Pictorial Trip Report: Legend OTS ~ December 15, 2014

DarthGrady

Wow thanks for sharing your pics and experience. We are taking the same cruise in less than 2 weeks and appreciate your revew. I am hoping you can tell me where embarkion is for the ports....bow or stern?

Edited by Losnab

We have one of these "sideways" rooms, 6051. After seeing your pictures, I'm a little leery of the room. It seems very small in your pics. Maybe I'll see if we can upgrade...

I can't determine where the door is, either. Can you explain the door location? We will have our bed separated, will that make the room seem larger or smaller? Thanks.

The door is right behind where I was standing to take that first picture. It's basically where the adjoining door would be for connecting rooms.

It really wasn't any better or worse than regular interior rooms, they're all small, especially on the older RCI ships.

Following along,since you do the best reviews ever!!:D:D:D

Thanks Kathy, you were missed on this cruise! Especially since LT was out of commission most of the time! :D

Did they use the drink tickets for the diamond? Did you have to use your tickets in the Diamond Lounge? Just wondering. Thanks for the great pictures. will be our first time on this class ship. Sailing in February...

Thanks, Judy

No, you don't use your vouchers in the Diamond Lounge or the overflow area (usually the Viking Crown Lounge). They just serve you anything off the menu.

If you go to a regular bar (Schooner Bar, R Bar, etc) they'll use one of your vouchers. You'll still have to order a drink that would be available on the DL menu.

Wow thanks for sharing your pics and experience. We are taking the same cruise in less than 2 weeks and appreciate your revew. I am hoping you can tell me where embarkion is for the ports....bow or stern?

They always used the aft stairs (technically "mid-ship") for the gangway at the ports we visited.

Thx DarthGrady. Awesome pics! I see the Diamond and above vouchers were to be used from 4:30-8? What times were early and late seating? And lastly, I assume that first night was a single "Welcome aboard" show that is typical to RCL (the RCL orchestra, maybe a smaller 10-15 variety act, etc). What time was that at (I hope you can reference a pic of the compass you may have taken).

Thx again :)

Very nice pictures, DarthGrady. Thanks.

Is the Windjammer patio really outside? Can one eat out there are feel like they are actually eating outside? We have always liked the eating area on the backside of the Radiance class ships and was happy to hear that the Legend has an area that sounds similar to the Radiance class ships.

Very nice pictures, DarthGrady. Thanks.

Is the Windjammer patio really outside? Can one eat out there are feel like they are actually eating outside? We have always liked the eating area on the backside of the Radiance class ships and was happy to hear that the Legend has an area that sounds similar to the Radiance class ships.

It's not as nice as that aft porch area on the Radiance Class, but it's not bad. The WJ on the Vision Class ships is all the way forward on the pool deck, so the patio has a view of the main pool. It does still feel outdoorsy with the big glass windows, you just don't get that nice view of the wake.

Thx DarthGrady. Awesome pics! I see the Diamond and above vouchers were to be used from 4:30-8? What times were early and late seating? And lastly, I assume that first night was a single "Welcome aboard" show that is typical to RCL (the RCL orchestra, maybe a smaller 10-15 variety act, etc). What time was that at (I hope you can reference a pic of the compass you may have taken).

Sorry, I can't help with the show times, we never went to them and I didn't save the Compasses. I do know that they have a Welcome Aboard show, I heard other's talking about it.

I believe the dinner times were 5:30 and 8.

Hi, Claudio! This is where I went when I left you. ;)

The drinking times are 4:30-8:00 when the set dining times are 5:30 & 8. About six of the ships, I think, have this timing.

Yes, one "welcome aboard" show. 7:15

Other nights:

2 - 8:30 & 10:15

3 - 6:30 & 8:30 (Swing City)

4 - 8:30 & 10:15

5 - 8:45 & 10:30

6 - 6:30 & 8:30

7 - 6:30 & 8:30 (Invitation To Dance)

8 - 6:30 & 8:30

9 - special afternoon holiday show at 3:30 & then 6:30 & 8:30

All of the blanks were "guest entertainers/headliners".

This is a good review. I'm surprised with 10 nights you didn't go to ANY of the shows. I was Leary of taking a cruise on Legend due to it being older and smaller, but the reviews and comments have convinced me not to avoid it.

We usually don't go to the shows unless it's something special, more than just the typical song and dance stuff.

I enjoy doing the bars and lounges more, especially if they have live music.

I was Leary of taking a cruise on Legend due to it being older and smaller, but the reviews and comments have convinced me not to avoid it.

We did the April 2014 transatlantic on Legend and it was one of the best cruises we have had in a looong time! Everyone from the Captain down gave 110% to ensure the passengers had a good experience.

We did the April 2014 transatlantic on Legend and it was one of the best cruises we have had in a looong time! Everyone from the Captain down gave 110% to ensure the passengers had a good experience.

Likewise with our Oct 2013 transatlantic on Legend.:)

Along with a number of folsk that already posted, we'll be sailing in March as well. I have a couple questions. Any chance you saw any Fres Style Coke machines on the ship? Also curious. You mentioned vouchers for the Diamond drinks. Were these on your sail pass as on some other ships or actual paper coupons? Lastly, does the Legend still have paper C&A coupons or are those on the sail passes now?

Thank you for posting all these wonderful pictures. We look forward to all you're posts on this thread.

Thanx,

Erika

Along with a number of folsk that already posted, we'll be sailing in March as well. I have a couple questions. Any chance you saw any Fres Style Coke machines on the ship? Also curious. You mentioned vouchers for the Diamond drinks. Were these on your sail pass as on some other ships or actual paper coupons? Lastly, does the Legend still have paper C&A coupons or are those on the sail passes now?

Thank you for posting all these wonderful pictures. We look forward to all you're posts on this thread.

Thanx,

Erika

Thanks for the kind words, I hope you have as great a cruise as we did!

To your questions:

No freestyle Coke machines on Legend.

The three nightly drink vouchers are loaded onto your Seapass. You just tell the bartender that your using one of them when you order a drink.

The Legend is on the new electronic coupons.

You take the best pictures. Thank you so much for sharing!

Thanks for the review, we sail in Feb. just a few cabins away from yours. We are enjoying this very much. Great info, keep it coming.:)

Thank you for your pictures and review. We sail on her in March and are enjoying seeing some current post about her and your experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks so much for all the compliments everyone! Sorry to keep you guys waiting. I'll be back home tomorrow, so I'll post more of the review and pictures then.

We usually don't go to the shows unless it's something special, more than just the typical song and dance stuff.

I enjoy doing the bars and lounges more, especially if they have live music.

How was the live music/bands on your cruise? I know cruise life varies each sailing, I do hope for a lively atmosphere in a few weeks!

John in NC