Serenade of the Seas - 300+ staterooms cancelled

Well....

I was going to book a last minute cruise on Serenade for the next run on the 31st of JAN. I was debating between that and driving a few hours farther to the Navigator out of Galveston....

Well....it appears the decision has been made for me...Galveston it is:)

even if this is fixed and they are under way, this will be a mess on this ship for weeks unless they cancel this cruise to do repairs this week.

$150 should cover the airline change fee. The biggest problem will be finding available seats for flights on Sunday. Flights are usually fully booked. I feel so sorry for all those affected.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

between Biloxi airport, NOLA, and Houston...there should be enough open seats to get people out of dodge...

Yeah, the rooms were actually damaged so when we were going to board, the porter wouldn't even take our bag. We were already on the initial list and apparently it got bigger.

The crummy part was no one told us what to do, so we were among hordes of people and had to figure out which line we had to stand in to be told we're not boarding.

What do you mean by "damaged"?????:confused:

Well....

I was going to book a last minute cruise on Serenade for the next run on the 31st of JAN. I was debating between that and driving a few hours farther to the Navigator out of Galveston....

Well....it appears the decision has been made for me...Galveston it is:)

even if this is fixed and they are under way, this will be a mess on this ship for weeks unless they cancel this cruise to do repairs this week.

But what makes you think it will be a mess for weeks, do you honestly have any clue of what is actually wrong?....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

But what makes you think it will be a mess for weeks, do you honestly have any clue of what is actually wrong?....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Common Sense....enough damage to rooms/utilities that you know you can't board 900 people...and it requires Coast Guard Approval and inspection just to sail? honestly that's a patch to a problem. The gentlemen who is ON the ship is posting on another thread. If they dont sail this morning...everyone is off and its being cancelled. thats a serious issue.

Something that serious is going to take some actual work to repair and put back to standard...the onboard and even port side maint can only do so much in 1 overnight....

what....you think its like changing out some wet carpet???? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sorry to those affected. I saw on Facebook that someone rebooked on the Carnival Dream sailing tomorrow. As you can see by my signature all but 1 of my cruises has been with Carnival. When I sailed on the Rhapsody out of Galveston the ship was having mechanical issues and the ship couldn't leave until the next day. I understood that the situation was out of their control but Royal Caribbean did a HORRIBLE job in communicating. I will never sail with them again. Good luck to those affected.

Amazing. Bad communicating from RCI-- have you been in a vacuum? Had the Carnival fiasco totally slipped your mind.

They ALL have bad -- PR be real. You would think they would have some routine down for dealing with PROBLEMS. They don't pre-plan the What if's.....

Common Sense....enough damage to rooms/utilities that you know you can't board 900 people...and it requires Coast Guard Approval and inspection just to sail? honestly that's a patch to a problem. The gentlemen who is ON the ship is posting on another thread. If they dont sail this morning...everyone is off and its being cancelled. thats a serious issue.

Something that serious is going to take some actual work to repair and put back to standard...the onboard and even port side maint can only do so much in 1 overnight....

what....you think its like changing out some wet carpet???? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So again you have no clue whatsoever, what the actual problem is or what it will take to resolve the issue, thanks for nothing.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Amazing. Bad communicating from RCI-- have you been in a vacuum? Had the Carnival fiasco totally slipped your mind.

They ALL have bad -- PR be real. You would think they would have some routine down for dealing with PROBLEMS. They don't pre-plan the What if's.....

That's not true. Do you remember the oil spill in Galveston?? What about the Adventure problem in San Juan?? Both cases of very poor communication from RCI. In fact, in Galveston many folks were depending on information to passengers on Carnival because they were getting nothing from RCI.

So again you have no clue whatsoever, what the actual problem is or what it will take to resolve the issue, thanks for nothing.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

bad mood this morning? taking it out on the internet?

Was also on the SOS and got off this morning. While we never felt in danger, it was an inconvenience. My room was not affected except for no TV power, but those rooms affected had no lights, power and ventilation. It does make me feel I need to listen more seriously to the muster drill and presentation,. The emergency floor lights were kept on all night. It was a very extreme night for those in an inside room, where I heard they had to leave their doors open all night for air, those with balconies got to sleep on the chairs on their balcony. The Captain came on during dinner around 7:30 saying their was a power problem, but nothing to be scared about. They then canceled the show in the theater and relocated it to another lounge in the rear of the ship, and finally the captain came on the speakers around 10:00 pm saying the problem was more than anticipated and they were doing their best to get the situation under control. The scariest part was seeing the Bridge officers operating with flashlights navigating the ship. All in all, it was an inconvenience, but glad there was never any real danger, but makes you understand their safety precautions and should not take them lightly..

Alan "no real danger" who said that the Captain of SOS or Concordia? When a ship that size, any size really, looses power heading up the Mississippi in dark--- D A N G E R.

People use your head!!

That's not true. Do you remember the oil spill in Galveston?? What about the Adventure problem in San Juan?? Both cases of very poor communication from RCI. In fact, in Galveston many folks were depending on information to passengers on Carnival because they were getting nothing from RCI.

Your right Carnival has/had no problems. In fact that's why they don't need to communicate with passengers.

They do however ask the tug boat driver pulling them back to port to say something nice to the cruisers around the 3rd or 4th day to keep them happy. Give passengers extra plastic bags to poop in. Yup no problems and great communications.

Little notes are dropped with supplies from the helicopter dropping off water and food.

JUST laughing with TYPE on a Sunday morning. I do stand by my THEY ALL hide their problems----.

What is still unclear to me is if the main problems are water damage or electrical. Are those rooms damaged by water, or are the just without power? And what about the theater?Are the repairs mostly fixing an electric sub-station? I kind of think (hope) that once they get the electrical problems fixed, the rest of the stuff should be minor. Also, was this caused by a design flaw that could affect other Radiance Class ships?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your right Carnival has/had no problems. In fact that's why they don't need to communicate with passengers.

They do however ask the tug boat driver pulling them back to port to say something nice to the cruisers around the 3rd or 4th day to keep them happy. Give passengers extra plastic bags to poop in. Yup no problems and great communications.

Little notes are dropped with supplies from the helicopter dropping off water and food.

JUST laughing with TYPE on a Sunday morning. I do stand by my THEY ALL hide their problems----.

When did I say Carnival has/had no issues?? Carnival has had issues in the past. But when Carnival does have issues they communicate. That is something that RCL lacks. Please read posts before you comment.

What is still unclear to me is if the main problems are water damage or electrical. Are those rooms damaged by water, or are the just without power? And what about the theater?Are the repairs mostly fixing an electric sub-station? I kind of think (hope) that once they get the electrical problems fixed, the rest of the stuff should be minor. Also, was this caused by a design flaw that could affect other Radiance Class ships?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe someone in Miami misplaced the recall letter. :o

No problem with our ocean-view cabin other than loss of power (in cabin and in the hall). Hard to pack in the dark:D. Woke up about 3:15 a.m. and checked bedside light, and it came on. Hall still dark when we debarked. From what I HEARD (you know what that means:rolleyes:), the water damage was discovered - and possibly confined to? - the theater.

Lovely cruise.

Kathy

According to the article on Cruise Critic news, it was a broken water pipe that wiped out a good part of the electric system. They are giving the cancelled people full refund and a 100% credit on their next cruise based on what they paid for this one.

According to the article on Cruise Critic news, it was a broken water pipe that wiped out a good part of the electric system. They are giving the cancelled people full refund and a 100% credit on their next cruise based on what they paid for this one.

Yes, that's correct. My husband and I was one of the cancellations. Any updates? Have they left?

Just checked Marine Traffic and Serenade is on the move, she is currently sailing at 4.3 knots.

Oh thank God! Sorry I missed this post. Thank you for the update. At least our CC friends will get to go! Honestly, I'm still really sad. This was supposed to be a re-do of our honeymoon because THAT cruise sucked. :-/

What about the lost vacation time?

I'm sorry if that was unclear - we should receive a refund in about 3 weeks and a voucher in about 2 months, which is valid for a year.

My husband's just going to go back to work in a few days. I work from home, so I'll just begin like normal tomorrow. :-/

Oh thank God! Sorry I missed this post. Thank you for the update. At least our CC friends will get to go! Honestly, I'm still really sad. This was supposed to be a re-do of our honeymoon because THAT cruise sucked. :-/

That was from early this morning. She was moving to another dock. Still there as of now.