Pictorial Trip Report: Legend OTS ~ December 15, 2014

DarthGrady

Thank you for the review and pix. We will be boarding her on Feb 6 in FLL for a southern C cruise. We booked it last year while on a similar cruise on Legend.

Yes, there are things missing. And for sure it's a great pain in the butt that the toilets are not on the same deck as the dining room. But what this ship did on our cruise last year is create a great neighbourhood - somehow she gets everyone to come together.

Just a little over a month till I'm on the Legend neighbourhood.

Thank you for the great review and pictures. I have read your reviews for years and enjoy them every time. We will be on the Legend in March for 15 days to the Panama Canal.

You're definitely welcome, have a great cruise!

Thank you for the review and pix. We will be boarding her on Feb 6 in FLL for a southern C cruise. We booked it last year while on a similar cruise on Legend.

Yes, there are things missing. And for sure it's a great pain in the butt that the toilets are not on the same deck as the dining room. But what this ship did on our cruise last year is create a great neighbourhood - somehow she gets everyone to come together.

Just a little over a month till I'm on the Legend neighbourhood.

Totally agree. Noting beats the small ship feel, you see the same folks over and over again, and don't feel like a small face in a huge crowd.

Darth, thanks for all the pics. We'll be on the Legend in about a month. I've read that it's one of the most sailed ships, but I can find so few reviews on CC.

After booking I was hesitant to keep the booking. We've spent the last 3 cruises on Celebrity Equinox, which is quite large. And this will be our first RCI cruise.

After reading all the positives here, I am sooooo looking foward to getting on board this smaller, more intimate ship.

Thank you for all the time you took to do this review for us.

Darth, thanks for all the pics. We'll be on the Legend in about a month. I've read that it's one of the most sailed ships, but I can find so few reviews on CC.

After booking I was hesitant to keep the booking. We've spent the last 3 cruises on Celebrity Equinox, which is quite large. And this will be our first RCI cruise.

After reading all the positives here, I am sooooo looking foward to getting on board this smaller, more intimate ship.

Thank you for all the time you took to do this review for us.

You're welcome!

Thanks for the pictures and review Grady, we've also been on the Enchantment and Vision a few times, but not the Legend.

We were on the Quantum in Nov. and the Oasis and Allure in Dec.....kind of burned out for cruising. However, we booked the Legend 11 night 1-26-15 sailing a while back and wasn't looking forward to it, but your thread is reviving me. Thanks!:)

Thanks for the pictures and review Grady, we've also been on the Enchantment and Vision a few times, but not the Legend.

We were on the Quantum in Nov. and the Oasis and Allure in Dec.....kind of burned out for cruising. However, we booked the Legend 11 night 1-26-15 sailing a while back and wasn't looking forward to it, but your thread is reviving me. Thanks!:)

No problem. I was in the same boat, so to speak. I'd only been on Vision and Enchantment. Since Legend is the oldest, it was interesting to see how the design of the class had been tweaked and refined as they went along.

Hey Darth... or Bob or LMaxwell,

I have MTD coming up. Traditional MDR is set up for way too early for me at 5:30pm or too late at 8pm. What time are the shows normally? I think I remember seeing them at 8pm.

On my cruise planner, it only allows MTD pre-booking for 5:30 or 6:30, not 6pm... which is what I want. If I book 6:30, will that affect me getting to shows on time? I figure I can book through the CL or just go there day 1 and book 6pm for the whole cruise. What do you guys figure?

Thx! :)

Grady, just curious, did you have an MDR assignment? I know you did WJ for dinner.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Yes, we had an assigned table for late seating.

Hey Darth... or Bob or LMaxwell,

I have MTD coming up. Traditional MDR is set up for way too early for me at 5:30pm or too late at 8pm. What time are the shows normally? I think I remember seeing them at 8pm.

On my cruise planner, it only allows MTD pre-booking for 5:30 or 6:30, not 6pm... which is what I want. If I book 6:30, will that affect me getting to shows on time? I figure I can book through the CL or just go there day 1 and book 6pm for the whole cruise. What do you guys figure?

Thx! :)

Sorry, I can't help with the show times. We didn't go to any, and I don't bring the Compasses home.

Hi Grady,

Thank you so much for your awesome pics & comprehensive review.

Legend looks extremely well kept by her crew, very neat and tidy from your photos. The reviews I have read about her recently were less than complimentary about both the ship's condition and her crew so I was very pleased to see and read from you and your fellow forum members' reports that this is not the case!

My fiancé & I sail on Legend for her inaugural 18nt cruise from Hong Kong to Brisbane, Australia on Nov 20 this year and we can't wait to get on board. Legend will be home porting in our hometown of Brisbane over our Summer months and it's exciting to see a ship from our favourite cruise line home porting right on our doorstep. We have only had P&O (Australia) ships based here until now (and I'm not keen to try them either!).

I do have a couple of questions though.

1. Does Legend have European or US power points and how many of them are in the cabin? We will be in a JS for this cruise so not sure how many there are for charging devices etc.

2. What was the coffee like from Lattetudes? Unfortunately, the coffee we had on Radiance was crap - Starbucks I think - and I hope it's much better on Legend.

3. Did you get to meet the Captain? What was his name and is he usually pretty visible around the ship?

4. I notice you did a bridge tour. Was this part of the 'behind the scenes' tour or was it part of your C&A membership? Unfortunately, we aren't at Diamond level yet (bugger!) so we can't access any of the lounges. :( We would love a tour of the ship though if we can do it.

5. I don't suppose you remember if Legend's arcade had a Guitar Hero machine in it? We made good use of the one on our Radiance cruise! :D

Only one more decent cruise (or 2 shorter ones) before we can get to Diamond status, by the time this one is done we will almost be Emerald!

Hi Grady,

Thank you so much for your awesome pics & comprehensive review.

Legend looks extremely well kept by her crew, very neat and tidy from your photos. The reviews I have read about her recently were less than complimentary about both the ship's condition and her crew so I was very pleased to see and read from you and your fellow forum members' reports that this is not the case!

My fiancé & I sail on Legend for her inaugural 18nt cruise from Hong Kong to Brisbane, Australia on Nov 20 this year and we can't wait to get on board. Legend will be home porting in our hometown of Brisbane over our Summer months and it's exciting to see a ship from our favourite cruise line home porting right on our doorstep. We have only had P&O (Australia) ships based here until now (and I'm not keen to try them either!).

I do have a couple of questions though.

1. Does Legend have European or US power points and how many of them are in the cabin? We will be in a JS for this cruise so not sure how many there are for charging devices etc.

2. What was the coffee like from Lattetudes? Unfortunately, the coffee we had on Radiance was crap - Starbucks I think - and I hope it's much better on Legend.

3. Did you get to meet the Captain? What was his name and is he usually pretty visible around the ship?

4. I notice you did a bridge tour. Was this part of the 'behind the scenes' tour or was it part of your C&A membership? Unfortunately, we aren't at Diamond level yet (bugger!) so we can't access any of the lounges. :( We would love a tour of the ship though if we can do it.

5. I don't suppose you remember if Legend's arcade had a Guitar Hero machine in it? We made good use of the one on our Radiance cruise! :D

Only one more decent cruise (or 2 shorter ones) before we can get to Diamond status, by the time this one is done we will almost be Emerald!

Glad you enjoyed the review! Enjoy the Legend, I think she's a great "little" ship!

To your questions:

We had US power outlets in our cabin, there were two of them by the desk.

Edit: Looking back at the pics, it appears that there is also another power outlet at the desk. I think that's the one the crew plug the vacuums into, two circular holes side by side in a recessed socket. If you zoom in on the picture I posted of the desk area you can just make it out next to the bucket with a bottle of wine in it. I'm not sure what standard of outlet that is though.

I can't recall the Captain's name, but we did see him at the past guest party. He was a taller Norwegian fellow. I wouldn't say he was overly visible around the ship though. We don't usually do the evening shows and events, so he may well have been at some of those.

Yes, the bridge tour was part of The Diamond Plus/Pinnacle Club perks. They do offer a behind the scenes tour though (for a fee) and I believe it does go to the bridge as well as several other locations.

Can't help with the Guitar Hero. There is a small arcade up by the teen club, but I can't recall what was in there.

Edited by DarthGrady

I'm curious about internet packages. Did you buy one? Do you know the costs? Thanks.

Unfortunately no, I didn't buy one and I don't know what the prices are. I did use the hour that we get from Crown and Anchor, but that's it.

Enjoyed your wonderful photo tour. Great pictures of the ABC islands.

Thank you!

Fantastic review and i just loved all your pictures.

Thanks for sharing you have given me a great insight on what Legend has to offer and what she looks like. We are looking forward to our cruise around New Zealand Jan 16. Can't wait.

Cheers Goody :)

Edited by Goodyab

Fantastic review and i just loved all your pictures.

Thanks for sharing you have given me a great insight on what Legend has to offer and what she looks like. We are looking forward to our cruise around New Zealand Jan 16. Can't wait.

Cheers Goody :)

Thank you! Hope you have a great cruise!