no Hawaii-Tahiti cruises early 2016

Stakeout

has anyone noticed that no HAL ships are scheduled to do Hawaii or Tahiti from Nov thru March 2016 on the Statendam's normal run..they do one in April 2016.. hard to beleive that this west coast cruise being so popular has been dropped now that the Statendam will be gone after next September.. guess they are making more money with leaving the new Koningsdam in Europe for that winter

actually we were looking to do a roundtrip once again from Ft Lauderdale 56 days--Canal--Hawaii-Tahiti-Canal like we did in Jan-Mar 2013

The Statendam will no longer be with HAL.

She is being transferred over to P&O in the fall of 2015.

I know .. bye bye Statendam.. and Ryndam

we were told unofficially last week while on the 42 day Transatlantic-Europe cruise that it looks like the Maasdam will be around thru 2017.. which makes sense since the new ship that they just announced yesterday won't go into service until early 2018.. almost the same scenario as what is happening to the Statendam ending in Sept 2015 then the Koningsdam starting in early 2016..

also was told that the Rotterdam is scheduled to take over for the Maasdam's New England-Canada run in the summer of 2016 as the Maasdam will go to the west coast and do the Alaska run in 2016.. subject to change at their whim

Edited by Stakeout

Yes -- I see that the Westerdam is doing a repositioning cruise staring in Ft Lauderdale in March and ending in San Diego in April.

Then the Westerdam starts on April 2 a 30 day Hawaii/Tahiti cruise -- starts and ends in San Diego.

saw that.. but it's not r/t Ft Lauderdale.. there's still that 4 month gap of no Hawaii or Tahiti in late 2015 thru March 2016

we were told unofficially last week while on the 42 day Transatlantic-Europe cruise that it looks like the Maasdam will be around thru 2017.. which makes sense since the new ship that they just announced yesterday won't go into service until early 2018.. almost the same scenario as what is happening to the Statendam ending in Sept 2015 then the Koningsdam starting in early 2016..

also was told that the Rotterdam is scheduled to take over for the Maasdam's New England-Canada run in the summer of 2016 as the Maasdam will go to the west coast and do the Alaska run in 2016.. subject to change at their whim

Which new ship that they introduced yesterday......and where did they announce it?

Did they say anything about the Veendam? I like the idea that the Maasdam might be doing Alaska in 2016.

Thank you for this information.

saw that.. but it's not r/t Ft Lauderdale.. there's still that 4 month gap of no Hawaii or Tahiti in late 2015 thru March 2016

Right -- it is not a round trip from Ft Lauderdale. Westerdam did the repositioning from Ft Lauderdale to San Diego in 2013 -- we did that one.

Then she did a 42 day Hawaii/Tahiti cruise (not completely filled) from San Diego to Seattle where she began her Alaskan season.

Has HAL posted any itineraries that far out that are not grand cruises? Possibly you just have to wait a few months and you will find what you want.

I just received the most recent Cruise Planner brochure and it goes through April 2016. I think you have a good point. :)

Wow....... THIS is big news. I'd so hate if they take Maasdam off Canada/NE run. I adore doing that itinerary on that ship and have done it so many times.

I hope your source was only speculating.

I wonder when they will make official announcement?

Thanks for sharing. Fingers crossed it doesn't come to be. :(

I just received the most recent Cruise Planner brochure and it goes through April 2016. I think you have a good point. :)

Wow....... THIS is big news. I'd so hate if they take Maasdam off Canada/NE run. I adore doing that itinerary on that ship and have done it so many times.

Sail, Unfortunately I believe this to be very true of Maasdam coming to Alaska. They need the smaller ship to do the North and South Bound Alaska for those that take the Cruise Tours with Land tours being in the beginning or end. They placed the Oosterdam doing that last year and while they will continue they really are having a hard time filling the ship with North and South bound One Way cruises. They really need one smaller ship doing this. I have been told by a couple of sources that Maasdam was coming to the West Coast.

HAL's cruise atlas shows Maasdam in Alaska in 2016.

Edit: To be more precise, she will be Seattle-based offering 14 day Alaska Explorer itineraries.

Edited by sppunk

Actually doing the 14 day makes sense as well :)

Agreed! NA will be in Vancouver doing up the Inside Passage route too, will be a big year for HAL in Alaska.

We'll be doing the one-way on Amsterdam (XOR Noordam's Glacier runs) probably then. :)

Sail, Unfortunately I believe this to be very true of Maasdam coming to Alaska. They need the smaller ship to do the North and South Bound Alaska for those that take the Cruise Tours with Land tours being in the beginning or end. They placed the Oosterdam doing that last year and while they will continue they really are having a hard time filling the ship with North and South bound One Way cruises. They really need one smaller ship doing this. I have been told by a couple of sources that Maasdam was coming to the West Coast.

Great.... :D They are sending the two butchered aft ships for Canada/NE and Bermuda.

No aft pool on Rotterdam and Veendam. Disappointing.

I take it Rotterdam will do Viking?

Edited by sail7seas

What Cruise Atlas do you have?

We got one from our TA in October and it does not show the Maasdam in Alaska in 2016.

The one on Holland America's website. It isn't the atlas, it's the Schedule at a Glance.

I downloaded it and put it in my Dropbox account. You should be able to view/download the PDF at the link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lvprglkol26g0lw/AAASoHIWRsY0-R8O8pxQJqeZa?dl=0