I thought I heard everything

david_sobe

Here's what they DID think of next:

Person "A" had celiac disease.

For some reason, it seems that A didn't actually *speak* to someone about special dining needs until after SEVERAL DAYS of increasing medical problems.

... and then - yes, wait for it - actually complained that she/he had to speak to someone about it for special menu arrangements.

I guess A expected that ALL food on the ship would be prepared for his/her special dietary needs?

THEY WALK AMONG US..........

ok, I want to complain that the ice melts in my lemonade when

I am out on deck in 80 (30 c) degree weather.:D

See I guess I'm just an optimist because I look at this as a challenge. (Since I always purchase the UBP) I must finish my drink before the ice melts. If the ice melts, the drink has expired and thus I need a new drink.

I get a chuckle with cruise reviews that are overly dramatic with small or trivial things that makes them give negative reviews.

No lobster night, room service not saying hello, someone did not smile, or there was nothing to eat the entire cruise. But today in the Getaway reviews there is something new. The carpet around the ship did not have enough cushion. It was so bad they were forced to wear tennis shoes because the carpet was too hard.

Hmmm, vacations do make you walk a lot in port and all over the ship. How in the world does carpet cushion on the ship come into the equation? Even if you have health issues or have trouble walking, the waterfront or other areas are not carpeted. How could the carpet cushion ruin your cruise? What next? The water in the pool gets you wet :eek:

So it is official, I have heard of everything :eek:

lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Naww. I'm predicting that someone allergic to fish will complain that the passageway carpeting almost killed them.

We sail norwegian because there carpet won't kill my daughter. Yes, I've had other cruise lines tell me they could make x, y and z safe but that their carpet contains latex..Not going to work with a 4 year old to keep her off the floor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This crappy carpet has to stop.

Quick, post on Facebook.

Tweet your twitter.

Hit up instagram.

Call Fox News.

And, most important call and demand to speak to Kevin "O'shucks, I am out of here", or his replacement.

They need to take care of their customers or I am going to Carnival.

I swear today something is in the universe affecting people :eek: I see on another thread a fellow ended a rand with "ESAD" .... I had to google this one especially since I just today paid my dues to the EASD ...European Associatiin for the Study of Diabetes.... I thought maybe this fellow is in the same medical field :rolleyes: but apparently not

I swear today something is in the universe affecting people :eek: I see on another thread a fellow ended a rand with "ESAD" .... I had to google this one especially since I just today paid my dues to the EASD ...European Associatiin for the Study of Diabetes.... I thought maybe this fellow is in the same medical field :rolleyes: but apparently not

I seen that and I also had to google it. I was very shocked at what it meant considering in an earlier post, he said if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.

I actually agree with the carpet comment. I thought it was so uncomfortable, I had to ask my room steward to carry me around the ship. That's when the problems really started. I am not a small person, and he dropped me. Twice. So, I had to crawl to Guest Services to have the mandatory required unfair gratuities reduced. That's when I realized - there are no chairs in the hallways, in case you need to rest between steps. This is intolerable. Do I have to try to get an upgrade to get someone who could carry me around successfully? Who do I have to yell at to get chairs put all the way down the halls?

This is one of the many times I wish we could 'reply' to a review!

Which, is actually, the problem. Anyone can write anything they want in a review with absolutely no repercussions.

Harriet

Oh come on, Harriet. A review is nothing more than one person's opinion of that one person's experience.

Everyone should have the opportunity to state their own opinion wthout any "repercussions".

If anyone would have a different opinion, or if anyone had a different experience, they could simply write their own review...with absolutely no repercussions.

Maybe this would be a better place if people could state their experiences without "repercussions". ;)

My favourite holiday gripe was from a family doing a day trip to Pompeii.

They were told by the tour organisers that there is walking and it is on uneven ground.

We were behind them on the tour when they asked the guide where the escalator was as it was unacceptable for their aged mother to walk on this old bumpy path :)

HAHA just looked up ESAD....Not nice. Not nice at all. I do agree with Harriet though. I have only been on a few cruises myself and read reviews for legit reviews that are based on fact, not opinion. I realize they are usually just opinions but really??? Of course, I can weed through the malarkey but reading that a particular cruise ship is horrible because the poster's balcony was supposed to be 82 square feet but it measured 81.7 square feet is nuts. Also, they tried to demand a refund for their entire cruise because they were beyond upset that people had brought their children to dinner in the main dining room and thought that was inconsiderate. What should people do with their children? Stash them in the closet with their suitcases? Make them stay in the room with a couple of pb&j sandwiches and an iPad? HAHA. I'm a 9-1-1 dispatcher so I've pretty much heard it all but some of those reviews just make me shake my head HAHA.

HAHA just looked up ESAD....Not nice. Not nice at all. I do agree with Harriet though. I have only been on a few cruises myself and read reviews for legit reviews that are based on fact, not opinion. I realize they are usually just opinions but really??? Of course, I can weed through the malarkey but reading that a particular cruise ship is horrible because the poster's balcony was supposed to be 82 square feet but it measured 81.7 square feet is nuts. Also, they tried to demand a refund for their entire cruise because they were beyond upset that people had brought their children to dinner in the main dining room and thought that was inconsiderate. What should people do with their children? Stash them in the closet with their suitcases? Make them stay in the room with a couple of pb&j sandwiches and an iPad? HAHA. I'm a 9-1-1 dispatcher so I've pretty much heard it all but some of those reviews just make me shake my head HAHA.

You do get a lot of crazies in your job. My daughter (39) is a 9-1-1 dispatcher with the San Bernardino County Sheriffs office. She calls me every day with a story lol. I always look forward to her calls.

You do get a lot of crazies in your job. My daughter (39) is a 9-1-1 dispatcher with the San Bernardino County Sheriffs office. She calls me every day with a story lol. I always look forward to her calls.

Haha. Yeah. I've been there 13 years and I am still amazed by just how crazy the crazies are. Job security!!!

Not to get off topic but my dd just took the 9-1-1 dispatcher test for NYC. She is 21 and in her last year of college. Does your dd like the job?

Oh come on, Harriet. A review is nothing more than one person's opinion of that one person's experience.

Everyone should have the opportunity to state their own opinion wthout any "repercussions".

If anyone would have a different opinion, or if anyone had a different experience, they could simply write their own review...with absolutely no repercussions.

Maybe this would be a better place if people could state their experiences without "repercussions". ;)

One one hand I agree with you.....

on the other hand some people really need to be shaken and asked, WTH?

Harriet

Everyone should have the opportunity to state their own opinion wthout any "repercussions"....

SeaShark : I tend to agree with most of your posts, and almost agree with the above comment.

BUT - many times a review includes erroneous information (vs opinion) and it would be good if folks could reply and clear it up.

We were assigned a dinner table on another line with a guy who did nothing but complain. One night he asked the waiter to get him a glass of ice tea. The waiter returned with the tea only to be berated by this guy because the glass was too big! Not only was the guy yelling at the waiter but he was really nasty. This was one of the few times that I have witnessed someone complaining that they had too much of anything! Needless to say we changed our table to get away from this guy.