Serenade of the Seas - 300+ staterooms cancelled

Oh thank God! Sorry I missed this post. Thank you for the update. At least our CC friends will get to go! Honestly, I'm still really sad. This was supposed to be a re-do of our honeymoon because THAT cruise sucked. :-/

It was only moving so they could reposition it to another dock in NOLA. It's now stopped again.

That's not true. Do you remember the oil spill in Galveston?? What about the Adventure problem in San Juan?? Both cases of very poor communication from RCI. In fact, in Galveston many folks were depending on information to passengers on Carnival because they were getting nothing from RCI.

Naw i think i read it right. You like Carnival and that's great. I like them also. You missed the point. Just because you like them and cruise them all but 1 time does not make them superior.

The little spinet about people on RCI (many people) and your "IN FACT" is not a fact and MANY is how MANY 2 -3 all. Many got info from Carnival people because RCI wasn't communicating --- come on now.

You know your not suppose to lie on the internet. There not allowed to put anything on the net unless it's true --- remember.

Laura (of CCritic fame) has posted a link to RCI about the problem. Rather then rumor hit the link.

We were on board when the incident happened. The TV lost signal, and we went in the hallway to see it was dark. Headed to dinner and when we returned the hallway and room had no power. But they left us one glow stick. They said the outage was in fire zone 2. When we awoke in NOLA this am all the power In the hallway and theater were still out. What a mess.

What was your room number? I am sailing on Feb 7th and seeing if my cabin has been effected.....thanks!

What was your room number? I am sailing on Feb 7th and seeing if my cabin has been effected.....thanks!

It was essentially the entire aft of the ship. I'm in 8515. So it affected all decks in this portion (Give or take, they didn't show us an exact map).

https://nerdythirtysomething.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/rccleffup.jpg

Edited by tanikwish

It was essentially the entire aft of the ship. I'm in 8515. So it affected all decks in this portion (Give or take, they didn't show us an exact map).

https://nerdythirtysomething.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/rccleffup.jpg

Just trying to get a grip on the area. You said the aft section. [rear of ship] this map shows the forward section. Which is correct?

Just trying to get a grip on the area. You said the aft section. [rear of ship] this map shows the forward section. Which is correct?

It's the forward section. Looks like all cabins in the forward fire zone. You can see a slight gap between cabins just forward of the forward elevators for the fire doors. I was chatting with someone on twitter last night who had a cabin just aft of that break and they were on board.

It's the forward section. Looks like all cabins in the forward fire zone. You can see a slight gap between cabins just forward of the forward elevators for the fire doors. I was chatting with someone on twitter last night who had a cabin just aft of that break and they were on board.

Where are you getting your information? We were shown where the damage was on a drawing was because we were one of the ones to get cancelled.

Edited by tanikwish

I have been following 4 threads regarding the Serenade issues and I believe the cabins that have no power are in the forward section of the ship. (Forward of the forward elevators.)

Oh, duh I'm sorry. It's been a crappy situation. Forgive my error. Just sad I'm home and not cruising.

How horrible! I'm so sorry this happened, but glad everyone is safe. I'm surprised they don't just cancel the cruise to get the ship back in working order.

If they do that they have to refund everybody. This way they hope to salvage some thing and hopefully reduce their losses.

did this just affect cabins on the lower forward decks? or all forward cabins?

From the number of people, it affected all forward cabins, but the list was changing when we left. I know for sure that people on other decks were being told there was damaged. The full extent, I don't know. I've read 900 people recently, but I can't confirm that.

From the number of people, it affected all forward cabins, but the list was changing when we left. I know for sure that people on other decks were being told there was damaged. The full extent, I don't know. I've read 900 people recently, but I can't confirm that.

I did a quick count of cabins forward of the forward elevators and it roughly matches the number of cabins/ people that we heard are displaced.

Well, it better than going postal.

I thought that would happen. We were just so tired though. I'm just glad I kept my emotions in check and didn't full on bawl the entire time. Hubby was angry but remained upbeat which helped a lot.

Edited by tanikwish

Your right Carnival has/had no problems. In fact that's why they don't need to communicate with passengers.

They do however ask the tug boat driver pulling them back to port to say something nice to the cruisers around the 3rd or 4th day to keep them happy. Give passengers extra plastic bags to poop in. Yup no problems and great communications.

Little notes are dropped with supplies from the helicopter dropping off water and food.

JUST laughing with TYPE on a Sunday morning. I do stand by my THEY ALL hide their problems----.

Yes, Carnival has had similar communications issues. However, just because Carnival can't communicate properly doesn't excuse Royal Caribbean for being just as inept.