How am I getting to BERMUDA

beautifullady

Hey all. Not interested in any other cruiseline so need help choosing between dawn and breakway to beautiful bermuda!! I will be going in june or august with my daughter 21, her boyfriend 22, and my son 17. Im sure breakaway would be a great ship for them, but im nervous about the overcrowding! The dawn would be much cheaper,but I heard alot of negative reviews about wear and tear,food,and not so friendly crew,and ship looking dirt among other things!! I know i cannot have it all but, i want to be on a ship where I am comfy, can relax, enjoy the food, great entertainment! Last summer on the gem I had all of that(miss that darn ship)except the destination!! Need help cc friends!! Tell me everything about both ships good and bad! Thanks!

NCL does a great job taking care of their ship. Some people just fail to understand that when you have 3000+ people on a ship that there is some wear and tear that occurs, however, they do take care of these issues when they discover them or are made aware of them. Also, anything exposed to the salt air that is made of metal (ie. a cruise ship) will rust, but again, NCL is pretty diligent about taking care of it.

Haven't been on a cruise yet where I haven't seen crew members performing maintenance somewhere on the ship. On our last cruise, they were re-finishing the balcony rails around the ship. On a cruise before that, they changed out a door lock on the balcony door that we didn't even know was broken.

We're booked on the Dawn to Bermuda October 9th. I personally like the 'smaller' ships. And as you pointed out...it's less costly. I think sometimes you have to take the over the top negative reviews with a grain of salt. I had read some bad reviews of the Sky but we really didn't notice anything particularly concerning when we went on her last Fall.

Whichever one you decide upon...I am sure you & your family will have a great

time..

Happy sailing!

We're just of the Dawn and have two more booked on her. I have no idea where you hearing that kind of information. Ship is in nice shape, crew is wonderful and food was some of the best we've had on NCL in recent years. I know there was one post recently by someone that just was posting crazy info about the Dawn, but it was far from true. She's a nice ship.

I've sailed on the Dawn out of Tampa to the western Caribbean and I have the Dawn booked again to Bermuda for this August. I've don't the Breakaway to Bermuda twice (the second time we got diverted bc of the hurricane :( ) I like both ships and I live in NY so going on the Breakaway is easier for me but I like the Dawn also and want a change this time to Bermuda.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Forums mobile app

Just got off of the Dawn a couple weeks ago. We have already booked the Dawn for 7/15/16 Boston to Bermuda. That should tell you how we felt about the ship and crew, both were great. We looked at the Breakaway but could not justify the price difference, nearly $600 pp, just to be on a bigger/newer ship.

Edited by PCLMassachusetts

I'm not 20, and the 20 year olds I've cruised with have been very into just relaxing. With that caveat, I've been on both to Bermuda. The Breakaway is big and boisterous and loud - very New York. The Dawn is smaller, quieter, less crowded, less frantic - more Boston. Both had plenty to do.

Why not ask them what kind of trip they're looking for? They may surprise you.

Save the money and do the Dawn, use the savings for lunches on the island....drinks at the Swizzle Inn and enjoying life on that expensive island. :D

Haven't been on the bigger ships.. but agree the Dawn is great.... have cruised many times and are going again in May....

Has anyone heard that the ship is going in to dry dock?

Done boston to bermuda twice now and the dawn is a great ship and the crew has always been so nice. Booked again for june 03 2016. The dawn is going into dry dock for 3 weeks in may 2016 and the 6/3/2016 sailing will be the first sailing out of boston.

I've been on both Dawn and BA. I wouldn't spend the money to go on BA to Bermuda, because of the three days you get to spend on the Island. I love the Dawn, but I like a quieter vacation. Just like everyone else said, it depends if you want a quiet atmosphere (there's still stuff to do, but it does kind of shut down at 10 pm) or a lot more going on. For me, the bottom line would be the money. With three days in Port and so many things to do there, I would take the cheapest "transport", if you will, and take the Dawn.

Done boston to bermuda twice now and the dawn is a great ship and the crew has always been so nice. Booked again for june 03 2016. The dawn is going into dry dock for 3 weeks in may 2016 and the 6/3/2016 sailing will be the first sailing out of boston.

We usually go the first of May.. but guess it will be June next year..that is good.. ship will be fresh .. for our 50th anniversary!!

Four of us recently booked the Dawn, Boston---Bermuda for June. We've been on it at least three times for various itineraries, and always enjoyed ourselves.

We don't want to be on a mega ship where we'd have to make rezzies for MDR dinners or shows. On the Dawn, that is not necessary. The Dawn's promenade deck has great views of the sea. From what we read of the megas, things are geared toward the inside. I like to be outside as much as possible.

Dawn, here we come.

Four of us recently booked the Dawn, Boston---Bermuda for June. We've been on it at least three times for various itineraries, and always enjoyed ourselves.

We don't want to be on a mega ship where we'd have to make rezzies for MDR dinners or shows. On the Dawn, that is not necessary. The Dawn's promenade deck has great views of the sea. From what we read of the megas, things are geared toward the inside. I like to be outside as much as possible.

Dawn, here we come.

Agree with your second paragraph!!!!!.. that is why we like the Dawn....

no question Breakaway........I have done both, the only reason I enjoyed the Dawn was I was in the Garden Villa. The Dawn is an old ship and limited entertainment - much less things to do in the evening, no bliss even, no comedy club either....Go with Breakaway. I even booked Breakaway to Bermuda again for this Sept

Edited by tlreze

We loved the Dawn - sailed last October and are booked again for May.

Yes, it is an older ship but we saw very few signs of wear and tear. Found the crew to be wonderful, food was great (did not eat at the specialty venues) and ship was clean.

Dawn, here we come.

Glad to hear good reviews of the Dawn. While the Epic was a great cruise, I didn't like the feeling of disconnection from the water. We're booking the Dawn to Bermuda this week. Can't wait!

Sent from my phone. Typos are inevitable.

I was on the Dawn in August 2013 and I thought the crew didn't seem happy. Also, I was the third person in a balcony room (on the pull out bed) and it was uncomfortable as hell. I figured that could have soured my experience quite a bit. Also, it rained a LOT.

We decided to give it another shot and booked the Dawn for an August cruising. This time around I'll have an actual bed, will ask for extra pillows and even if the weather stinks, I'll have the UBP. If I drink enough, nothing will annoy me:)

I'm not 20, and the 20 year olds I've cruised with have been very into just relaxing. With that caveat, I've been on both to Bermuda. The Breakaway is big and boisterous and loud - very New York. The Dawn is smaller, quieter, less crowded, less frantic - more Boston. Both had plenty to do.

Why not ask them what kind of trip they're looking for? They may surprise you.

I'm confused. The Breakaway is very NY and the Dawn is very Boston? I'm confused because the Dawn used to leave from NYC, I took the dawn to Canada in 2008.

And a lot of people from other states come to NYC to get the Breakaway.

The Breakaway would be loud and boisterous even if it left from Boston. If I had to choose, I'd pick the Dawn.

Edited by Ms.Eva

Any one who ever did the Pub Crawl on the DAWN wont say it was quiet and sedate. This is no HAL or Celebrity ship (Been on both those lines and had a great time, just a different atmosphere). DAWN has plenty to keep a 20's yo something to do. I will be sailing DAWN for the 3 time to Bermuda in May/June 2015.

With that said... We are really looking forward to our Breakaway cruise to FL/Bahamas in Nov.

Edited by NH Cruisers

One reason why I didn't pick the Dawn for Bermuda is because one of the ports day is a Sunday. One of my co-workers went on the Dawn for her honeymoon and just about everything was closed in Hamilton, including Gosling's. This was about 3 years ago so perhaps this has changed.

One reason why I didn't pick the Dawn for Bermuda is because one of the ports day is a Sunday. One of my co-workers went on the Dawn for her honeymoon and just about everything was closed in Hamilton, including Gosling's. This was about 3 years ago so perhaps this has changed.

I see this being a concern. I make Sunday my beach day.