"LIVE" from Quantum of the Seas - Jan. 23, 2015

Radio

Thank you both for your recommendations of beaches. I will definitely look into them. Do you have any idea what a taxi costs to them? Having little ones with you, were you worried that they weren't in car seats?

Thanks,

Cheryl

If I remember correctly, it was $6 per person but for our 2 littlest ones they didn't charge us as they were on our laps. I know the whole car seat thing can be tricky. Most of the cabs don't even have seat belts to attach a carseat to so that's why I haven't brought ours. Usually my little ones are attached to me via a sling and because of the heavy traffic on the roads, you don't travel at high speeds. Most times you are just crawling along.

Hi Radio

Thanks so much for taking the time to write your report. We are onboard soon, and this is making it seem closer by the minute!

Would you be able to answer a quick question, are the pools salt water?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

so enjoyed all the post...we are going with 2 others couples March 1st....we have done the Oasis and Allure...and we are very spoiled by both ship...reviews are getting better...but a open mind and a nice drink and warm weather is all i need right now...thanks again...love the pictures...

Hi Radio

Thanks so much for taking the time to write your report. We are onboard soon, and this is making it seem closer by the minute!

Would you be able to answer a quick question, are the pools salt water?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All Pools and Spas are Freshwater !

Thanks for the nice comments. . .

Radio

;);)

I have, dear friend Mark, loved every minute of this cruise with you... as usual. Great pictures and such a gorgeous, beautiful ship she is. Felt rather sad when I saw your latest 'position of the Quantum' and realized this cruise is almost done. Boo Hoo. Anyway, a hundred thanks for taking the time from your vacation to keep we poor land-locked followers happy. Luv ya. xxx from dm

Here are a few more. . . .Many more pics tomorrow.

I will try to post the video I made of the Maho Beach landing. . .

Radio

The water is beautiful, and it appea

G20.jpg

La Jeva ? It tasted like Coke to me. . .

G36.JPG

Radio, thanks for this wonderful review...:) If you are still wondering, young people call their girlfriends "jevas" in Puerto Rico. Coca Cola had this promotion before and during the Holidays...

Radio, thanks for this wonderful review...:) If you are still wondering, young people call their girlfriends "jevas" in Puerto Rico. Coca Cola had this promotion before and during the Holidays...

Thanks drarill. .. I figured it had some significance, but now I know why Coke did it ;)

Radio

;);)

Edited by Radio

There are many lounge chairs in the Solarium. We were on the Quantum, Jan. 11 sailing. We usually had breakfast In The Windjammer by 8 or 8:30 and never had trouble finding a good place to sit. You will be amazed at how many places there are. The Solarium is the biggest and prettiest of any ship we have been on. We liked the round loungers best, but there are fewer of these and harder to get, but we managed a few times. Wish we were there right now, it is so cold here and a storm is on the way....again :(

Hello everyone . . . Today was a busy day. I was able to do some of the things that mentioned this morning, but there will be more chances tomorrow.

Today started out looking very nice. .. The sun was out and the seas were a little choppy, but not bad. This afternoon things really got bad (rough seas) NorthStar was open for about 90 min this morning but it was decide that the seas were way to rough for passengers to ride NorthStar.

All of the pools were closed, and the water was splashing and rocking about. It seemed like the place to be was in the Solarium where the spas and loungers were filled to capacity. The live band played at the indoor pool while passengers also relaxed and read . . . Many were napping. . . I was successful with the Bumper Cars in SeaPlex where I was able to have a lot of fun. The cars don’t go fast but when someone “bumps” you head on . . . You really feel it.

I was able to go to lunch today in Coastal Kitchen for the Diamond Plus “Dine with an Officer” invitation I received. The food may have been among the best meals I had had this week. The Officer assigned to my table was the IT Manager who was very proud of the OB3 Network, and what it had to offer. I am not happy to report that this will be the last cruise with the complimentary Wi-Fi (According to the IT Mgr.). This info was suggested by Captain Gus Andersson later in the day when I spoke to him. . .

The most exciting thing for me was Rip Cord by iFly. This has to be one of the most exhilarating things I have ever done. All participants watch a short film, and then a very experienced instructor provided the details for a smooth “flight”. My time in the tube was only 1 minute, but it is an experience that I will not soon forget.

Tomorrow I have a Galley tour and TWO 70 Lounge backstage tour . . . I am really looking forward to those events. Here are a few pics form today . . .

Thanks for all of the nice comments.

Radio

Things looked very promising this morning. . .

I7.JPG

The seas got very rough

I12.JPG

The RipCord I-Fly Instructor gets you started. . .

I10.JPG

Then he let go, and I was flying !

I16.jpg

Bumper Cars was a little easier. . .and a lot of fun.

I11.JPG

All of the Pools were closed due to weather and rough seas

I18.JPG

Edited by Radio

A fascinating review, as always. Thank you.

I hope that you will get a chance to post the menus from the included dining places either while on the cruise or when you get home.

Thanks AlanAllyn. . .I have a lot of scanning to do :confused:

Radio

;);)

Radio, I am amazed at the in-depth reporting you provide to us cruise critic members. If you would; can you tell me how you post such beautiful pictures plus add comments and txt? I would like to try doing this on my next cruise; however, I don't know how. So I ask you; the master of live threads. Thank you.

Was wondering if they cautioned you about false teeth before doing the IFly??? When I did it, some gent lost his and they had to stop everything for about 20 minutes whilst they tried to retrieve them. I noticed that a lot of people tend to open their mouth while in the tunnel:rolleyes:. There was no warning to our group.

An awesome review as always, Mark. And I also appreciate the time you take out of your vacation time to share your great pictures and information about the cruise.

If you have time for another question - When releasing info on Quantum, there was mention of a "Gatsby" party. I haven't seen anyone mention it who has been on board so far. Have you noticed it listed in the compass at all? Thanks.

Radio,

Thanks for another excellent "LIVE" review. I was thrilled to be able to check out the QOS vacariously through your trip. It (or Anthem) will certainly be on our list of ships to consider when planning our next trip.

BTW the last time I was in Orlando I got to try iFly. I am so glad you enjoyed it. That was quite a thrill!!! Can't wait to get my wife a chance to try it.

Have a great last day and enjoy!!!

Rich

Thank you for asking about wifi very sad but you never know maybe with the weather he'll feel bad for us and change his mind. Thanks for all the great info you were fantastic have a safe trip home ps we'll post if we get free wifi I am sure maybe 1/2 price. Thank you again