Breakaway Spa/Haven/Vibe passes please clarify

peanutbutterjelly

The Haven is not a pass these are rooms with an entire area dedicated to it.

(Ship inside a Ship). The spa passes are just that sauna,whirlpool, salt room and heated loungers. I think they have a day and weekly passes. The Vibe I don't know a lot about but I believe it is a private pool area. It has it's own bar with big comfy chairs and it very secluded. They do not have a lot of these so go right to guest services. I am not sure about prices. Maybe others can add more to this information. (The Haven is a private are with a super small pool,whirlpool,loungers and a restaurant.

Edited by footballbabe3

The Haven is a private courtyard and pool area only accessible if you are booked in a Haven category suite.

Spa passes are included with any spa category stateroom on the away class. The spa desk also sells a limited amount of weekly passes to enjoy the thermal suite, cost varies between ship and length of cruise. Day passes are sometimes available, and access is granted with the purchase of a spa treatment, as well.

Vibe ( or Posh on Epic) is an adults only area of the the Breakaway and Getaway that has loungers, hot tubs, a bar and waiters that come around with complimentary fruit skewers. You can rent a cabana if you like. Again, limited number of passes so it's best to board early and get right to guest services to purchase.

I'm sure others can fill you in with more details. I have enjoyed both the spa and the Haven on the Breakaway, by booking a Spa Haven Suite. There was no need for a Vibe pass, as the Haven offered the same thing and it was included in my fare.

Good luck and Happy cruising!

Norwegian Breakaway Vibe Beach Club Access Cost and Passes:

$20 per person/per day

$79 per person/week-long sailing

$79 One Port Day Pass: includes access for 2 guests, private cabana rental for the day and $30 food/beverage credit

$99 One Sea Day Pass: includes access for 2 guests, private cabana rental for the day and $30 food/beverage credit

$299 Week-Long Pass: includes access for 2 guests all week, week-long private cabana rental and $100 food/beverage credit (As per NCL rep, the

OBC is to be used only at the vibe bar)

if you like the sun and your companion like the shade, you better get a cabana because it is not much shade there at all only at the cabanas, or the bar. i think they are only 4 cabanas, and along with the passes they sale out in minutes after boarding, you get them at the guest services desk on deck 6. The vibe does not have a pool, it has a jacuzzi. Is located in deck 17, look it up is plenty of pictures and videos in YouTube.

The spa balcony (B9) deck 14 is well worth it. You get unlimited access to the spa, depending the itinerary and the weather sometimes you spend more time there than in the pool area. We had it on thanksgiving week, the weather was horrible so we were there every day and enjoyed it a lot.

• 4 months later...

If you are in the haven 2 bedroom suite it is correct to assume that you cannot use the facilities in the spa - sauna, thermal pool, etc. - is it only for those that book a spa type room?

If so then is there a sauna type pool in the private area for Haven guests there is video showing it on utube but no one has actually confirmed being in it.

The best thing about the Vibe area is that no one under 18 (I believe it is 18) is allowed. On my last cruise out of Miami, the Haven guests were getting kicked out of the Vibe because they did not buy Vibe passes, and the Haven guests were angry because Haven children took over the Haven pool and were apparently quite loud and rambunctious.

John

If you are in the haven 2 bedroom suite it is correct to assume that you cannot use the facilities in the spa - sauna, thermal pool, etc. - is it only for those that book a spa type room?

If so then is there a sauna type pool in the private area for Haven guests there is video showing it on utube but no one has actually confirmed being in it.

Right, except the Haven Spa Suites, you don't get a spa pass in the Haven unless you buy it.

The Spa on Getaway and Breakaway has:

aromatherapy steam room

salt room

sanarium

sauna

heated tile loungers

hot tub

waterfall showers with body jets (both in the sauna and also in the changing rooms)

water circuit (6 powerful spaces with body jets, 1 bubbling area that is very powerful, thalisotherapy area, neck and back jet.) It's quite a fantastic water circuit and I spent many hours there on our last cruise! You don't need a massage after an hour in the water circuit!

The Haven has a swimming pool and it has a hot tub (or two depending on the ship.) Some Haven's also have a very small steam room and a small fitness room.

I'll add one more little piece of info. If your planning on getting a balcony room and also looking at buying the spa pass for the week look at the price of a Spa Balcony. We my wife and I went on the BA the price of a spa balcony cabin was only $100 more than a regular balcony. The cabin size is the same, the spa balcony cabins are on deck 14 and you have full access to the thermal spa. We saved ourselves $300 by doing this

The spa pass is $199 per week. They limit the number to 120. We had tried to get a spa balcony but they were already sold out. Just a note, we were told that the spa facilities are not included when you get a spa service. That is a change since our last cruise. Also, they must not have sold out all 120 passes. Either on Wednesday or Thursday there was an item in the FS Daily saying you could purchase a day pass for only $45. It was only in there one day and it was not advertised in the spa.

• 1 month later...

aromatherapy steam room

salt room

sanarium

sauna

heated tile loungers

hot tub

waterfall showers with body jets

I'm guessing that the sauna is not co-ed but is there anything else?

aromatherapy steam room

salt room

sanarium

sauna

heated tile loungers

hot tub

waterfall showers with body jets

I'm guessing that the sauna is not co-ed but is there anything else?

The sauna is co-ed, everything is except showers in the locker rooms.

We were on the Breakaway in a Spa Mini-Suite. That included the Spa passes with the room. We had very rough seas the first two days so the Spa hot tub and Thermal pool were emptied out for the two days. The same happened on the way back to NYC. The last two full days the whirlpool and Thermal pool were emptied for safety reasons. I found the heated lounge chairs to be super uncomfortable. I'm glad the passes came with the room because I would have not been too happy.

I have mobility issues and use a wheelchair for long distance. I can stand and walk very small amount. The only way up to The Vibe is up a set of stairs. They said, they have a small elevator up there but it's mostly broken. So we were unable to even check it out, let alone buy passes and use it, daily.

On the way down, the sea was so crazy rough, the children's pool was broken the entire trip. We had 50 foot waves for the first two days. A lot of people were very sick, from the motion of the ocean. I found it excellent for sleeping. On the way back it was bad but nothing like going down. We had to skip Puetro Rico, which was our first stop.

So, if you buy these passes, know that anything could happen and they close it down. Somebody posted that they bought The Vibe passes and it would be closed for no reason. Keep that in mind, too. They do whatever they want, when they want.

We were on the Breakaway in a Spa Mini-Suite. That included the Spa passes with the room. We had very rough seas the first two days so the Spa hot tub and Thermal pool were emptied out for the two days. The same happened on the way back to NYC. The last two full days the whirlpool and Thermal pool were emptied for safety reasons. I found the heated lounge chairs to be super uncomfortable. I'm glad the passes came with the room because I would have not been too happy.

I have mobility issues and use a wheelchair for long distance. I can stand and walk very small amount. The only way up to The Vibe is up a set of stairs. They said, they have a small elevator up there but it's mostly broken. So we were unable to even check it out, let alone buy passes and use it, daily.

On the way down, the sea was so crazy rough, the children's pool was broken the entire trip. We had 50 foot waves for the first two days. A lot of people were very sick, from the motion of the ocean. I found it excellent for sleeping. On the way back it was bad but nothing like going down. We had to skip Puetro Rico, which was our first stop.

So, if you buy these passes, know that anything could happen and they close it down. Somebody posted that they bought The Vibe passes and it would be closed for no reason. Keep that in mind, too. They do whatever they want, when they want.

I guess that you were on the same cruise as us, February 1? It was very rough for some days both when going south and when going back north again. Vibe was closed for some days because of the bad weather. We had a suite but still bought Vibepasses and we are very happy that we did that even if we couldn't use them for some days. Vibe was supernice when the weather was good!!!

I have read, somewhere on this forum, that people have been able to get some money back when Vibe has been closed some days because of bad weather. It's probably the same with spapasses.

• 2 weeks later...
Haven - for those booked in a haven suite

Spa pass - $199 for the week, a finite money sold

Vibe pass - adult only deck area - $79 for the week - very limited # sold

If you're booked already you can purchase the weekly thermal suite i.e. spa pass through your ncl.com account prior to sailing at a $20 discount. I don't see a similar option for Vibe.