Man Overboard Oasis - Picked up by Disney Magic

ryano

I'd like to hear the truth! When I told my DH about this he just laughed and said the guy was really drunk or doing something stupid! Now if I went overboard I'd die on the way down from fear!

The truth is your husband is 100% correct :)

I'd like to hear the truth! When I told my DH about this he just laughed and said the guy was really drunk or doing something stupid! Now if I went overboard I'd die on the way down from fear!
I don't think it was "or", but rather "and".

At least when he sobered up he realized that claiming being swept away by a rouge wave of 50-80 feet which went unnoticed by any person, ship or buoy was a wee bit much.

So--any updates about the man overboard? I would *LOVE* to hear more about this enormous wave that swept the passenger off the bow of the ship.

I'ts been reported that story did to happen. he fell from deck 5, not the bow.

Do you have a source for that? I would love to share it to stop people from cruise-shaming!

A close up 1080p HD video of the idiot in action wouldn't stop that.

Edited by ryano

There is no source, there is no chance, RCI is going to put the video that they have on you tube... The media, runs with the garbage they are fed from trial lawyers trying to make a buck. The moronic idiot 22 year old is not going on tv or anywhere in the next 20 years to tell his story about how he climbed on top of a life boat and took a selfie, or did whatever he stupidly did, and nobody is going to press this issue to its finality. He will be banned from RCI and other cruiselines for the rest of his life, and you will never "know" what really happened. On the upside, unlike when people die, the moron is still alive. One can hope he changes and realizes he has a real oppurtunity for a life and lives it to the fullest..... BUT WE SHALL NEVER REALLY KNOW...

that is the truth they don't tell you on Yahoo news, or CNN...

just sayin

jc

According to whatever news channel I was watching in Miami, could have been CNN at the time (I don't make it a habit of watching CNN which stands for certainly no news)....a man named Frank Jade claims he was swept off the bow by a giant wave at 3am. Of course no one else saw any giant wave because there was none....maybe the rough seas made the waves look giant to him. This was prior to someone else on another CC thread saying he climbed out onto one of the lifeboats and fell from Deck 5 and was spotted in the ocean by a passenger from the Disney Magic. His whole story was concocted but I'm sure some will blame RCCL for not keeping track of their passengers and that everyone needs to wear a wrist bracelet and that there needs to be safety nets around the decks, yadda, yadda, yadda. So the cruise lines need to become baby sitters for their 'adult' passengers? Not.

Edited by Diver2014
didn't use spellchek

Thought you all might find this interesting... an interview with a couple on the Disney ship who claim they're the ones who saw the guy:

http://www.wave3.com/story/27854579/exclusive-louisville-couple-first-spot-man-who-fell-from-cruise-ship?autostart=true

Wow. Hopefully the baby will get a bottle of chocolate milk as a treat for what alerting her parents.

Soooooo, which is it, did the guy spend 5 hours or approx. 1 1/2 hours in the water? Someone posted there was a video of him going in far short of 5 hours. I, for one, have a hard time believing he battled those waves for 5 hours. What is the source about the video?

Soooooo, which is it, did the guy spend 5 hours or approx. 1 1/2 hours in the water? Someone posted there was a video of him going in far short of 5 hours. I, for one, have a hard time believing he battled those waves for 5 hours. What is the source about the video?

I read a news article that said the RCI video showed him go over at 6:07 and that the dissent ship was alerted at 7:31 am by the people who spotted him.

Have not been able to verify the source of the 6:07 overboard claim, however.\ so it's possible it's as reliable as the source who said he said a giant wave swept him off the bow.

A detail I had not seen before. I am not vouching for the accuracy of this, but it sounds plausible.

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/news

Disney Magic Cruiseship Rescues Castaway

A man who was on board the cruise ship “Oasis of the Seas” which was headed to Cozumel, ended up fighting for his life in the waters of the Mexican Caribbean. He was rescued by personnel of the “Disney Magic” ship and when they arrived to the Island of Cozumel he was taken to a private hospital.

The passenger is called simply Frank N and he was located about seven in the morning on Thursday January 8th floating eight miles off the coast of Cozumel. Once detected in the water, alarms were activated and a boat was dispatched to provide assistance. Sources inside the Port Captain's Office indicated that the subject was reported stable after being treated at a hospital. It is estimated that the castaway spent at least three hours at sea.

So far, it is unknown how the passenger fell from the cruise ship Oasis of the Seas. It was not specified if the cruise crew realized that one of their passengers went overboard. When the tourist was initially sighted by two passengers aboard the Disney Magic he was completely naked.

The passenger was returned to the Oasis of the Seas the same day and returned to the US. The individual could be sued by the company Royal Caribbean International (RCI), if it is determined that he jumped out of the boat. Preliminary investigations have begun.

He will be banned from RCI and other cruiselines for the rest of his life,

jc

What I don't get is how RCI and other cruiseline are going to share a database of "banned" passengers.

Governments can't seem to get a "no fly" list right.

I just don't see it happening with a group of corporate entities.

The guys is still a idiot.

What I don't get is how RCI and other cruiseline are going to share a database of "banned" passengers.

Governments can't seem to get a "no fly" list right.

I just don't see it happening with a group of corporate entities.

The guys is still a idiot.

I don't think it would be very difficult for the CEOs of RCCL, NCL, Carnival, Hal, and Disney to pass around a list once a week when they get together for lunch.

I suspect the idiot probably would not be booking Crystal, Seaborn, or Paul Gagnon but I could be wrong.

Edited by Ocean Boy

A detail I had not seen before. I am not vouching for the accuracy of this, but it sounds plausible.

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/news

Disney Magic Cruiseship Rescues Castaway

A man who was on board the cruise ship “Oasis of the Seas” which was headed to Cozumel, ended up fighting for his life in the waters of the Mexican Caribbean. He was rescued by personnel of the “Disney Magic” ship and when they arrived to the Island of Cozumel he was taken to a private hospital.

The passenger is called simply Frank N and he was located about seven in the morning on Thursday January 8th floating eight miles off the coast of Cozumel. Once detected in the water, alarms were activated and a boat was dispatched to provide assistance. Sources inside the Port Captain's Office indicated that the subject was reported stable after being treated at a hospital. It is estimated that the castaway spent at least three hours at sea.

So far, it is unknown how the passenger fell from the cruise ship Oasis of the Seas. It was not specified if the cruise crew realized that one of their passengers went overboard. When the tourist was initially sighted by two passengers aboard the Disney Magic he was completely naked.

The passenger was returned to the Oasis of the Seas the same day and returned to the US. The individual could be sued by the company Royal Caribbean International (RCI), if it is determined that he jumped out of the boat. Preliminary investigations have begun.

And yet on the video that's currently running on MSN, when he was picked up he was completely clothed;)