org/paperu/all_about_paper/papermade.htm

Edited by fortinweb

I suppose it's technically not spam but I returned yesterday from a 2-week cruise and found 16 emails from Celebrity in my inbox with assorted offers/deals. There seem to be so many of these emails offering deals lately they tend to blur together and I don't give them much attention.

The 16 emails don't count the emails I received from booking on board that were incorrect, which I tried to correct two days later and then again a day after that. The corrected emails don't show a correction and the rebooking emails never came through. Luckily I have learned from past experience and got photo copies of everything while on board.