GTY rate outcomes: post 'em here!

Alegeeter

Wowhoo, should we really start doing the happy dance now - ice, sleet & snow and can't wait to sail with 41 days to go on the BA (again - 3/22/2015 out of NYC - Florida/GSC/Bahamas) - boring ITN but great ship (our 2nd. time on her) and I think we scored an excellent upgrade, all things & everything else taken into consideration >>>>>>>> to a Balcony, Deck 10 FWD instead - wow :D :)

Details: booked OC online ourselves during last month's big promo, on courtesy hold/used our cruise reward (FCC) as deposit but unable to select our cabin # (Deck 5) and confirmed to be a GTY with $200 OBC selected. Rates went up for OV as inventory shrinked - completed payment & confirmed. Finished our online check-in with the pax info last Friday, started booking our dining & shows, etc. - last check this morning, OC/GTY still listed, not expecting anything until we get closer. Okay, perhaps we could get a midship OV on deck 5, right ? Long odds in getting one of the few "OA" Fwd on deck 9, 10, 11, 12 or 13, so we wait like last time.

Checked again just before noon, GTY is gone, still showed "OC" category and now 1071x listed. OK, did we get one of the few forward OV cabins all the way in front of the ship.

Oh, OMG - a balcony, BD category on deck 10 FWD, a long walk to AFT to the Manhattan Dining Room but heck, we will cheerfully take it. It has bedding for up to 3 with the sofa, Queen bed closer to the balcony with the sofa near the entry/bath. Yay, it's only the 2 of us this time. Plenty of space to stretch out, relax & enjoy the sunset & sunrise, enjoy room service for breakfast & mid-afternoon snack, etc. as the ship is the "destination" as we've done this itinerary several times already - might not even bothered going onshore to do much, if any, at all. Being all the forward, it could be rocking & rolling a bit if sea conditions are rough but our sea legs are well conditioned from previous storm sailings on smaller ships, so we will be fine, I think. :p

eDocs not ready to print yet, so things could still change - keeping it quiet for now & not telling Mrs. M until eDocs ready showed up for the sailing. This is so rare and unusual, I simply cannot believed it - so, NCL, this better not be a mistake as I took a screenshot of this "interim" assignment just in case. ;)

Wowhoo, should we really start doing the happy dance now - ice, sleet & snow and can't wait to sail with 41 days to go on the BA (again - 3/22/2015 out of NYC - Florida/GSC/Bahamas) - boring ITN but great ship (our 2nd. time on her) and I think we scored an excellent upgrade, all things & everything else taken into consideration >>>>>>>> to a Balcony, Deck 10 FWD instead - wow :D :)

Details: booked OC online ourselves during last month's big promo, on courtesy hold/used our cruise reward (FCC) as deposit but unable to select our cabin # (Deck 5) and confirmed to be a GTY with $200 OBC selected. Rates went up for OV as inventory shrinked - completed payment & confirmed. Finished our online check-in with the pax info last Friday, started booking our dining & shows, etc. - last check this morning, OC/GTY still listed, not expecting anything until we get closer. Okay, perhaps we could get a midship OV on deck 5, right ? Long odds in getting one of the few "OA" Fwd on deck 9, 10, 11, 12 or 13, so we wait like last time.

Checked again just before noon, GTY is gone, still showed "OC" category and now 1071x listed. OK, did we get one of the few forward OV cabins all the way in front of the ship.

Oh, OMG - a balcony, BD category on deck 10 FWD, a long walk to AFT to the Manhattan Dining Room but heck, we will cheerfully take it. It has bedding for up to 3 with the sofa, Queen bed closer to the balcony with the sofa near the entry/bath. Yay, it's only the 2 of us this time. Plenty of space to stretch out, relax & enjoy the sunset & sunrise, enjoy room service for breakfast & mid-afternoon snack, etc. as the ship is the "destination" as we've done this itinerary several times already - might not even bothered going onshore to do much, if any, at all. Being all the forward, it could be rocking & rolling a bit if sea conditions are rough but our sea legs are well conditioned from previous storm sailings on smaller ships, so we will be fine, I think. :p

eDocs not ready to print yet, so things could still change - keeping it quiet for now & not telling Mrs. M until eDocs ready showed up for the sailing. This is so rare and unusual, I simply cannot believed it - so, NCL, this better not be a mistake as I took a screenshot of this "interim" assignment just in case. ;)

That's awesome. We booked OA on the Breakaway sailing 3/15/15 and are still waiting for our cabin assignment.

Well, were reserved the cheapest inside Gty room for the Gem this coming March... the rates were dropping like crazy so at first our TA bumped us up one category GTY inside room, as they would not offer any OBC, then rates dropped again, so now we are in an assigned family size inside stateroom as high as we can go in the inside room category, now when we check in, seeing as we are pass NCL cruisers I am hoping for one more upgrade. ;)

I know this isn't what the OP meant for this thread, but I thought I would share.

That's awesome. We booked OA on the Breakaway sailing 3/15/15 and are still waiting for our cabin assignment.
#Thumbs up & bottoms up for that matter. It's official, eDocs notified & ready and I believe we are set, booked 50 days out (as noted earlier) on the Breakaway, Oceanview "OC" - GTY cabin and 40 days out, assigned to #1071x cabin, which is a Balcony (Fwd - Starboard side) "BD". Here's the screenshot - amazing !!

NCL%20BA%203-22-2015%20Sailing%20-%20Upgrade%20OC%20to%20BC%20eDocs.jpg

This is truly an exception and totally unexpected - I am guessing that NCL has plenty of balcony cabins and bumping us up (also checked pricing, it is higher than what we paid but oceanview is costing just as much as balcony). Our bed is next to the balcony with the sofa next to the bath or closer to the doorway, so it will "feel" roomier too with space to move around - and, 2 huge drawer beneath the sofa for storage - yay !

Good luck on your your "OA" GTY assignment sailing the week ahead of us - hopefully, you can score an upgrade to a balcony too just like us. When we booked an Inside GTY last minute in 2014, NCL didn't assign us our stateroom until much closer to sailing date and we're on deck 13 AFT then - have patience.

Edited by mking8288

Sailing : 08April2015 - Rome 10day

Ship: Jade

Booked: BX

Assigned: 8034 B2 Family balcony, connecting to 8036.

For the price we paid, no complaints. That said, we'd prefer a full balcony as opposed to the cut-out hull balcony. We've asked out TA to contact NCL to see what possible upgrades might be available.

Regardless of the outcome, we're going to have a blast!

Greg (& Jeremy)

Sailing : 08April2015 - Rome 10day

Ship: Jade

Booked: BX

Assigned: 8034 B2 Family balcony, connecting to 8036.

For the price we paid, no complaints. That said, we'd prefer a full balcony as opposed to the cut-out hull balcony. We've asked out TA to contact NCL to see what possible upgrades might be available.

Regardless of the outcome, we're going to have a blast!

Greg (& Jeremy)

We had the same thing happen to us on our last Alaska cruise, ending up with the in-hull balcony and weren't super happy about it. Turned out to not be a problem AT ALL. Balcony was less windy than full balconies we've had in the past, and we had a great view of the inside passage.

Booked an OX GTY on our recent Jewel cruise, would have been fine with ANY obstructed oceanview...

I got assigned 8074 on Deck 8 right by O'sheehan's, so I am thinking "This will be perfect"

We get to our room and we have FROSTED windows, aka NO view and really no light at all.

Probably our worst GTY assignment yet.

Booked a BD guaranty on Dawn for an April cruise about 120 days out. Was assigned 9090 almost immediately. Now about 2 months away from the cruise. Looks like a decent location. Have been on several cruises, only booked a guaranty once before with good luck, so I'm not too worried. As far as I can tell it's not obstructed, which would be the only thing that would ruin it for me.

Booked 2 OX OV Guarantees on Breakaway from NY on March 15th. Booked 3 weeks ago and was assigned 2 Balcony cabins on deck 11 one week ago AND they are only 4 doors down from each other. This is the first time that we have jumped a cabin category on a guarantee. For our "extra" cruises we usually book inside guarantees and have always been happy with the cabin we receive but this one took the cake!!!!! Less than 4 weeks away. So excited:D

Hello, I'm 3 days out from my first NCL cruise, on Pride of America (2/21/15) and finally got assigned!

I booked a BX guarantee and got a B1, room 10682, an aft-facing balcony. Very pleased! (Hopefully noise from the cafe deck above won't be too bad.)

FYI this was sort of a last-minute vacation; I just booked this on 2/10, which was 11 days before the cruise.

Best,

Jeff

Hello, I'm 3 days out from my first NCL cruise, on Pride of America (2/21/15) and finally got assigned!

I booked a BX guarantee and got a B1, room 10682, an aft-facing balcony. Very pleased! (Hopefully noise from the cafe deck above won't be too bad.)

FYI this was sort of a last-minute vacation; I just booked this on 2/10, which was 11 days before the cruise.

Best,

Jeff

Wow - that's awesome! We are sailing POA in May and booked BX guarantee. I had been assigned a BF over the Mardi Gras lounge. We cancelled and rebooked to take advantage of lower pricing, OBC and UDP. We "lost" our cabin (thank goodness) and are now waiting to see what we get. Have a great cruise!!!

• 2 months later...

We are a little over 2 weeks out, and saw a price drop- called and got upgraded from balcony BC to a guarantee mini-suite. Nervous as I had hand picked the balcony for the side of the ship and location. Guess I will keep my fingers crossed for it. Does anyone know if there is such a thing as obstructed view mini suites? Also wound up getting $140 refunded to me as I had apparently over paid for the cruise, and the cost of my insurance also dropped, so as long as the mini-suite isn't obstructed or in a loud area, I will be super happy! :D

Oh, and cruise is on the Jewel to Alaska.

When I logged into MyNCL on Tuesday, I was pleasantly surprised to have been assigned mid-ship mini-suite 12202 on our Thanksgiving 2015 Escape cruise. We are still190 days out. Have only paid deposit+FCC+DSC [emoji4]

Couldn't be happier with the assignment. Originally had a mid-ship BA balcony on 15, but was afraid of moving chairs from pool deck right above. I had feared being assigned a family mini near the kiddies.

Ok... So I'm new to NCL and totally confused. Just booked a mini guarantee 10 months out! Was immediately assigned an MB (the same price as the guarantee). Why would they assign so quickly so far out????

Ok... So I'm new to NCL and totally confused. Just booked a mini guarantee 10 months out! Was immediately assigned an MB (the same price as the guarantee). Why would they assign so quickly so far out????

So I was told that guarantees for quads were closed out... Whatever that means. Guess I am stuck where I was put. If I had known when booking which happened 3 hours before I was assigned, I would have chosen differently. Trying not to start out regretting trying this line.

Booked a Mini-Suite guarantee.... got a Mini-Suite room that's typically used for guarantees. Very near Aft elevators on deck 11, so I'm happy. Still hoping to upgrade to 2 bedroom family suite, not sure if NCL is upselling on this cruise. 11 days out and full availability still online.

As mentioned previously - we upgraded to a mini-suite guarantee (due to price drop after final payment)- just got assigned 11500- which is a mini-suite all the way forward from what I can tell. Can't wait! Single digit dance!!!:D

• 2 months later...

Booked a guaranteed quad balcony for Jewel August 15th and was just assigned Balcony BC 9160. Never sailed NCL.....was hoping for a complete aft, spa suite or better but doesn't look like a bad spot:)